Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Livi2Jack
    So, to continue the ratings query... there are other venues besides Sci Fi channel, such as the ones abroad...I wonder how they weigh the viewership results between each. And I wonder if they consider in the decision mix the potential for syndication everywhere or do they not really consider the syndication value when making more shows considering how many they already have? It would seem that whether they are losing money depends on more factors than just the first run base numbers.
    Look at Family Guy, a series that didn't perform particularly well in the ratings but ended up doing so well on DVD that they brought it back.

Comment

[QUOTE=binkpmmc]
      Originally posted by JMallozzi

Joe - in keeping with the one question per post rule:

I assume that by your statement and the definition of resume, we will see Carter resume her duties in her position as leader of SG1. Correct?

Thanks.
      One would assume so.

Comment

Lexa was our first and only choice for the role.

Originally posted by Olli
        Hi Joe,

I don't know if you have answered this question previous. If you have sorry for repeating it.

How many actresses were casted for the part of Dr. Lam and were there any other international known actresses like Lexa Diog?

Comment

Originally posted by SueS
          Besides being the daughter of General Landry and having a romantic past with Col. Mitchell is there any other interesting factoids you can tell us about Dr. Lam?

SueS
          A romantic past with Mitchell? Reeeaally? Tell me more.

Comment

Originally posted by belgian
            wil Michael Shanks be in the siege part 3 ?
            Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by BackStageJim
              How goes the ice cream? Once in the lab we made it with liq-nitro in bout 5 seconds. Made a mess but was worth the work!

You said Peanut Butter in one post. Do you have a secret to keep the quality of the PJ hard but still soft enough to mix in the final porcess. Mine ends up being so hard it's more like frozen carmel.
              I had a couple of shots of Galliano or a similar liqueur to the mix before freezing. Keeps it from hardening too much.

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
                This question is to clear up a thread gone nasty.

The thread is about Asgard tech. vs. Tollan tech.

My question to you. Is the Asgard far more advanced then the Tollan?
                Yup.

Comment

[QUOTE=JMallozzi]
                  Originally posted by binkpmmc

One would assume so.
                  Thanks for stopping by.

It was a mistake on my part to use the word "assume" so let me rephrase the question in light of your "resume her duties" quote and the TV Guide quote, "and Farscape hunk Ben Browder, whose Lt. Col. Cameron Mitchell will lead the SG-1 team":

Who, Mitchell or Carter, will lead SG1 after Carter returns to/rejoins SG1?

Thanks.
                  Last edited by binkpmmc; 05 July 2005, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Hey Joe,

Just wanted to say a big thank you to you and Paul for autographing my copy of "Moebius" pt 2. That was an incredibly nice surprize, and I will treasure it. Please tell Paul thank you for me too. I hope you both find continued success in everything you do!

Nathan Flaminio

Sorry for taking this off-topic.

2004 Get in the Gate Winner

The less often a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.

Comment

Hi Joe, here's another few quick questions for you!

1) Back when season 9 was still in planning, it was suggested that Colonel Chekov might play a larger role in the running of the SGC. Will there be any appearances by Garry Chalk this season?

<snip>

Many thanks for taking the time to answer our questions. We really do appreciate it!
                      Last edited by Skydiver; 05 July 2005, 04:29 AM. Reason: too many questions
                      Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
                        A romantic past with Mitchell? Reeeaally? Tell me more.

No, no, no. You've got it all wrong. You're suppose to tell ME all about it.

Okay, very well, this is what I've heard. Took me awhile to dig this all up, but apparently someone who had gone to the Stargate Creation con in Vancouver, back in April, said that one of the spoilers she had heard was that Mitchell and Dr. Lam "have a romantic history". Also, in the latest Stargate magazine (July/Aug 2005) in an article on Lexa/Dr. Lam it says "Does this mean sparks will fly on screen between Drs. Jackson and Lam? Actually, Stargate SG-1 Magazine has learned that Doig's character will catch the eye Cameron Mitchell (Ben Browder)."

Okay, one source seems to suggest Mitchell and Lam have a romantic past, and the other seems to suggest they might have a romantic future, but apparently there is some info floating around out there that suggests Lam and Mitchell have a romantic past or future. However, they both seem to contradict Robert Cooper's Cult Times Interview where he said "shippers may be a little disappointed with S9 because there isn't much of tht kind of thing going on." I mean, why write the characters of Lam and Mitchell as having a romantic past or future, if there won't be much of that going on.

So, now I'm wondering, was the idea of a romantic connection between Mitchell and Lam something that had been considered and then dropped, or will this still be part of the character?

SueS

Comment

With the current Hollywood stunt of killing off recurring characters, will SG follow suit? We just lost Jacob/Selmak ... another would be too soon.
                          The very young, do not always do what they are told.

"To me, my board" - Silver Surfer

Comment

Just a quick question about the size of the Goa'uld fleet, how big is it, I've seen estimations that at it at 100 motherships and estimations that put it at 1000 motherships.

Whats your opinion?
                            sigpic

Comment

Hey, Joe.

New question. I always liked how there were different Goa'uld and we actually got to know them a little. SG-1 always got personal, be it with Apophis, Ba'al or Anubis. On Atlantis, the Wraith have no different characters, they're just "the Wraith", and in my opinion that's one of the biggest flaws of SG Atlantis. You can probably see this question coming, but will the Ori have actual characters like Apophis or will they be more like the Wraith?

Comment

Hey Joe . I have a question about Season 1, Tin Man . In the episode it says that the remaining Altairans had been in that robot form for over 11,000 years. How did humans get there and become that advanced that long ago? I don't believe the Goa'uld had even found Earth yet.

I like donuts and good rep . P.S. If you send me good rep, I send it back . If you send me Donuts...I'll...umm...*Silence*

Comment

Working...
                                X