No announcement yet.

The Spiderman Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overall, I really enjoyed the film. There were a few things I would have liked to have seen handled differently, but oh well. I think this was a fine addition to the other two Spiderman movies.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Holy Cow, Spiderman III is tearing it up (read below). Personally I thought the movie was decent but rather boring, a lot like the original Spiderman movie. They could have easily cut about 30 minutes of diologue out, especially when Auntie May talks.

I guess they are already working on the next Spiderman script. The question whether Toby comes back to play Spidey again.

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Spider-Man has lost none of his bite, setting box office records around the world in his third crimefighting salvo.

All told, "Spider-Man 3" has sold an estimated $375 million worth of tickets worldwide, since opening internationally on May 1, distributor Columbia Pictures said on Sunday.

That is the highest opening since "Stars Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith" opened to $254 million in 2005, the Sony Corp (NYSE: SNE - news).-owned studio said.

In North America, the film earned $148 million since launching on Friday, smashing the opening-weekend of $135.6 million set last July by Walt Disney Co.'s "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest."

The film also set a single-day record with Friday sales of $59.3 million, beating the $55.8 million record also held by the "Pirates" sequel.

The international portion -- $227 million from 107 markets -- beats the $155 million opening record set last year by Sony's
      Vatican thriller "The Da Vinci Code," the studio said.

"I don't think that my brain went to this place. It's pretty wonderful," said Amy Pascal, co-chairman of Sony Pictures Entertainment.

WORLDWIDE EVENT

The studio said "Spider-Man 3" cost $258 million to produce, with sources estimating that prints and advertising adding about $125 million to the bill. The box office pot is split roughly between the studio and movie theater owners, according to a complex formula.

In a bid to create simultaneous worldwide buzz, Columbia started rolling out the film across Asia and Europe on Tuesday, and added markets as the week progressed. Britain and North America were among the last to get the movie.

Noting constant criticisms about Hollywood's ever-increasing budgets, Sony Pictures vice chairman Jeff Blake said the answer was to "find a way to raise the bar on box office (sales), and I think what we've done here on the worldwide opening -- getting figures that people have never seen before -- is the only way you can do it."

The film set opening-weekend records in more than two dozen countries, including Japan,
      South Korea, China, Russia, Italy, Mexico and Brazil, Columbia said.

Weekend sales in Japan -- where the film had its world premiere last month -- totaled $26.5 million, followed by Britain with $23 million and France with $22 million.

As with its predecessors, "Spider-Man 3" stars
      Tobey Maguire as both the titular crimefighter and as earnest newshound Peter Parker, and
      Kirsten Dunst as his disenchanted girlfriend, Mary Jane.
      Sam Raimi directs.

Spider-Man gets to explore his dark side, thanks to some extraterrestrial black goo that infects his personality, and to combat three villains, played by series veteran, James Franco and newcomers,Thomas Haden Church and Topher Grace. His nerdy alter ego must also fight to keep Mary Jane.

The multi-strand plot frustrated some critics, but Pascal said it was key to keeping the franchise fresh.

"Spider-Man always appeals to boys, but I think this particular story also appealed to women and it appealed to families, in a way that the last one didn't," she said.

Columbia said exit polling in North America indicated that the audience was 54 percent male, while 63 percent of moviegoers were under 25 years old.

The first "Spider-Man," in 2002, started off with a then-record $114.8 million, and finished with $403.7 million. Two years later, "Spider-Man 2" totaled $373 million; it opened on a Wednesday, making weekend comparisons difficult. Pascal said she hoped to hit $400 million with the new film.

A script for "Spider-Man 4" is being written, but no talent deals have been signed. "We're making ... as many (films) as I can do," Pascal said.

Comment

Tycho wrote a bit on the problem with rushing games to coincide with movie releases.
        Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
        The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
        I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
        A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
        That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
        Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
        Caboose: They could be worse?
        Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by kharn the betrayer View Post
          -I liked Harry alot in this movie
          Spoiler:
          shame he died though... and he died like his father did... getting himself impaled by his own glider
          Spoiler:
          It was a good death though... Unlike his father, he chose to set aside his own selfish desires to help his friends. In that way, he was a better man than his father was.

Yeah, James Franco was terrific in this installment.
          sigpic
          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
            Spoiler:
            It was a good death though... Unlike his father, he chose to set aside his own selfish desires to help his friends. In that way, he was a better man than his father was.

