X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Threshie View Post
    Hello. =)

I'm brand new to GateWorld; I got here through a lady I met on DeviantArt who draws Wraith fanart. This site is huuuuge and looks really well-done, so I decided to join and roam the forums. So yeah, you can thank Draco-Stellaris and these guys --> for getting me to join up!

I got into Stargate a couple of years ago when my niece pretty much forced my family to sit down and watch SG-1. LOL; we had been fans of the original movie for years beforehand, and she just knew if we gave SG-1 a chance, we'd like it. Well, she was wrong...we LOVED it, and we bought the entire boxset, and now we've moved on to watching and loving Atlantis!

I never really felt compelled to make any fanworks for SG-1, but the design of the Wraith fascinate me, so, being an artist, I sketched up a page of pictures of them and now I'm kind of hooked. I'll definitely be drawing more Wraith fanart in the future. <3

Phew, okay, that's enough jabber from me. ^^; Nice to find this site, I'm sure I'll meet lots of cool people here with which to discuss/theorize about the series!

~Threshie <3
    Originally posted by Stefan8 View Post
    Hello everyone, another newbie here!

I've been enjoying this site and forum for some time now and I figured it was time to join this lovely forum (mostly because of the awesome smileys ).

My name is Stefan and I'm from The Netherlands/Holland (whatever you prefer). I'm 18 yrs old and I'm studying Psychology in Amsterdam (first year, it isn't as interesting as I expected, so next year I'll might be doing something else)... I've been watching Stargate since I was a little boy. Favorite characters are McKay and Ba'al by the way, if anyone is interested

Don't worry, I won't spam, troll or make anyone's life miserable so I hope you'll be nice to me too!
    Hello, and welcome to Gateworld, both of you. I'm sure you'll find that this is a nice place, glad you both decided to come and join. Look forward to seeing the both of you around the forum, happy posting.

And watch out for the flying monkeys. And susanne's cookies.

Comment

Hello and welcome Stefan8, fellow European.
      Good to hear you're not a spammer or troll.
      And yes - we'll definitely all be nice to you. This is a very friendly forum so you've come to the right place. I've never met anyone here who wasn't nice but beware of the poisoned cookies...

SQUEEEE! *tackle-glomps Threshie*

Welcome fellow Deviant and Wraith fan! Feel free to post your wraithie drawings here on GW, I'm sure you'll get much apreciation for them.
      Last edited by Draco-Stellaris; 27 March 2009, 02:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        You don't know that. The number of posts that it require to be take off probation status is always being changed by Darren
        Realy???
        Myn was at 26 post, then I beacame an airman.
        sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

I've been enjoying this site and forum for some time now and I figured it was time to join this lovely forum (mostly because of the awesome smileys ).

My name is Stefan and I'm from The Netherlands/Holland (whatever you prefer). I'm 18 yrs old and I'm studying Psychology in Amsterdam (first year, it isn't as interesting as I expected, so next year I'll might be doing something else)... I've been watching Stargate since I was a little boy. Favorite characters are McKay and Ba'al by the way, if anyone is interested

Don't worry, I won't spam, troll or make anyone's life miserable so I hope you'll be nice to me too!
          Hello. =)

I'm brand new to GateWorld; I got here through a lady I met on DeviantArt who draws Wraith fanart. This site is huuuuge and looks really well-done, so I decided to join and roam the forums. So yeah, you can thank Draco-Stellaris and these guys --> for getting me to join up!

I got into Stargate a couple of years ago when my niece pretty much forced my family to sit down and watch SG-1. LOL; we had been fans of the original movie for years beforehand, and she just knew if we gave SG-1 a chance, we'd like it. Well, she was wrong...we LOVED it, and we bought the entire boxset, and now we've moved on to watching and loving Atlantis!

I never really felt compelled to make any fanworks for SG-1, but the design of the Wraith fascinate me, so, being an artist, I sketched up a page of pictures of them and now I'm kind of hooked. I'll definitely be drawing more Wraith fanart in the future. <3

Phew, okay, that's enough jabber from me. ^^; Nice to find this site, I'm sure I'll meet lots of cool people here with which to discuss/theorize about the series!

~Threshie <3
          Hello welcome!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rasunda View Post
            Realy???
            Myn was at 26 post, then I beacame an airman.
            My lucky number is 28

by commander of the uss capricorn

Comment

Thanks for all the warm welcomes

Comment

Thanks for all the warm welcomes
                No problem! i hope you make friends here stefan! and if you have any trouble meandering this site just remember than you can always ask one of us for advice or understanding.
                sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
                  SQUEEEE! *tackle-glomps Threshie*

Welcome fellow Deviant and Wraith fan! Feel free to post your wraithie drawings here on GW, I'm sure you'll get much apreciation for them.
                  Yay, a familiar face! *Gets glomped* ...! *Squish* XD; LOL; I've never been much of a forum-crawler, so I have no clue where to begin. I don't know how or where to post artwork, but I definitely wouldn't mind sharing my Wraith pics here where people who will enjoy them will probably see them the most. Er...as a Probie I might not be allowed to make a thread for them yet, though. I guess I better run around and post like mad to get past Probie status first, ne...?

