The Spiderman Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
    Definitely a great preview. Probably the best out of all of them. I saw this one a couple of days ago on Comcast ON Demand.

I sooo can't wait for this movie to come out.
    Fifth Man... can you direct me to the website that you got it from because the link that Warrior gave has buffering issues.

It looks terrific... but I hate watching things in extreme slow-mo...
    sigpic
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by TheWarrior View Post
      New trailer

View here

Enjoy
      Wowsa!, this movie looks off the hook.

Does anyone think this movie will make Tropher-Don't call me Christpoher-Grace a house hold name star?. Personally I like the guy a lot, he was brilliant on That 70's Show.

Comment

Well I am going to be in New York on a business trip when the Tribeca Film Festival takes place. I am already searching StubHub and a few other online ticket serivices to try and get a ticket to see the World Premiere of Spiderman III.

Yahoo:
        Spider-Man 3" will premiere at the Tribeca Film Festival on April 30, the New York festival announced Wednesday.

The third installment of the Sam Raimi-directed franchise will debut in the New York City borough of Queens, the hometown of Peter Parker, Spider-Man's alter ego. The premiere will kick off a planned "Spider-Man Week in NYC," which will include events and promotions throughout the city.

"Tribeca is thrilled to be premiering `Spider-Man 3' and to be a part of `Spider-Man Week in NYC,'" Tribeca co-founder Jane Rosenthal said in a statement. "Bringing exciting and new events to NYC and its community is one of the major goals of the festival."

The U.S. premiere of the much anticipated Columbia Pictures release will be the last stop on an eight-city world tour to begin April 16 in Tokyo.

The film, starring Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst, opens worldwide May 4. This installment introduces two new villains to the series: Sandman (Thomas Haden Church) and Venom (Topher Grace).

The Tribeca Film Festival was founded in 2002 by Robert De Niro and Rosenthal to help revitalize Lower Manhattan after the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center.

The sixth annual festival will run from April 25 through May 6.

Here is a link that you might be interested in.....

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808496334/photo/stills

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OulXJ36lu5E

Holy moly, that fight scene is amazing!

Comment

The trailer that I saw most recently was good. It wasn't as angsty as the others were.
            Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
            The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
            I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
            A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
            That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
            Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
            Caboose: They could be worse?
            Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

I saw this while reading through some stuff the other day. I guess they are planning a new Spiderman musical where Bono and The Edge will help write lyrics to the songs. They have rehearsals in early July. I guess now is the time to send in those video resumes that all you budding Broadway actors and musicians have.

Spider-Man Musical to Take Gotham in Upcoming Reading
              By Ernio Hernandez
              16 Apr 2007

A reading of the new musical Spider-Man will take place in New York City July 12 and 13, Playbill.com has learned.

A casting notice reveals the "29-hour rehearsed reading" will begin rehearsals July 2 for the two-day event.

As previously reported, Julie Taymor will direct the forthcoming musical version of the Marvel Comics hero with music provided by Bono and The Edge of the band U2. According to the notice, Glen Berger — playwright of Underneath The Lintel and The Wooden Breeks — will join Taymor on the book. (Neil Jordan — of "The Crying Game" fame — had previously been attached.) Taymor consistent collaborator Matthias "Teese" Gohl ("Across The Universe," "Frida," "Titus") will serve as musical supervisor.

The comic giant Marvel Entertainment will share producing credits with Hello Entertainment/David Garfinkle and Martin McCallum.

Taymor made history in 1998 as the first female director to earn the Tony Award for Best Direction of a Musical for the Broadway musical The Lion King — albeit mere moments after Garry Hynes became the first woman to win a Tony Award for Direction (for The Beauty Queen of Leenane). She also earned the Tony for Best Costume Design that night as well. The multi-genre director has lined her resume with Broadway credits (Juan Darien and The Green Bird), film work ("Titus" and "Frida") as well as opera productions ("Oedipus Rex" and the Metropolitan Opera run of "The Magic Flute").

Among the roles being sought to fill are the young-man-turned-hero Peter Parker/Spider-Man ("male, late teens to early 20's...[with a] great pop/rock voice") and love-interest Mary Jane ("female, late teens to early 20's...[with a] great pop/rock voice") as well as villain Norman Osborn/Green Goblin and Daily Bugle publisher J. Jonah Jameson (both call for "male, 50s.")

The character breakdowns provide some insight to plot points as the character Arachne ("female, 20-35 years old, any ethnicity") is described as "a beautiful, boastful young woman turned into a spider for her hubris and lack of respect for the gods. She subsequently appears to Peter Parker and the audience as in turn a powerful spider-woman who comes from another time to inspire Peter; an otherworldly lover; a bride; a terrifying (and sexy) dark goddess of vengeance; a dance partner in a charged and violent spiders dance of death; and, finally, a lonely, fragile young woman." Casting is seeking a "strong Celtic, Balkan style, e.g., Sinead O'Connor," noting, "outside the box ideas are welcomed. Could be someone from the music industry."

