The Spiderman Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
    Yeah, it was visually stunning. No doubt about that.
    Yes, the Spiderman movies usually are.

Comment

Originally posted by Ksya View Post
      Yes, the Spiderman movies usually are.
      I am fully expecting this fourth installment to continue that trend.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
        im sure leading up to the casting that there will be a casting rumor saying "Megan Fox cast as Black Cat", after all these a "Megan Fox cast as female hot/kick ass Character" almost every month.
        Ugh, no. She may be "pretty" but her acting skills leave a lot to be desired.

I honestly think Elisha Cuthbert could pull it off:

Spoiler:

Just don't make her wear a white wig or anything like that.
        sigpic
        "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
        DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post

How else do you propose they make her hair white?
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            How else do you propose they make her hair white?
            Dye it, I guess. Or just let her keep it blonde (it was like that in the '90s cartoon).
            sigpic
            "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
            DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Michael Papajohn Returning for Spider-Man 4?

Scooper 'Cassassin' sent us the following note today about Spider-Man actor Michael Papajohn:

During a Q&A with Ted Raimi and Michael Papajohn at Wizard World Philadelphia today, Papajohn (aka the carjacker/original killer of Uncle Ben from the Spider-Man films) said that he would be reprising his role for Spider-Man 4. He then proceeded to say if he told us what his role entailed, he'd have to kill us.

If this will indeed happen, it will be interesting to see why they still need to show the character in another film considering what happened in the third installment.

Spider-Man 4 is scheduled for a May 6, 2011 release.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/sp...ws.php?id=8447

Comment

Yeah, I also wonder why they would need him back after what was revealed in the last film.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Seabiscuit writer to redraft Spider-Man 4

When last we spoke with Spider-Man 4 director Sam Raimi, he was just about to read the latest draft of the script, by Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright David Lindsay-Abaire.

Well, guess he didn't like it that much: News has broken that Seabiscuit writer/director Gary Ross has been brought on board to do a rewrite, according to The Hollywood Reporter:

Sam Raimi and Tobey Maguire are back as director and star, respectively, as are series producers Laura Ziskin and Avi Arad. ...

The move also puts Ross back to work with Maguire, with whom he worked on his directorial vehicles Pleasantville and Seabiscuit. The two were also working on Tokyo Suckerpunch, a drama set up at Columbia; that project is now on hold as Ross tackles another writing project, Columbia's Lance Armstrong biopic.
                  James Vanderbilt (Zodiac) also reportedly worked on the script.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/07/seabisc...er-to-redr.php

Comment

Back to the drawing board, I guess.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      Yeah, I also wonder why they would need him back after what was revealed in the last film.
                      seems pretty obvious to me, parker is overwhelmed by the guilt of killing him, when he now knows that he didn't kill uncle ben, so he haunts his nightmares!! muhahaha
                      Spoiler:
                      Disclaimer:
                      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                      Quotes!
                      - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                      - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post
                        Ugh, no. She may be "pretty" but her acting skills leave a lot to be desired.

I honestly think Elisha Cuthbert could pull it off:

Spoiler:

I totally agree!

Comment

Writer hired for Spider-Man 5 and 6

Spider-Man 4 is eyeing a production start early next year, and Sony Pictures has already hired screenwriter James Vanderbilt to draft chapters five and six, Variety reported.

Vanderbilt was the first writer on Spider-Man 4; director Sam Raimi brought on "Rabbit Hole" playwright David Lindsay-Abaire to rewrite him, and Gary Ross is now rewriting that script. Spider-Man 4 is aiming for a May 2011 release.

Here's what the trade paper reported:

Raimi didn't embrace all of Vanderbilt's ideas, but execs at Columbia Pictures and Marvel Studios have. Vanderbilt has been hired to pen the fifth and sixth movies, which have an interconnected storyline. That's what was originally discussed when Vanderbilt signed on to write Spider-Man 4, but the idea of shooting a fourth and fifth film back to back with the original cast was scrapped.

Sources said it was unclear whether Raimi, Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst will be back. If they aren't, Vanderbilt's script would be the blueprint for a franchise reboot.

After committing to his fourth Spider-Man film, Raimi signed on to direct a new franchise based on the massively multiplayer role-playing online computer game World of Warcraft for Legendary Pictures and Warner Bros.
                          http://scifiwire.com/2009/08/writer-...r-spider-m.php

Comment

Honestly, I don't want a reboot of this franchise. At least I should enjoy 4. Anything after that though, if Raimi and Maguire aren't involved, I just don't know.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Bigger Part for Bruce Campbell in Spider-Man 4?

At the premiere for Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs on Saturday, Bruce Campbell told Access Hollywood that Spider-Man 4 will start shooting in January 2010 and that he'll have a larger part:

The actor, who has a long relationship with director Sam Raimi via his lead role in the "Evil Dead" trilogy, made memorable cameos in the first three "Spider-Man" films.

However, he may have a bigger role this time around. Bruce told Access that in the next installment in the superhero franchise, he’s been told he has a major part – but didn’t yet know anything about his character.

Columbia Pictures has scheduled the fourth installment for a May 6, 2011 release.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=59077

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                                Bigger Part for Bruce Campbell in Spider-Man 4?

At the premiere for Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs on Saturday, Bruce Campbell told Access Hollywood that Spider-Man 4 will start shooting in January 2010 and that he'll have a larger part:

The actor, who has a long relationship with director Sam Raimi via his lead role in the "Evil Dead" trilogy, made memorable cameos in the first three "Spider-Man" films.

However, he may have a bigger role this time around. Bruce told Access that in the next installment in the superhero franchise, he’s been told he has a major part – but didn’t yet know anything about his character.

Columbia Pictures has scheduled the fourth installment for a May 6, 2011 release.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=59077
                                That certainly works for me. I think Bruce Campbell is great. I really hope he has a larger role.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X