Anyway, thanks very much to Draco-Stellaris and to everybody else for the warm welcome! This place is so huge that it's overwhelming, but seeing a few friendly comments does make me feel less tiny and invisible and insignificant...LOL.

I'm off to go a-posting!

~Threshie <3
                  Click here to visit my DeviantArt gallery for Wraith fanart!

~

Fan of SG-1, Atlantis, AND the original SG movie! Why pick just one?

Comment

Yay, a familiar face! *Gets glomped* ...! *Squish* XD; LOL; I've never been much of a forum-crawler, so I have no clue where to begin. I don't know how or where to post artwork, but I definitely wouldn't mind sharing my Wraith pics here where people who will enjoy them will probably see them the most. Er...as a Probie I might not be allowed to make a thread for them yet, though. I guess I better run around and post like mad to get past Probie status first, ne...?

~Threshie <3
                    I've never been much of a forum-crawler myself but that changed soon after I joined GW.

You can create your own album on your profile page and upload your pictures there. The album provides you then with a BB code (looks like this: [IMG]blablabla [/IMG] ) you can simply copy/paste into your posts to share your images.

Or you can post the link to your dA page or other image host (this is often better because the album resolution of the pics isn't high and details can get lost)

Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by susanne View Post
                      No problem! i hope you make friends here stefan! and if you have any trouble meandering this site just remember than you can always ask one of us for advice or understanding.
                      Thanks and I hope so too

Comment

Originally posted by michellec24_7 View Post
                        The orange ones stole chocolate I believe...
                        I have the list now. But there are more flying monkeys of other colors and they all have thier own jobs. So if you see them, run!

Red-Make you lose train of thought so you forget what you were going to say
                        Orange-Steal chocolate
                        Yellow-Internet Connection
                        Green-Cause Global Warming
                        Blue-Move your stuff around so you can't find it
                        Purple-Steal your sanity
                        Pink-Causes typos

And the purple ones hide under your bed and steal your sanity when you're sleeping, sneaky little purple things!

*gets frying pan out ready*

Spoiler:
                        Oooo trivia squint! Which one was the gf of Dr Sweets?? She was fun
                        Yes, they are sneaky and evil. lol

Originally posted by susanne View Post
                        LOLOL your all mad for monkeys

Spoiler:
                        yaknow i can never remember her name! all i remember from her is "And im a bright, bright cobalt blue!" *snorts* it cracks me up just thinking about the way she said that

*highfives Rasunda*

--making it legal--

WELCOME NEWBIES! dont be shy. we wont hurt you....just poison you
                        Yes, yes we all mad about monkeys. Well, more like warey of monkeys. LMAO

Originally posted by Alteran of Atlantis View Post
                        Global Warming is going to kill us all! *sees a green monkey* So the green ones cause global warming...
                        Yes, they do indeed. Bad green monkeys.

Originally posted by Kathryn View Post
                        Hi All,
                        I'm Kathryn from Australia, and I owe the credit for getting into Stargate to my younger brother who convinced me to tune in somewhere around Season 3 or 4 (and now of course I'm a bigger fan than he is)

I'm off to my very first convention in Vancouver next month - can't wait!!!
                        Originally posted by Spider View Post
                        Hey ! I'm Liis from Estonia . I saw SG-1 in one channel and now I love it ,my biggest fave is SGA
                        Originally posted by FoxFire View Post
                        Hey. I'm an Aussie girl. I love Sci-fi. Seen stagate, Atlantis, Bab 5, Firefly, Dr Who. Unfortunately there's huge gaps in my knowledge but I hope to fill them soon with the help of the friend who got me here. Be seeing ya.
                        Hi hi and welcome! *smiles*

Vancouver!!! *is green with envy* Welcome Kathryn and make sure you post some pics! Who's going to be there??

Only some of them... and its only the retro-virus... remember we're planning on taking over the galaxy???

Altho Susie I was thinking, maybe we should start offering cupcakes?? They're bigger so can hold more poi - I mean they're just bigger

Hey Spider, welcome! Another SGAer... if thats even a word???

Hey Fox, welcome! Love all these Aussie people on here I just got married in Perth so its like my 2nd home...
                        *whispers* I'm thinking of putting mind control stuffs in the cupcakes.

