Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi joe,

I was wondering; will the F-302 go through any upgrades to better counter wraith darts and any other new threats? i was thinkin maybe decent shields, rail guns implemented into the fuselage (that would be sweet), and/or an enclosed munitions bay underneath like the F-22 that could hold more stuff without exposing them outside of the craft

thanks
    -col. willy
    Those who know the truth must rise up boldly and be a light into the darkness, if the truth bearers stay quiet, then the lost are already gone.

Comment

Hey Joe,

I remember towards the beginning of last season Pete DeLuise said in an article that the team designations on Atlantis were AR-1, AR-2, AR-3, etc. standing for Atlantis Reconnaissance. Is that what the writers are calling them or was that just what he was calling them?
      ...Stargate is not about the angry nerd.

-David Hewlett,
      Gateworld Podcast Episode #8

Comment

Hi Joe--

Loved Vala in the premier, but that outfit... geesh! I hope we see her again in the second half of the season--any chance of that?

Also-- why hasn't poor Paul Davis been promoted yet?

Dana Jeanne
        Click here for the latest news on Michael Shanks

Michael Shanks Online

Daniel Fanfic Archive ~ My SG-1 Scribbles ~ My Pros Scribbles

Comment

Hi Joe

I recently came across article where it was mention that woman by the name of Ruby Moon-Houldson had written an episode for Atlantis can you tell us which episode this is.

http://www.dailycitizen.com/articles.../news/moon.txt

“Ruby Moon-Houldson, Linton's hometown girl, continues making a name in the literary and television world.

In addition to conferring with MGM Studios regarding the "Stargate Atlantis" series, which is in its second season, she recently co-wrote an episode for the program that will air the last of July.

"I met a lot of people (while in Hollywood)," Moon-Houldson said, "and received several offers to write for other shows, but I haven't allowed myself to be committed to anything definite." “
          "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

A question about the ZPM from Siege Pt.3
            How charged was the ZPM, did the trip to Pegasus drain alot of power?,
            because a couple of days powering in the sheild doesn't sound like alot compared to how powerfull the ZPMs have been built up to be in the series.

I know that there were of ships(10 hiveships and 45 cruisers and 10,000+ darts) but only a couple of days seems alittle short for a powersource that when bobbytrapped could blow up the inner solarsystem
            sigpic

Comment

Got info on Stronghold. This seems to be a Mitchell episode. But, will the other three (all of them) play active roles in the episode? Meaning no one will spend the majority of the episode just standing around or having a bare minimum of lines?
              I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

hi, joe,

please bear with me a moment...

i think about the ep moebius sometimes. i think the only thing that didn't sit right with me was that sam, jack, and teal'c died. now, i know the alternates fixed the timeline so that sg1 one didn't have to go back in time. again. but... i can't stand that thought that everyone but daniel (and i'd like to know how daniel got the get-out-of-death free card) died. with sam being my fave character, i keep thinking about how many things she'd been through over the years (with the most recent being the death of her father), and that her last months were basically miserable. and her life ended, by being executed.

so my question (finally) - did you guys ever consider just having sam, jack, and teal'c missing/lost? like, just having them caught in a raid by the jaffas (for slaves and/or hosts), and daniel not knowing what happened to them? it would have left it up to the fans imaginations to wonder if they were alive or dead.

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Joe - perhaps TPTB missed the memo but the whole pete scenario did not go over well, especially with many fans OF Sam Carter (those that actually like the character) and this is not in reference to the S/J stuff, it is in reference to her behaviour which was so out of character from Chimera (whole 2nd half) to Affinity (think last scene) and beyond so why, after all of the negative reaction/feedback regarding Carter's so out of character behaviour with this guy, would TPTB even consider having a scene in Stronghold that unburies this unfortunate aspect of the character?

As always, thanks for your time.
                  Last edited by binkpmmc; 22 July 2005, 04:29 AM.

Comment

You guys better let us meet cool new races in Atlantis . Humans who use hydrogen as a power source would be awesomeo. Hydrogen is the future!

I like donuts and good rep . P.S. If you send me good rep, I send it back . If you send me Donuts...I'll...umm...*Silence*

Comment

Hi Joe!

Aloha and a big hello from the (perpetually humid) island of Singapore! Great to read that you're starting on Babylon 5, a classic hit in every sense of space opera. Wait till you get to season 3 (that's when all the plot threads that were laid down in season 1 and 2 come to fruition). Anyhow, I just wanted to ask a big question that was probably passed around in some of the other Gateworld forum topics. How much do the Tok'Ra know about Earth's efforts on the Atlantis expedition team and will they want to become a part of the efforts at researching and unearthing the secrets of Atlantis in a way that the Asgard have?

Steve
                      McKAY: Well, you wouldn’t know that from this, would you? This might as well say, “Bing tiddle tiddle bong.” It’s complete gibberish!

Comment

Hey Joe Ijust want ask what the timeline for Avalon 1 pertaining to Atlantis does it take place after Siege 2 or after the epsode Intruder.

Comment

Not sure if this one was asked before, but I was curious as to who does the voice for Hermiod?

-Bloodaxe

Comment

Joe,

Please can you tell me why there wasn't a better parental advisory for Avalon 2? My five year old watched Vala burnt to death tonight and it's a little hard to explain to her. I would never say that I am an overly sensitive parent (it usually takes a lot for me to go Whoa!) but this was so overly graphic that I felt I needed to write.

She loves Stargate SG-1 - it's her favorite "grown-up" show on tv and now she's very traumatized.

Can you work with Sci-Fi to do a better job on that?

Thanks
                            Lynn

My SG-1 fic http://www.fanfiction.net/~lynnmichelle

Comment

Hi Joe,

After watching both Siege 3 and Avalon 1, I was again reminded of something I've been noticing for a while, which is that quite often the directing/camera work on Atlantis seems (to me) rather different to that on SG. I realise the same camera crew and directors work on both shows, but they still seem a little different. Atlantis seems to love its crane shots and its steady cam and just generally seems to experiment a little more (in the editing too). SG on the other hand has always seemed a little more conservative in its style (though both shows are obviously very professionally shot & put together).

So my question is, is this a conscious creative decision about the two shows or perhaps a product of Atlantis' larger set...or am I just totally imagining it?

Also just wanted to say that out of all the new characters, Colonel Caldwell left the biggest impression on me. I mean, he was just all over that chair! () Not even Hammond sat in it (well, Prometheus' version) with the same...gravity. I really believed he could command the biggest, baddest ship in earth's fleet from that chair .

Comment

Just finished watching Avalon Part 2. Can't we PLEASE keep Vala? PLEASE!!!! She and Daniel together practically explode right off the screen. Wow :-)
                                Dana Jeanne
                                Click here for the latest news on Michael Shanks

Michael Shanks Online

Daniel Fanfic Archive ~ My SG-1 Scribbles ~ My Pros Scribbles

Comment

Working...
                                X