Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i say no because devlin hates that they even made a show, and has no respect for it. i doubt he even watched a single episode, just goes by hearsay. in the comentary for the original film he says that they "killed feretti" in the show and they had big plans for him in their next movie. they didn't kill feretti.

i don't like his attitude towards stargate because he's become so bitter about mgm allowing the tv show to be made when they wanted to make more films.

it would screw around too much with whats known of stargate now because he would either completely ignore the tv show or if he had to incorporate the canon of the tv show for some reason he'd totally screw us over. i don't either senario is all that great.

having said that, i don't have all that much faith in BW and RCC to make a great film either right now.

Comment

This would not be good.

No No No No No

Lets leave TPTB and Brad Wright to make our stargate shows and movies.

none of this devlin guy.
      He doesnt sound nice.
      And he would screw the show over and then id be mad adn then somebody would get hurt.

devlin(above) me(above as mckay)
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by prion
        I honestly think that movie audiences would recognize Kurt Russell quicker than RDA (don't shoot me!.... he's been doing movies for ages while RDA is a TV actor (which is NOT an insult, my fav actors stay on TV
        I didn't start watching SG-1 until season 9. One of my main reasons was that "Kurt Russell is the only Jack O'Neil I know."

And of course, I was right. RDA plays O'Neill. Two "L's."

Anyway, as curious as I am as a sci-fi fan and a writer to see Devlin's original trilogy come to fruition, I'm more concerned with the effects to MGM and SG-1. SG-1 built on the Stargate mythos so much, that I think it's stupid to completely ignore it and continue the story from where the film left off.

As it is, I have a hard time watching the movie nowadays. I mostly complain that the Jaffa lack pouches, Ra's tattoo, and no one in the entire movie says "kree!" Not even once.

Then there's my problems with O'Neil. He was compelling at the time of the movie given the backstory. He was also a great foil to Daniel. But now, he seems so flat and cliche, as a character. He's the typical tough-as-nails military character who softens up in the last reel. Kurt Russell is one of my favorite actors, but to watch the movie now, after loving SG-1. . . the character is just two dimensional and bland.

James Spader did a great job playing Daniel, and Michael did a good job in the early seasons of following Spader's lead in making Daniel the too-smart and well-intentioned for his own good geek. But Michael got into a groove with Daniel and really developed the character to be a much more dynamic character. So I have the same problem watching Spader play Daniel now.

Lastly. . . there'd be no Sam, or Teal'c, or Thor, or Hammond of Texas, or Mitchell, or Vala or any of the other characters from SG-1, and the actors who play them. I think that's a big problem for most of us.

Comment

I do not want to see two versions of the Stargate mythos out there. It would be too confusing to some people. The shows stemmed from the original film. Any future feature films, IMO, should be based off the shows now.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by kt22
            What do you think of Dean Devlin talking with MGM about finishing the Stargate trilogy with his original vision.
            I don't like the idea at all. He's just trying to cash in now on the success of the Stargate franchise. We don't need two different versions of Stargate mythos out there. It would be too confusing to some. IMO, any future movies should be based on the shows.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I agreed that the new movies should be based on the shows. However I fear that TPTB could repeat Joss Whedon's mistake with Serenity. I know that many people like the movie but it didn't have much success in the box office and that's what you get for having a TV guy in charge. So I'd prefer Delvin and possibly Emmerich to develop a movie based on the shows (if they can agree to it) rather than leaving it to TPTB.
              "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

>>in the comentary for the original film he says that they "killed feretti" in the show and they had big plans for him in their next movie. they didn't kill feretti.<<

Actually they were talking about Kawolski and how he died in the first episode.

Comment

Originally posted by gkyun
                  I agreed that the new movies should be based on the shows. However I fear that TPTB could repeat Joss Whedon's mistake with Serenity. I know that many people like the movie but it didn't have much success in the box office and that's what you get for having a TV guy in charge. So I'd prefer Delvin and possibly Emmerich to develop a movie based on the shows (if they can agree to it) rather than leaving it to TPTB.
                  Personally, I'd much rather any feature film be left up to TPTB. Devlin has had nothing to do with the success of these shows, and shouldn't step in and assume any kind of control. I give him credit for the film that inspired these two great shows. But that's it.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                    I do not want to see two versions of the Stargate mythos out there.
                    There were two different versions of Stargate the minute that the pilot for SG-1 aired. And Devlin's was there first. So I don't see why they couldn't continue to coexist.

Comment

Originally posted by The2ndQuest
                      >>in the comentary for the original film he says that they "killed feretti" in the show and they had big plans for him in their next movie. they didn't kill feretti.<<

Actually they were talking about Kawolski and how he died in the first episode.
                      yes that may be true, however the name they said was feretti. IIRC. this is what i meant by not giving the show any respect because they didn't get to make their other movies.

Comment

I would want the movies to have EVERY past and present cast memeber from Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis (including O'Neill, Ford and Jonas). I dont think that the movie deserves anything less

Also, it says that he would want Kurt Russell and James Spader in it!!

HEEEEEEEEEELL NO!!

WE WANT RDA AND MS!!

IF HE MAKES THIS HE BETTER NOT SCREW IT UP!

dont get me wrong, Kurt and James are great, but i would home that the movie would be more orriented at the show than the movie alone.

Anyone who gives me green is sexy, wanna be sexy? Give me Green! Woopie!

CLICK THE PIC!

Comment

Originally posted by jebus
                          Well, I'd be happy to see the rest of Dealvin's trilogy (as long as it doesnt prevent any SG1 movies also)
                          Just have 2 seperate stargate universes.
                          I'm of the same mind. It would be fun to see the "alternate reality" with Russell and Spader back.
                          Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Oh. My. Gosh.

Dean Devlin, co-writer and producer of the original Stargate movie, told SCI FI Wire that he has struck a production deal with MGM and is developing the long-delayed sequel feature films that will pick up the story from the 1994 original—but not the mythology subsequently elaborated on in the SCI FI Channel original series Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis. Devlin added that he hopes to enlist original stars Kurt Russell (Jack O'Neill) and James Spader (Dr. Daniel Jackson), who have expressed an interest.
                            http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=37194

If this is true.. then.. I don't know what to say. I'm so disappointed.

Comment

I wouldn't have any problem with two sets of "Stargate" mythos. (Though I do admit that it could be confusing for new fans.)

I mean many, many TV shows and movies have been reimagined, deimagined, etc., in the past...Battlestar Galactica, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Dr. Who, Dragnet, Batman...often with very good results. Why not Stargate?

My one and only request is that they bring back Kurt Russell and James Spader for the rest of the trilogy. Nothing at all against Richard Dean Anderson or Michael Shanks; I just hate it when they switch actors in the middle of a series of movies. And if MGM also does a movie based on the TV shows, I'd like to see the TV actors in it.

Comment

That's why I am not thrill to see the original intended sequels being made: it'd confuse people.

More so IF they make SG-1/Atlantis movies down the line.. which they seem pretty confident they would.

Two different 'universe' sharing the same stargate name.. people would be so lost thinking one or the other is the sequel.. depending on which one comes first.. when they're two completely different things.

I would much rather see an SG-1 movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X