Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be nice to see the entire Stargate Trilogy but Dean Devlin's timing is just too perfect. SG1 is now the longest running North American Scifi show with one spin-off and some hints towards starting a second spin-off. Not to mention Stargate Horizon, and an up and coming multi-player game. Plus great DVD sales in several different countries. He waited too long. He simply wants to cash in or atleast it appears that way.

Although it would be nice to see them, I'd rather see the SG1 movie or a series of SG1 movies more than Devlin's second and third installment.
    "What is it with you and ascended women?!"

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
    The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

Originally posted by RedGuard
      He waited too long. He simply wants to cash in or atleast it appears that way.
      Devlin's been talking about wanting to do more movies, and trying to do more movies, since about five minutes after the first one was done. He didn't wait. MGM did. And might still be waiting, for all we know.

Comment

Please, this is a terrible idea. Ok, he wrote the movie what was good, but Brad Wright and Jonathan Glassner made from the Stargate movie a succefull sci-fi world.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Well I am glad he is trying to get Russel and Spader, this seems too say he plans on continuing right where the movie left off, this is a good thing. The movie was great and seeing as Delvin has made it clear he has no respect for SG1, I would not trust him handeling anything in the SG1 universe, his own trilogy however, I would expect to be of the same quality as the original stargate movie, only with some more character development.
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....30&postcount=9
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....9&postcount=18
          Originally posted by Jonzey
          Hardcore nudity means not just without clothes, but without skin. You can't get much more hardcore nude than that.

Comment

They could potentially feature these movies as a "based on a true story" Trilogy in SG1

Comment

I always wanted to see a sequel to the original movie with the original actors (James Spader and Kurt Russel), and I hope if they do, they will keep the same actors. There was something mystical/mysterious that we don't find in the series. I don't see a problem if it's an "alternate" universe, it's something else. And I don't think that if they do those 2 movies there would be a problem doing another "SG-1" movie. They simply have to call it "Stargate SG-1" instead of Stargate 2 or something ...

There are books telling stories after the movies (done before SG-1 was created), and the stories seemed very interesting.

Stargate, the movie is one of the rare movie I could watch again and again.
              Gilles
              http://www.thescifiworld.net

Amanda Tapping interview
              Ben Browder interview
              Beau Bridges interview

Comment

There is no way that MGM will make a sequal to the original film that ignores the cannon of the show. If you want to see something like that then you´d need a "What if" machine

In the incredibly unlikely event that such a movie was made then I wouldn´t mind having Kurt Russel back since RDA has left the show and showed imo very little interest in the series. James Spader on the other hand is someone who I would not want back, MS is so much better in the role.

Comment

People People

This is all Spin

What he said was he would like to do it...not that he is in talks to do it and not that he has made a deal

Comment

I honestly don't see why so many people are so against this movie being made. I see nothing wrong with having a second storyline set with the original movie. I mean there are so many continuity differences between the movie and the series anyway that you could argue that the original movie also took place in this parallel universe and the first mission went differently in the TV show one.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallpaperman
                      I always wanted to see a sequel to the original movie with the original actors (James Spader and Kurt Russel), and I hope if they do, they will keep the same actors. There was something mystical/mysterious that we don't find in the series. I don't see a problem if it's an "alternate" universe, it's something else. And I don't think that if they do those 2 movies there would be a problem doing another "SG-1" movie. They simply have to call it "Stargate SG-1" instead of Stargate 2 or something ...

There are books telling stories after the movies (done before SG-1 was created), and the stories seemed very interesting.

Stargate, the movie is one of the rare movie I could watch again and again.
                      Well, maybe that would be a good idea, but what worries me most would be the problem of founds... Didn't TPTB say they thought about a movie too ? I think there wouldn't be two movies produced...
                      Last edited by Linwelin; 21 July 2006, 05:12 AM.

Comment

If they do a movie which has nothing to do with the serie I will not watch it. What is the respect for the serie fans?
                        Hallowed is RepliCarter!

Hallowed are the Ori...

Comment

im just scared that a movie following the original film would flop and stargate would be deemed a faiure and maybe cancelled

Comment

To MGM, Stargate is their number 2 franchise, just behind the Bond movies. With current uncertinty of the new Bond movies and Stargate doing so well, they would be stupid to mess with it. Stargate is gaining more fans every year. To add Devlin's alt universe would create a splintering to the fan base and confusion to the new fans. Only movies being made should follow current canon. Devlin, on the other had, should be shot out of one.

Comment

Originally posted by RedGuard
                              It would be nice to see the entire Stargate Trilogy but Dean Devlin's timing is just too perfect. SG1 is now the longest running North American Scifi show with one spin-off and some hints towards starting a second spin-off. Not to mention Stargate Horizon, and an up and coming multi-player game. Plus great DVD sales in several different countries. He waited too long. He simply wants to cash in or atleast it appears that way.

Although it would be nice to see them, I'd rather see the SG1 movie or a series of SG1 movies more than Devlin's second and third installment.
                              YEah, I agree. The thing that really got Stargate publicity was the series. No one was going to mess with Stargate the movie, yet right after Stargate SG-1 gets publicity for going into ten years, here comes Devlin talking about making a movie from the original. Seems to me Devlin just wants to get publicity, that maybe, since SG-1 is so famous now, that maybe if Devlin can make a movie, he'll get some publicity as well. Seems to me that he want to get famous off of the name Stargate, and that since many ppl like SG-1 and Atlantis, he'll just ease his way in, and get famous. He has no respect for the show, like some one said above. Its pretty obvious that he's only attempting it now, since SG-1 is in its Tenth Anniversaty. Kurt Russel is getting up there (age), and sometime early this year, I saw in TV Guide something about James Spader in some TV show, and he's BIG. Not what anyone had in mind? As I said , Devlin want to get known around the world, and he thinks the best way to do that , IMO, is to make a movie about Stargate. So I dont support it, and I dont see how anyone who is a fan of the show could support it when he doesnt even respect the show.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan
                                Devlin, on the other had, should be shot out of one.
                                You forget that without Dean Devlin, Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis would have never existed .... He IS the creator with Roland Emmerich, so keep respect for the creator of the franchise.

Originally posted by harsiesis child
                                If they do a movie which has nothing to do with the serie I will not watch it. What is the respect for the serie fans?
                                And the respect for the movie fans? And for its creator?
                                I think to let the original creator of Stargate continue his own vision of the franchise is a good idea.
                                And if they do another movie of SG-1, it would be at the end of the show, which is not for tomorrow ....

I would be very pleased to find back the original Daniel, Jack and the beautiful Sha'uri
                                Gilles
                                http://www.thescifiworld.net

Amanda Tapping interview
                                Ben Browder interview
                                Beau Bridges interview

Comment

Working...
                                X