Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was the reason for switching SG-1's wormhole from the Milky Way Galaxy version to Pegasus Galaxy version?

Thanks

Comment

Hey, Joe...

Are there any plans to see Wallace Shawn (Arlos) or Maury Chaykin (Nerus) in Season Ten?? These guys were both fantastic, and would make fabulous reoccurring characters.

Comment

Hi Joe, I'm loving the show this season, love the new direction and the new characters. I must admit that by the end of last season I was on the point of giving up on SG1, but then I heard about BB & CB coming on board and read a few spoilers and decided to give it a try and I'm really glad I did.
        One of the main things I'm really loving this season is Daniel. I've never been much of a Daniel fan before and have positively disliked him at various times, but I think Daniel this season is facinating. It seems to me that he's darker and has more of an edge to him. It's like we're seeing the results of the previous 10 years of loss and fighting and dying (and dying and dying :g. To me it feels like he's gone through all he's gone through, was about to get some sort of reward by going to Atlantis then had that taken away from him and he's got thrown back into the frey again with an even worse "bad guy" and something's snapped.
        He's cranky, has less patience and is less willing to be understanding. Not so much of Mr Nice Guy.
        This seems to me to be a much more realistic portrayel of the character than if he'd just been shown to be carrying on as normal. I'm not saying that I think he's "gone bad", just that he's almost reached the end of his tether and it shows.

Ok, so my question (at last), Is this something that the writers and MS consciously set out to do with Daniel this season, to make him a bit edgier and a bit darker? Or did it just come out of the writing and story that's being told? Or am I just 3 fries short and seeing something that isn't there

Whatever it is, I'm really enjoying it and looking forward to seeing where you take him (and the show) in the rest of the season and in S10.

Comment

Dear Joe,

A racoon or an armadillo!
          Come on, Teal'c is light years away from home, an alien kept in the SGC with only the odd passing affair to keep him sane, the poor chap needs a pet. Obviously the small blonde caterpiller on his chin for half a season a few years ago was a cry for help that has been ignored by the PTB. At the very least a skunk died purple that he keeps in his backpack should be considered, Daniel has fish after all. Can you give Teal'c something to care about please?

Comment

Hey Joe,

Does Earth have any puddle jumpers from the Moebius incident? Or are they all buried or destroyed?

Ace
            "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Is Vala supposed to be a regular in season 10 or just recurring?

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave
                Is Vala supposed to be a regular in season 10 or just recurring?
                Good question.

Vala seems like the weird relative who comes to visit. You'd get used to her if she was there all the time, but it's fun to see what happens when she's around so you want her around pretty often. I'm very interested in where her storyline goes in season 10, especially with her experience with the Ori.

I don't suppose we could have a few hints as to how involved she will be?

Lt. Colonel Jason Richardson/Major Jen Stevens Shipper
                Lt. Colonel Jim Anderson/Major Kate Howard Shipper

"Tir gan teanga, tir gan anam." -Gaelic Proverb
                (A country without a language, a country without a soul.)

~RockinHobbit (MySpace)

Comment

[QUOTE=JMallozzi]
                  Originally posted by Gilder

Granted, it could be one of those alien furry armadillos.

Does this mean you get a co-story credit?
                  Well, gee, if you're offering credit...

How about a racadillo? Or an armadoon? Furry, striped, shaped like a cross between a football and a tank, with a long whip of a tail?

Ya know, I can get my hands on fuzzy armadillo stuffed toys at several places around San Antonio. Your props department has but to ask...

EDIT 21 Nov: Further discussion in the "Ask Joe -- Discussion" thread. gam
                  Last edited by Gilder; 21 November 2005, 08:27 AM.
                  Gilder

You can contact me through my GW Forums profile (email preferred) or on Facebook.

www.chimaeracon.com

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
                    The actors will give us a heads up if they want to change their appearance (ie. Teal'c's blond soul patch).
                    Which reminds me, what didn't TPTB like about braids for Teal'c? I saw Chris at Barcelona in Jan. 2004, thought the braids looked perfect for Teal'c.
                    Gilder

You can contact me through my GW Forums profile (email preferred) or on Facebook.

www.chimaeracon.com

Comment

What story-based factors contributed to the decision of bringing Vala on as a full-timer as opposed to recurring character?
                      Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Joe,
                        Will the Sam and Jack issue ever be answered?
                        PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE!
                        Thank you

"We were a team...no one could even begin to understand what we went through together… What we mean to each other.” Samantha Carter

Comment

Do you have a end of the season, for both shows, party, when filming is finish?

Comment

Joe,

Ever consider having an episode entirely from the enemy's point of view?

Comment

Hello, Mr. Mallozzi! I hope you're doing wonderful today

My question is this:

Is it possible that we might see more Prototypes like Khalek in Season 10? It would be amazing to see Neil Jackson come back for an encore!

Comment

Is there anyway that the awesome and extreamly talented, Jolene Blalock, can be a regular in season ten? Ishta Rocks!

Thanks a bunch,
                                Christine

Comment

Working...
                                X