Also, a "Geek Chorus" consisting of "three teenage boys and one girl" are described to "meet to ritualistically retell the greatest Spider-Man stories."
              The USS Defiant Rocks!
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

An interesting little interview with Tobey Maguire. I like how they (the original cast) left the door open to comeback and do a Spiderman 4 movie.

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - He enjoys a reputation as an all-around good guy in Hollywood, but "Spider-Man" Tobey Maguire says it's more fun being bad in the latest sequel of the smash hit film series.

In "Spider-Man 3," based on the spider-like superhero of comic book fame, Maguire and movie director Sam Raimi show the dark side of the crime-fighter's alter ego, Peter Parker.

Raimi, who has long been a fan of the "Spider-Man" comics, said it was difficult to show his hero's dark side, but Maguire had an opposite reaction.

"I probably had the most fun doing those (bad Spidey) scenes," the star told reporters on Friday. "It's something I think is kind of unexpected since Peter Parker behaves in some of the ways he behaves."

"Spider-Man 3" debuts in theaters on May 4, kicking off Hollywood's lucrative summer season. The first "Spider-Man" movies combined to gross roughly $1.6 billion at global box offices, and No. 3 is expected to be a blockbuster, too.

For "Spider-Man 3," Raimi and the other filmmakers decided to show audiences that crime-fighting fame has gone to Spider-Man's head, and a proud Parker makes some rather dumb mistakes with his girlfriend, Mary Jane Watson.

Moreover, a meteorite crashes to Earth oozing a black liquid that clings to Parker, enhancing his superpower and causing him to do more harm than good in some cases.

"I want him to be a good person," said Raimi. "But when I take a grander view of it, I realize this is something he's got to go through so he can find his truest self. This is a part of himself that had never been explored, these feelings of darkness."

Never fear, Spidey fans. Even though he does some bad, the red-and-blue-suited superhero does plenty of good, too, as he tries to save humanity from new villains, Sandman and Venom.

"Spider-Man 3" received its world premiere earlier this week in Tokyo, and many questions have been asked about whether Maguire, Raimi and Kirsten Dunst, who plays Mary Jane Watson, would return for a fourth film.

In interviews on Friday, the consensus among the trio of key players was that they likely would if all three committed to the project. For now, however, nothing is in the works.

"I'm not really committed either way, and we'll see what happens," said Maguire.

Comment

new character tv spot video (spoilers of coarse)

http://www.themoviebox.net/movies/20...s/tvspot8.html

Spoiler:
                  ha eat that Venom will only show up 5 min before the end people

Comment

Originally posted by Sam fisher View Post
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OulXJ36lu5E

Holy moly, that fight scene is amazing!
                    Originally posted by kharn the betrayer View Post
                    new character tv spot video (spoilers of coarse)

http://www.themoviebox.net/movies/20...s/tvspot8.html

Spoiler:
                    ha eat that Venom will only show up 5 min before the end people
                    Woohoo!! Can't wait, thanks for links!
                    Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                    Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by USS Defiant View Post
                      I saw this while reading through some stuff the other day. I guess they are planning a new Spiderman musical where Bono and The Edge will help write lyrics to the songs. They have rehearsals in early July. I guess now is the time to send in those video resumes that all you budding Broadway actors and musicians have.

Spider-Man Musical to Take Gotham in Upcoming Reading
                      By Ernio Hernandez
                      16 Apr 2007

A reading of the new musical Spider-Man will take place in New York City July 12 and 13, Playbill.com has learned.

A casting notice reveals the "29-hour rehearsed reading" will begin rehearsals July 2 for the two-day event.

As previously reported, Julie Taymor will direct the forthcoming musical version of the Marvel Comics hero with music provided by Bono and The Edge of the band U2. According to the notice, Glen Berger — playwright of Underneath The Lintel and The Wooden Breeks — will join Taymor on the book. (Neil Jordan — of "The Crying Game" fame — had previously been attached.) Taymor consistent collaborator Matthias "Teese" Gohl ("Across The Universe," "Frida," "Titus") will serve as musical supervisor.

The comic giant Marvel Entertainment will share producing credits with Hello Entertainment/David Garfinkle and Martin McCallum.

Taymor made history in 1998 as the first female director to earn the Tony Award for Best Direction of a Musical for the Broadway musical The Lion King — albeit mere moments after Garry Hynes became the first woman to win a Tony Award for Direction (for The Beauty Queen of Leenane). She also earned the Tony for Best Costume Design that night as well. The multi-genre director has lined her resume with Broadway credits (Juan Darien and The Green Bird), film work ("Titus" and "Frida") as well as opera productions ("Oedipus Rex" and the Metropolitan Opera run of "The Magic Flute").