Yeah, James Franco was terrific in this installment.
            Harry was a better man than his father was even in the comics

Spoiler:
            also even in the comics Harry was always tragic
            harry in the 616 universe(the main comic line) as he died said he always considered Peter his best freind even after he found out he was spider-man and tried to kill him

and then there is the Ultimate story line which is even more so as his Father not only is an evil ******* and abused his wife and son(and ended up killing his wife and nearly killing Harry) but he also brain washed Harry and messed with his genetics to turn him into a mutated monster which wanted Peter to kill him and Norman even tried to black mail Peter into helping him by threatning his freinds/family

any ways for the Next movie(if they make one) It would be nice if they introduced the Black Cat

Comment

I finally got around to viewing Spiderman III yesterday. I went into it kind of skewed by the bad reviews and mediocre hype. Some of the dialogue was rather lengthy and there were plenty of opportunities to take a bathroom break. But over-all I enjoyed the experience. The special effects were amazing and Tropher Grace was excellent.

I would rank the three Spiderman movies as such .....
              1) Spiderman II
              2) Spiderman III
              3) Spiderman

How would you guy's and gal's rank them?.
              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
              Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
                I would rank the three Spiderman movies as such .....
                1) Spiderman II
                2) Spiderman III
                3) Spiderman

How would you guy's and gal's rank them?.
                I would rank them exactly the same way Fifth Race. Spiderman II was such a joy to watch. The diologue and action sequences were so well put together, it just had a perfect flow to it. Where as the Original Spiderman Movie and Spiderman III seem dis-jointed and both go over-board on the boring talk scenes that seem to go on forever. Both of those movies could have cut out 30+ minutes of diologue, which IMHO would have made them much better.

What I want to know is - Do you think they should bring back the same tired bunch of actors to play the same parts, or should they replace Tobey and Kirsten?. Personally I would have no problem if they made a change.

Comment

Kirsten needs to go IMO

I always hated her as Mary Jane every since I saw the original

Comment

Originally posted by kharn the betrayer View Post
                    Kirsten needs to go IMO

I always hated her as Mary Jane every since I saw the original
                    As much as I loved her in the original Spiderman - I have to agree, it might be time to replace Kirsten, she seemed bored in Spiderman II and especially Spiderman III.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase View Post
                      As much as I loved her in the original Spiderman - I have to agree, it might be time to replace Kirsten, she seemed bored in Spiderman II and especially Spiderman III.
                      But who to replace her? I mean, between her decreased interest in the part and stuff like this, she has to go.
                      Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                      The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                      I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                      A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                      That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                      Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                      Caboose: They could be worse?
                      Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

This new game looks interesting. I like how they based this particular game on the comic book version of Spiderman.

http://us.i1.yimg.com/videogames.yah...to-nyc/1204746

Comment

why does noone in this thread spell spider-man correctly?

what villians do people want, or think would work well in a spider-man 4 anyway?
                          Spoiler:
                          Disclaimer:
                          I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                          Quotes!
                          - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                          - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                          - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                          sigpic

Comment

I loved the 1994 Cartoon

Comment

Marvel pushes back 'Thor', 'Avengers'
                              Friday, March 13 2009, 06:10 GMT

By Simon Reynolds, Movies Editor

Marvel has delayed its superhero blockbusters Thor and The Avengers by a year, says The Hollywood Reporter.

Thor's new release date is June 17, 2011, moved from July 16, 2010, while The Avengers is now on course for a May 4, 2012 arrival having been originally planned for July 15, 2011.

Marvel Studios chairman David Maisel said that the change of dates are in order to space out the release of their solo superhero movies before uniting the characters for ensemble film The Avengers.

"[It] maximizes the visibility of our single-character-focused films, leading to the highly anticipated release of the multi-character The Avengers film in 2012," he explained.

Initial plans would have seen two Marvel movies out in 2010 (Iron Man 2 and Thor) and three the following year (The First Avenger: Captain America, Spider-Man 4 and The Avengers).

Captain America has also been shifted back two months to July 22, 2011, with Spider-Man 4 slotting into its old May 6 release date.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...-avengers.html

Comment

Hey guys, I love Spiderman, he's my favorite superhero

I think that I would rank them
                                1)Spiderman II
                                2)Spiderman III
                                3)Spiderman

Everyone says that Spiderman III is horrible, but I like it.

Comment

Working...
                                X