Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Trek Into Darkness : Spec/Ideas/News (SPOILERS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We waited before, and survived. We can make it (not that it will be easy.)
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
      Simon Says: 18 Months Until Next Star Trek?

As reported on Breakingnews.ie, Simon Pegg was interviewed about a number of subjects and, not surprisingly, Star Trek was one of them. Actually, it was the Star Trek sequel.

"I know the writers are busy thinking about it," offered Pegg. "I don't really know anything about the story, of if I'm in a bigger role, but I'd imagine we'll be back this time next year. That's not official, but I reckon it's probably about 18 months away from being in the cinema."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...w/news/?a=8325
      As much as i'd love that to be the case, it's two/two-and-a-half/three years away from being in the cinema. The writers have until christmas to write the film, then they have to organise sets, crew, actors etc, film the thing, which could take 2-4 months, then all the visual effects, music, editing, sound etc... so a while yet.

Anyways, i want them to take there time. Get it right, dn't rush, and with no writers strike, they can even do re-writes if needed

Rimmer: 'I cant let you out'
      Lister: 'Why not?'
      Rimmer: 'Because the king of the potato people wont let me. I begged him. I got down on my knees and wept. He wants to keep you here, keep you here for 10 years'
      Cat: 'Can we see him?'
      Rimmer: 'See who?'
      Cat: 'The king.'
      Rimmer: 'Do you have a magic carpet?'
      Lister: 'Yeah...a little 3 seater'
      Rimmer: 'So let me get this straight, you want to fly on a magic carpet to see the king of the potato people, and plead with him for your freedom. And your telling me your completely sane?'

Comment

Originally posted by Smegger56 View Post
        As much as i'd love that to be the case, it's two/two-and-a-half/three years away from being in the cinema. The writers have until christmas to write the film, then they have to organise sets, crew, actors etc, film the thing, which could take 2-4 months, then all the visual effects, music, editing, sound etc... so a while yet.

Anyways, i want them to take there time. Get it right, dn't rush, and with no writers strike, they can even do re-writes if needed
        I don't want a rushed movie either. They take whatever time they take to give us the sequel we deserve.
        sigpic
        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by Smegger56 View Post

I agree...I don't want a rushed movie. Usually, when movies are rushed they're crap!

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
          I don't want a rushed movie either. They take whatever time they take to give us the sequel we deserve.
          I agree...Even though I think the last to Next Gen. movies weren't as bad as a lot of people were making them out to be...this Star Trek movie was far better. And I want the sequel to be just as good, if not better, as the current release.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
            I agree...Even though I think the last to Next Gen. movies weren't as bad as a lot of people were making them out to be...this Star Trek movie was far better. And I want the sequel to be just as good, if not better, as the current release.
            I liked Nemesis much more than a lot of people. But, such is the case sometimes.

But yeah, Star Trek was the best Trek movie in a long time. Having the sequel be at least as good would be so great.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

As good as 'First Contact' was, there wasn't enough action. The original idea for the Sector 001 battle was for a Borg FLEET against the Federation fleet. THAT would have been SO cool.
              I'll say that the new movie had great action, but it was kinda confusing at points. SO fast, SO many lens flares. If battle sequences were like the ones in FC and Nemesis, I'd love them, but the ones in the new movie were nice, if a bit fast and furious.
              sigpic
              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                As good as 'First Contact' was, there wasn't enough action. The original idea for the Sector 001 battle was for a Borg FLEET against the Federation fleet. THAT would have been SO cool.
                I'll say that the new movie had great action, but it was kinda confusing at points. SO fast, SO many lens flares. If battle sequences were like the ones in FC and Nemesis, I'd love them, but the ones in the new movie were nice, if a bit fast and furious.
                For the most part, I liked that.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                  I liked Nemesis much more than a lot of people. But, such is the case sometimes.

But yeah, Star Trek was the best Trek movie in a long time. Having the sequel be at least as good would be so great.
                  I liked Nemesis as well...but of the Next Gen movies I would say First Contact is the winner, hands down.

I went to see the Star Trek again on Friday. I thought that the theater would be dead...especially since I went to see it in the morning. But it was packed!
                  sigpic

Comment

Orci on Rebooting an Old Story or Creating a New Storyline for Star Trek XII

The Tribune posted a new interview with Star Trek writer Roberto Orci, and and here are few excerpts of the article.

The question is : do Orci and Alex Kurtzman create a fresh plot with never-before-seen characters and scenarios or -- because young Kirk and Spock are now part of an alternate timeline where the past has been altered -- do they introduce new versions of such popular villains as the Klingons or Khan? Orci recognizes each approach has its own merits.

Rebooting familiar elements appeals instantly to fans and attracts the attention of "the media-sphere," as he calls it.

"But on the other hand," he adds, "who doesn't love an original story?"
                    http://trekweb.com/articles/2009/07/...n-Merits.shtml

Comment

I wonder how long we will be toyed with as to what direction they will take with this next Star Trek?
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Personally, I think a great direction to go with is to work with a classic villain as they did with Dark Knight. I'd love to see the next Trek movie to go in the direction of an epic war story with the Klingons. Scrap the sci-fi stuff for a film and work on character development and dramatic tension, turn it into a fun, action packed space opera without the depression of BSG.

Comment

Originally posted by TryWhistlingThis View Post
                          Personally, I think a great direction to go with is to work with a classic villain as they did with Dark Knight.
                          I agree a classic villain would be excellent. I just hope the Klingons look like Klingons...if that's the route the go. I didn't know who the enemies were until they said they were Romulans. I was like who are these tattooed people?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                            I agree a classic villain would be excellent. I just hope the Klingons look like Klingons...if that's the route the go. I didn't know who the enemies were until they said they were Romulans. I was like who are these tattooed people?
                            But what type of klingon? the original TOS tpye or the one shown in all other shows and movies?

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                              But what type of klingon? the original TOS tpye or the one shown in all other shows and movies?
                              We are used to seeing the already established version of the Klingons. Why do they need to mess with those elements?? Its like I said, most people were unable to identify the villian in Star Trek as a Romulan until it was announced in the movie who the baddies were. At first, I was just like...who are the dudes with the cool tribal tats?
                              sigpic

Comment

I just don't want to see Khan again (at least as the main threat). After all, Shinzon had some pretty Khan-like qualities, and so did Nero. Hopefully we can't get a villain that's a little different from Khan. There are so many possiblities, I don't think they have to re-do a villain that has already been done very well.

I wouldn't mind seeing a villain from the original series, however, maybe one that's a bit less popular. I think Kor (first Klingon seen on the show) would be a pretty good choice.
                                "Yo, Adrian!" -Rocky in Rocky
                                "That'll be the Day" -John Wayne in The Searchers

Comment

Working...
                                X