Among the roles being sought to fill are the young-man-turned-hero Peter Parker/Spider-Man ("male, late teens to early 20's...[with a] great pop/rock voice") and love-interest Mary Jane ("female, late teens to early 20's...[with a] great pop/rock voice") as well as villain Norman Osborn/Green Goblin and Daily Bugle publisher J. Jonah Jameson (both call for "male, 50s.")

The character breakdowns provide some insight to plot points as the character Arachne ("female, 20-35 years old, any ethnicity") is described as "a beautiful, boastful young woman turned into a spider for her hubris and lack of respect for the gods. She subsequently appears to Peter Parker and the audience as in turn a powerful spider-woman who comes from another time to inspire Peter; an otherworldly lover; a bride; a terrifying (and sexy) dark goddess of vengeance; a dance partner in a charged and violent spiders dance of death; and, finally, a lonely, fragile young woman." Casting is seeking a "strong Celtic, Balkan style, e.g., Sinead O'Connor," noting, "outside the box ideas are welcomed. Could be someone from the music industry."

Also, a "Geek Chorus" consisting of "three teenage boys and one girl" are described to "meet to ritualistically retell the greatest Spider-Man stories."
                      *twitch* *shudder*
                      There is nothing holy left in this world. I thought this comic was a joke, but now I'm in the same boat as the characters: I need antidepressants.
                      Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                      The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                      I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                      A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                      That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                      Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                      Caboose: They could be worse?
                      Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

I Just got my Midnight tickets to Spiderman 3 and I am so Happy
                        Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                        A Face you Can Trust
                        sigpic
                        So whats the worst that could happen?
                        Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                        It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                          I Just got my Midnight tickets to Spiderman 3 and I am so Happy
                          Sweet, I got tickets for a Friday noon showing of Spiderman III at the Sony Metreon which is playing the movie on there IMAX screen which is 75.6' x 97.9' in size.

If I didn't have to work so damn early I would do the Midnight showing myself.

Comment

I've seen it! Spiderman 3... the wait is finally over. Overall, it's a fitting end to a great trilogy of films. It took a while to get going and the last 30 minutes was what I think we all were waiting for.
                            The main strength of the film as I see it is the way it manages to incorporate Spidey with The Sandman, Venom and the New Goblin. The backstories, the individual arcs are very well woven together. The performances from all four were very good but Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane Watson seemed unconvincing as the love of Peter Parker's life.
                            If there is a weakness, it would be the dialogue. It lacked sparkle and at times felt somewhat hamfisted. It is to the credit of the actors that they overcame the rather stilted dialogue. In this franchise, I miss the witty banter of the comic book Spiderman and his adversaries, trading insults... making signature smartass remarks.

Ah well, we can't have everything... On the plus side, the film has a strong emotional quality resonating throughout that rings true.

Edit: I should add that the special effects are fantastic in this final installment. Much better than the first two. The Sandman and Venom in particular are fabulous.
                            sigpic
                            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
                              If there is a weakness, it would be the dialogue. It lacked sparkle and at times felt somewhat hamfisted. It is to the credit of the actors that they overcame the rather stilted dialogue. In this franchise, I miss the witty banter of the comic book Spiderman and his adversaries, trading insults... making signature smartass remarks.
                              I couldn't agree more Easter Lily, I thought the "stilted" dialogue was going to make me walk out the theater. Note: there are plenty of opportunites to get out of your seat and go to the bathroon or get some snacks. - Especially when Aunt May starts talking.
                              Originally posted by Easter Lily
                              Ah well, we can't have everything... On the plus side, the film has a strong emotional quality resonating throughout that rings true.

Edit: I should add that the special effects are fantastic in this final installment. Much better than the first two. The Sandman and Venom in particular are fabulous.
                              For me the special effects did save this movie. IMHO Spiderman III wasn't nearly as good as Spiderman II. They definetly took a step backwards and if they do make Spiderman IV they are going to have to go back to the Spiderman II formula.
                              The USS Defiant Rocks!
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

I Personally found SM2 rather overrated its a good movie but I dont think its as great as people hype it up to be

anyways I have a question about SM3

does Venom use his classic ''We are Venom'' line from the comics/Cartoon

or atleast say We instead of I and whatnot

oh and if they do a SM4 I want the Lizard and Kraven to be in it

they already have doc Connors in the movie so they wouldent need to introduce him and they could base kraven's story of off ''Kravens last hunt''
                                Last edited by kharn the betrayer; 03 May 2007, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X