Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Trek Into Darkness : Spec/Ideas/News (SPOILERS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the best they can come up with is reusing past characters then it best to bring in new writers already. Someone who can come up with new enemies and new races.

Khan been done, in fact if anything older spock would just tell kirk to fly by the nuclear power ship blow it to tiny little pieces and not attempt to revive the crew again.

There no story there to be told that would not make old spock look stupid and naive.

In fact if I would to write the next film, I would start with them showing the large scale Klingon fleet being destroy by Nero who have cleaverly made it look like it was the Federation who is behind the attack.
    Flash forward six months in time and have the Federation and Klingon war in full flow with other powers getting drag into the conflict.
    And Romulas being given vast technological advantage over both sides by Nero giving them access to his ship technology.

Then have Pike and Kirk and old Spock, he cooler than the new one having to try to end the war before both the federation and Klingon full to the Romulan Star empire.

The final being a huge joint strike force by Klingon/ Federation fleet battling a smaller but far more advance fleet of Romulan vessels, destroying the facilities and all the data that created them.
    The End

The film after that would focus on a new race and completely new storyline.

Comment

Originally posted by dmacfour View Post
      I want them to explore the unknown; that's always my favorite part of any sci-fi show.
      Same here. Through that should be the third film. The second should focus on what Nero got up to in 20 years he waited around for spock.
      The third should introduce us to exploration and a new enemies and new dangers to the Federation.

Comment

I agree that, like time travellers NEVER do it seems, Spock should spill the beans about everything that happens in the future, from enemies to anomalies to technology. He seemed headed in that direction by giving the equation for transwarp beaming, but that might have been simply because the situation required it.
        The movies should definitely tell new and exciting stories, not wholecloth rehashes or reuses or kitbashes of TOS episodes.
        sigpic
        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I want a mixture of some old story-lines made new again, and some brand new adventures. I guess they will just have to make quite a few of these Star Treks.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Indeed.
            sigpic
            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman on the Positive Response, Box Office Success and Sequel of New Star Trek Movie

NRAMA: At this point, with the success of Star Trek, it's inevitable that there is going to be a sequel. What kind of discussions have you had about that and where do you see the franchise going?

Orci: We've had a few discussions. We are superstitious and think it's bad luck to talk about your next project before you fully introduce the first one to the world. We've had a few little preliminary discussions, dinner, and stuff.

Kurtzman: The nice thing about the reaction has been that people are embracing the idea of it being an unwritten future and therefore the next movie isn't entirely predictable, yet there are expectations of seeing familiar elements like in the first one. We're just debating whether that's the right paradigm to continue or try something different.
              http://trekweb.com/articles/2009/05/...ek-Movie.shtml

Comment

Simon Pegg on Working with J.J. Abrams, Star Trek Fan Base and Sequels

And of course, about the prospect of being in more Trek sequels: "It would be nice to do more, yes."
                http://trekweb.com/articles/2009/05/...-Sequels.shtml

Comment

I really can't wait until a sequel is set in stone. That way, the serious talk can really commence.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

What kinds of things would you like to see in the next Trek movie following on from this one?

I'd love to see an encounter with something from TOS like maybe The Doomsday Machine and see how that works with today's effects I think hell it would be kind of awesome to even see that thing do what it was supposed to do and chase a few Borg cubes,.
                    I wouldn't mind a return to the Guardian of Forever too. Maybe the Guardian can help restore the timeline.

Oh and did anyone stick around for the end of the Credits in this current movie and did anything fun happen?
                    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Klingons. They were the main villains of the TOS movies (III, V, VI) and it would make sense to bring them back for the sequel(s). Maybe even bring back Christopher Lloyd and Christopher Plummer, eh?
                      sigpic
                      "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                      DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

I would have really liked to see a Romulan War movie, but that got shot down before this one came out. Now, I would love to see them revisit some of the things from the series.

Comment

Simple something new, original and not a rip off of an old episode of Star Trek, any of the other series.
                          Whole and a bit of exploration.
                          Completely new enemy.
                          And a new crew, with new characters and may be even a different starship design, something that actually will not make me have to try to keep down my popcorn whiles watching it on screen.
                          Last edited by knowles2; 25 May 2009, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                            Simple something new, original and not a rip of an old episode of Star Trek, any of the series.
                            Whole and a bit of exploration.
                            Completely new enemy.
                            And a new crew, with new characters and may be even a different starship design, something that actually will not make me have to try to keep down my popcorn whiles watching it on screen.

What was wrong with the current design or was it too bright?
                            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Definitely Klingons at some point.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                                What was wrong with the current design or was it too bright?
                                It was the shape and the overall design of the thing. It just did not feel right or look right in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X