No announcement yet.

The Spiderman Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spider-Man 3 was a very rushed movie, but I still really enjoyed it the most out of the three, then again I usually enjoy any Marvel comic-based movie. Except for Elektra....yikes.

Comment

I would also rank the Spiderman movies

1) Spider-man II
      2) Spider-man III
      3) Spider-man

I can't wait for what is in store with Spider-man IV.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Spider-man II
        Spider-man III
        Spider-man

I think they took to long explaining his origin story in the first Spider-man movie. Spider-man III tried to do too much. It had a lot of action and I think they fell with some of the characterization. Spider-man II had a perfect mix of both
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

1. Spider-Man II
          2. Spider-Man
          3. Spider-Man III

While I don't exactly hate 3, it was definitely the weakest to me. I think they tried to do way too much and ended up with a real mess of a movie.

Still... I am excited for Spider-Man 4 and 5. I hope they finally include The Lizard and maybe even Carnage or Morbius..?? That would be neat.
          sigpic
          "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
          DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Dunst still not signed for 'Spider-Man 4'
            Monday, March 16 2009, 11:19 GMT

By Simon Reynolds, Movies Editor

Spider-Man director Sam Raimi has admitted that Kirsten Dunst has not yet signed up to return for the latest superhero sequel.

Speaking to IGN, the filmmaker insisted that "it wouldn't be the Spider-Man series" without Dunst reprising her role as Peter Parker's love interest Mary Jane Watson.

"I'm hoping that Kirsten will be in it, but we're still talking about that," he said. "Definitely, she's got to be in it. It wouldn't be the Spider-Man series without her."

Raimi also dismissed the idea that Spider-Man 4 and 5 will be shot concurrently, saying that he is only concentrating on one movie.

"The writers, producers and I are working out what the story will be, but we haven't been talking in terms of part 4 and 5," he informed MTV. "Right now we're just working on the story for Spider-Man 4, just that one film."

When quizzed about villains for the sequel, Raimi added: "We're definitely talking about working from all the material in the comic books and nothing [invented] outside of that. All the characters or villains will be from Stan Lee’s creations or those that came after him."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...der-man-4.html

Comment

Hopefully they can sign her for this film. Not because I like her all that much, but for continuity.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                Hopefully they can sign her for this film. Not because I like her all that much, but for continuity.

Yeah. Still... I wouldn't mind if they got someone else for the part.
                sigpic
                "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post

Yeah. Still... I wouldn't mind if they got someone else for the part.
                  If they could find a good enough replacement for her, I guess. I just hate when movies have to re-cast parts, especially considering we've had Kirsten for 3 movies already.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

i would rather have them recast everybody, since they're all getting a bit old, than recast one person, i hope dunst signs, she always said she'd be on board as long as maguire and raimi both were.
                    Spoiler:
                    Disclaimer:
                    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                    Quotes!
                    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                      i would rather have them recast everybody, since they're all getting a bit old, than recast one person, i hope dunst signs, she always said she'd be on board as long as maguire and raimi both were.
                      However, we all know saying and doing are two different things.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                        However, we all know saying and doing are two different things.
                        i know, that's why i said "i hope she signs" not "if she doesn't sign she will be going against her word"
                        Spoiler:
                        Disclaimer:
                        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                        Quotes!
                        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                        sigpic

Comment

Hopefully we'll know more soon.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

SPIDER-MAN 4 Plot and Villains Leaked?

OK, so fans are wondering and speculating over who the villains might be in the 'Spider-Man 4' movie, due out in 2011 from Sony.

An anonymous Maniac sent in a link from a movie database hosted by Hoyts Cinemas in Australia. The database lists 'Spider-Man 4' as "coming soon" and even provides a plot synopsis for the movie:

Spoiler:
                            Peter Parker now faces a more greater threat. After a man is accidentally killed in an electrical power outage; a mass murderer has bonded with a symbiote. Thus wreaking havoc as Peter faces this red rampage, as well as an electrifying madman.

Well, that certainly sounds like Carnage and Electro.

However, we have to say this info sounds extremely dubious for several reasons. First of all, why this plot summary would surface first on an Australian Cinema chain site is beyond us. Add to that the fact that the author of the summary is extremely grammar-challenged, with run-on sentences and awkward redundancies like "a more greater threat".

We're guessing someone at Hoyts picked up on fan chatter found on message boards over the past two years. Either that or someone has found a way to update Hoyts' database through surreptitious means. And, of course, Sam Raimi said just last week that he was still working on the basic storyline and contemplating which villain (or villains) he might use.

So, file this rumor under "highly doubtful".

http://www.mania.com/spiderman-4-vil...le_113950.html

Comment

Sam Raimi Empire Interview

Sam Raimi has creative control over Spider-Man 4 -- Unlike Spiderman 3...
                              In an interview with Empire for this May’s issue, Raimi openly talked about some of the problems with Spider-Man 3 and confirmed some rumors we all heard about two summers ago when the movie was released.

“They really gave me a tremendous amount of control on the first two films, actually. But then there were different opinions on the third film and I didn’t really have creative control, so to speak.”

It was rumored that Raimi wasn’t allowed to do his own story and that producers forced him to add Venom last minute as one of the villains in the story. When asked about that, Raimi responded:

“I don’t even want to comment on Venom, because I know he’s a great character and all the fans love him. I never want to say anything bad about a much-beloved character because usually it turns out that I’m the one that doesn’t understand what makes it great.”

More questions were thrown at the director about the issues surrounding Spider-Man 3 and the at-the-time Marvel head honcho Avi Arad’s rumored insistence on Venom’s inclusion, but Raimi responded professionally and didn’t name names or play the blame game in his answers.

“The best way for me to move forward on films, I realize…and this was a lesson I had to learn for myself…is that I’ve gotta be the singular voice that makes the creative choices on the film.”

"I love Spider-Man so much that I'd like to continue telling Spider-Man stories but only under those circumstances where I think I can honour him. I don't think I can honour him any other way."

Hopefully the next movie will return to the style and grade of the first two films. I’m glad that Raimi has confirmed that Tobey Maguire will be back as Peter Parker. Raimi also wants Kirsten Dunst back as Mary Jane but no deal has been made as of yet.

Earlier this month Raimi did give an update on Spider-Man 4, but he declined to add any more information: "I haven't yet talked to my producers about what they want to reveal. It's such a long way off that I'd rather not talk about it in case I say things that they didn't want me to reveal."

As for the villains of the next Spidey flick, Raimi has expresed interest in Morbius as a possible choice. He also has talked of bringing back a dead character. They have also spent a lot of effort in developing The Lizard.

I definitely prefer the choices of Lizard and Morbius, or Kraven, rather than the recently rumored Electro and Carnage movie. They can’t do Carnage because they disintegrated Venom, and totally screwed him up.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...y/news/?a=6773

Comment

I love Spider-Man and I'm looking forward to the fourth movie, but...

... does anyone on here read the (Ultimate) comics?

Comment

Working...
                                X