The Spiderman Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kharn the betrayer View Post
    I Personally found SM2 rather overrated its a good movie but I dont think its as great as people hype it up to be

anyways I have a question about SM3

does Venom use his classic ''We are Venom'' line from the comics/Cartoon

or atleast say We instead of I and whatnot
    Not that I heard... But everything went pretty quickly towards to the end...

I liked Spiderman 2... I thought it was well-written and tightly made, probably the best in the franchise. But I find each one different and doing different things.
    sigpic
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Saw it last night - God, I love working at a cinema. There's so many perks - and I walked out and I was 50/50. So...spoilers head:

Spoiler:

I walked out thinking "Oh my God! That was so cool seeing that fight!". I absolutely loved seeing the Hob Goblin and Spiderman team up against Venom and Sandman. But from a media student POV it was "They tried to do too much." Seriously, they set their sights high and couldn't quite make it. They tried to pack so much into it. And then from fanboy POV...it was..."what was the point in that?". Seriously, the way that Venom was brought into the film was like..."meh".

If it had been connected to Peter or Jamerson like in the original comics or the Ultimate, it would have worked so much better. Gwen Stacy was pretty much pointless and Evil Peter just proved that emos are definately evil.
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

i cant wait to see the new one, i think it looks really good.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

I am going to the noon matinee this afternoon and I am pretty physced. I know the critics are lambasting it and even the fans are about 50/50 on whether they think it's any good. It's time to find out for myself.

I found this while browsing yahoo this morning. It contains extcerpts from a 60 Minutes interview with Stan Lee where he talks about the creation of Spiderman and the legacy in which it entails. Plus there some other cool Spiderman stuff. Check it out.

http://60minutes.yahoo.com/segment/64/stan_lee

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
            Saw it last night - God, I love working at a cinema. There's so many perks - and I walked out and I was 50/50. So...spoilers head:

Spoiler:

I walked out thinking "Oh my God! That was so cool seeing that fight!". I absolutely loved seeing the Hob Goblin and Spiderman team up against Venom and Sandman. But from a media student POV it was "They tried to do too much." Seriously, they set their sights high and couldn't quite make it. They tried to pack so much into it. And then from fanboy POV...it was..."what was the point in that?". Seriously, the way that Venom was brought into the film was like..."meh".

If it had been connected to Peter or Jamerson like in the original comics or the Ultimate, it would have worked so much better. Gwen Stacy was pretty much pointless and Evil Peter just proved that emos are definately evil.

Spoiler:
            Harry isnt the Hobgoblin he is the 2nd Green Goblin

as for Gwen im surprised they even bothered introducing her in the 3rd movie considering she should have been in the first movie and died in the first movie
            Last edited by kharn the betrayer; 04 May 2007, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Rant topics:
              Peter Parker as an Emo
              That last scene (after the funeral) WTF
              Gwen Stacy isn't dead- fatal continuity error

Fanboy OMG's:
              Venom talking = amazing
              symbiote + killer whale = holy f***ing s***! Coolest animal EVAR!
              Most inspired fight I have ever seen!
              Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
              The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
              I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
              A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
              That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
              Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
              Caboose: They could be worse?
              Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Gwen Stacy isn't dead- fatal continuity error
                how is it a ''fatal continuity error'' exactly? the movies arnt the comics and dont follow the comics continuity

though I think its stupid they waited to introduce her in the 3rd movie and not the 1st but its not a word for word comic adaption here (hence the fact Mary Jane being peters first love in the movies and not Gwen)

Venom talking = amazing
                as for Venom... while I didnt want him to be exactly like the comic book version ( I HATE the whole '' IM GOING TO EAT YOUR BRAINS!!!!!'' thing he does in the comics) but he had to little screen time(and development) and felt more like a toned down Black Carnage than Venom to me...

and the way he was defeated...blah -_-

but onto the Good...

-I liked Harry alot in this movie
                Spoiler:
                shame he died though... and he died like his father did... getting himself impaled by his own glider

-the Bruce Campbell cameo ruled

-sandmans birth was amazingly well done

-Emo peter was funny as hell

-Venoms Birth was pretty nostalgic despite the fact I dont think he was handled that well and I enjoyed Topher as Eddie Jr
                Last edited by kharn the betrayer; 05 May 2007, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kharn the betrayer View Post
                  how is it a ''fatal continuity error'' exactly? the movies arnt the comics and dont follow the comics continuity

though I think its stupid they waited to introduce her in the 3rd movie and not the 1st but its not a word for word comic adaption here (hence the fact Mary Jane being peters first love in the movies and not Gwen)

as for Venom... while I didnt want him to be exactly like the comic book version ( I HATE the whole '' IM GOING TO EAT YOUR BRAINS!!!!!'' thing he does in the comics) but he had to little screen time(and development) and felt more like a toned down Black Carnage than Venom to me...

and the way he was defeated...blah -_-

but onto the Good...

-I liked Harry alot in this movie
                  Spoiler:
                  shame he died though... and he died like his father did... getting himself impaled by his own glider

-the Bruce Campbell cameo ruled

-sandmans birth was amazingly well done

-Emo peter was funny as hell

-Venoms Birth was pretty nostalgic despite the fact I dont think he was handled that well and I enjoyed Topher as Eddie Jr
                  The animation of venom talking was amazing.
                  I liked Stan Lee's cameo because he was on screen long enough to say OMFG.
                  Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                  A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                  That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                  Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                  Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

Comment

shame Venom took his mask off way to much... but overall I did like his design (expecially when compaired to his current comic design... blah I like venom but his muscle mass is just getting out of control)

the CGI in this movie was great though (expecially when it comes to Sandman who's cgi was downright amazing)

hell sandman surprised me as I found his actor to be one of the better ones in this movie

Comment

James Franco was spectacular.
                      Spoiler:
                      But Tobey Maguire crying at the end was kind of funny looking. It sapped the mood of Harry's death.
                      Last edited by Exiled Master; 05 May 2007, 10:03 PM.

Comment

you might want to put that in spoiler tags as not every one has seen the movie >_>

Comment

Here's a question.
                          Spoiler:
                          Did Harry use different sized grenades? The explosion that killed Venom seemed much larger than the one that scarred Harry. Considering the fact that the Venom killing grenade also vaporized Eddie Brock if he didn't use variable yield or different sized grenades than Harry should have died when Peter threw the grenade at him, especially considering the fact that he was sitting in a bunch of them.
                          All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                            Here's a question.
                            Spoiler:
                            Did Harry use different sized grenades? The explosion that killed Venom seemed much larger than the one that scarred Harry. Considering the fact that the Venom killing grenade also vaporized Eddie Brock if he didn't use variable yield or different sized grenades than Harry should have died when Peter threw the grenade at him, especially considering the fact that he was sitting in a bunch of them.

Spoiler:

1)Venom is weak to 2 things Fire and Sound... when the pumpkin bomb goes off it makes lots of both

2)Harry is super human thanks to the GG formula and has advanced regeneration and toughness
                            plus Eddie pretty much just jumped back on the symbiote when the bomb went off

3)Norman used a special pumpkin bomb in the original spider-man to incinerate a bunch of board members so it could be a more powerful version of that thing

4)Venoms death was realy realy lame but I wouldent be surprised if they brought him back because of fan demand... (he was only in the damn movie in the first place as Rami was basicly forced to put him in)

Comment

I'll probably end up seeing this one tomorrow. I can't wait.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I was pretty disappointed. There were some really great moments, but they didn't hold together. Venom had no business being in this movie. He's a great character, but if he's not the focus of the story, then you can't do him justice.

Comment

Working...
                                X