Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Trek Into Darkness : Spec/Ideas/News (SPOILERS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
    But what type of klingon? the original TOS tpye or the one shown in all other shows and movies?
    IMO, the ones shown in all the other shows and movies. And please, don't change them.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'm not sure i'd want Khan either. In my opinion, the best contemporary actor to play that role is now deceased: David Carradine. He would have been terrific, but it's too late now. You could reinterpret the character with a different type of actor, say, Geoff Goldblum, he could give the character a sinister and modern edge.

But i'm not big on a Khan re-write. Go with Klingons I say.

Comment

Originally posted by TryWhistlingThis View Post
        Yeah...I agree...Klingons it is! Just keep the forehead ridges!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
          Yeah...I agree...Klingons it is! Just keep the forehead ridges!
          That, and the language too.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            I don't know why, but I love hearing the Klingon language and I think they could do some fun stuff with it in the next movie. I agree they should go with the later version of the Klingon.

A fun little fact about Klingon- I've read that Hamlet has been translated into the Klingon language and was published in the 90's.
            taH pagh taHbe'!
            "Yo, Adrian!" -Rocky in Rocky
            "That'll be the Day" -John Wayne in The Searchers

Comment

Originally posted by TryWhistlingThis View Post
              I'm not sure i'd want Khan either. In my opinion, the best contemporary actor to play that role is now deceased: David Carradine. He would have been terrific, but it's too late now. You could reinterpret the character with a different type of actor, say, Geoff Goldblum, he could give the character a sinister and modern edge.

ST-11 was supposed to have a Klingon subplot but was dropped. when the movie when you hear about 47 Klingon ships destroyed i'm assuming it was part of it

Comment

Of course we want the language too! :-)

Originally posted by A_PophisandhisFran View Post
                I don't know why, but I love hearing the Klingon language and I think they could do some fun stuff with it in the next movie. I agree they should go with the later version of the Klingon.

A fun little fact about Klingon- I've read that Hamlet has been translated into the Klingon language and was published in the 90's.
                taH pagh taHbe'!
                ROFLMAO...Hamlet translated into Klingon! I might have to see if I can find a book on CD of that!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder Hawk View Post
                  ST-11 was supposed to have a Klingon subplot but was dropped. when the movie when you hear about 47 Klingon ships destroyed i'm assuming it was part of it
                  One would think so.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

One would think so.
                    Then again...one never knows!
                    sigpic

Comment

Klingon Hamlet you say...
                      sigpic
                      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                        That's great.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                          LOL...awesome! Thanks!
                          sigpic

Comment

Leonard Nimoy on Alternate Timeline, Canon, Future of Spock and Star Trek XII

DM: What do you believe is Spock Prime's future after this film?

LN: My sense is that he has some work to do. He talked about establishing a new Vulcan colony and I think he will be very involved in that. If we never see him again that is what I would imagine he is doing. He is busy rebuilding the Vulcan story.

DM: As it stands right now, what do you foresee for the future of Star Trek?

LN: It is very clear that Paramount is interested in making another Star Trek movie. I think, at least a month ago, they had already authorized a script to be written and that means a financial investment and an expectation that there will be at least a script to look at. My understanding is that it will be written by the same guys, Bob Orci and Alex Kurtzman. They are probably at work on developing a story right now. I think that there is very strong interest in the next Star Trek movie coming from audience and studio alike. Beyond another movie, who knows? The future is wide open.

DM: I assume as well that you are very open minded to appearing as Spock again should they ask you?

LN: I have no illusions on whether or not they need me. They decided that they wanted to make this film using Spock as kind of an anchor for the story, which I think worked very, very well. They don't have to do that again. If they decide they have a role for me to play I would be very interested in talking to them about it. But I have every reason to believe that they have established a whole new set of characters and they can sail very well without me and that's fine. Either way is good with me. I am very gratified that this has happened.
                            http://trekweb.com/articles/2009/07/...Trek-XII.shtml

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                              Leonard Nimoy on Alternate Timeline, Canon, Future of Spock and Star Trek XII

http://trekweb.com/articles/2009/07/...Trek-XII.shtml
                              As always thanks for the info Madwelshboy!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                                As always thanks for the info Madwelshboy!!!
                                Indeed! We love how you always keep us well informed.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X