Originally posted by Death Jester View Post
                        Hi everyone! I'm new here (obviously!) and I just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm from the UK and currently I'm a scientist. I only started watching SG-1 in December of 2008 when a friend of mine lent me the whole series; and I have to say, I'm totally hooked. It's awesome! I'm just depressed I didn't watch it when it was on TV...but better late than never, right?
                        Originally posted by chdaniel View Post
                        Hi everyone !!!... I'd like to introduce myself. I am from Ecuador (south america), I am 28 and of course, a really big fan of stargate, specially stargate atlantis. I started watching Stargate Atlantis about 3 years ago... and I loved it. It's the best scifi tv show. I've watched the complete series many times over. Then I turned into Stargate SG-1, but I haven't watched it completely, from season 8 until the end I have.. but the first episodes I haven't. Regardless, I also love SG-1.

I was totally shocked when I first knew that SGA was cancellated. I couln't believed (I still can't understand why). But despite all my frustration and sadness, there is nothing to do about the series... just wait for the dvd movies.

I still have my serious doubts about Universe. Of course, I will watch it. But I am not sure if it will work. My real expectations are in the new SGA and SG-1 DVD movies.

I hope the franchise will stay alive for thousands of years (as the legacy of the ancients.. je je).
                        Originally posted by Lacrimosa View Post
                        Hello!

I'm Kim, seventeen and I'm from Holland.
                        I got into Stargate because of my mother, I sat down with her one night to watch tv and she wanted to watch the show so I watched it with her and I was hooked inmediately.
                        I always was a big fan of sci-fi by the way.
                        I started following the show during season three but I watched the first two seasons online and again when they aired them on tv again.
                        I also loved SGA, and the two SG-1 movies, but I'm not sure if I'm going to like Universe.
                        Don't know but the first time I read about it I had the feeling it was a little far fetched, a little too much even.
                        But hey, can't really judge before watching so I am going to see how it turns out.

So yeah, that's me..
                        Originally posted by CityKitty View Post
                        Hi there *wave*

I am a friend of Alder's which is how I found this place and have adored Stargate since... umn... 13 minutes into the original movie? I mean I love aliens and Egyptology... what more can I want?

Though have to say I like the series cast better than the movie cast... Only just getting round to watching SG: Atlantis all the way through, missed loads of episodes... just rediscovering why I love the Big Smart Brother/Little Sporty Brother relationship between Sheppard and McKay

anyways, hi! hope y'all like me enough to not kill me!
                        Originally posted by opuncsun View Post
                        First ever post anywhere. Can't think of a better place to start. I'm in Northern Utah and enjoy playing with the english language, so here comes a joke.

Why would the Stargate teams be wary of St Patricks Day? Because of the pot of "Goauld" at the end of the rainbow.

Enjoy
                        Originally posted by WraithCat View Post
                        Hello all, *waves*
                        I´m from Austria and I´m a Stargate fan since I saw the movie.
                        My favorite SG-1 character is Daniel Jackson...why?
                        Same interests, same job.
                        My favorite SGA characters are the wraith... because they are as beautiful as the elves in LOTR. As you see I´m a big LOTR fan too.

This is my first english speaking forum and my english is not so good, so please be patient with me.
                        Originally posted by opuncsun View Post
                        As a Hewlett packard Field Engineer, I drive 5k-6k miles a month and make up jokes while driving. So, yes i have about 3 pages worth of jokes on my phone. Not many are Stargate related though. We'll give this one a try.

Signs on mountain roads that say "Slower traffic use flashers". Now if someone is “flashing” vehicles isn’t it bound to slow traffic?

Enjoy
                        Originally posted by gatecowboy94 View Post
                        Hi, I'd rather not disclose my name but I'm 14, and I live in Nebraska. My main hobbie is making and shooting traditional bows. I am also an avid reader.
                        I picked up my interest in Stargate about 5 years ago while watching SG-1 with my late father. My favorite season is the 4th SG-1 and my favorite character is Jack O'Neill. I haven't really seen much of SGA but what I've seen of it seems good. I also enjoy the SG-1 books.
                        I look forward to many posts and expect the Gateworld forum to be alot of fun.
                        Originally posted by Commander of the USS Capricorn View Post
                        Yeah, I've been viewing the forums for a long time now. (Several months)
                        Finally decided to join.

Hello. =)

~Threshie <3
                        Hi hi and welcome! *smiles* Have some cupcakes and cookies! *big grin*
                        sigpic

Comment

Hello! I am a huge Stargate fan, I just love the show. I own all 10 season's of SG-1. I got the box set for just 50 bucks! Costco is awesome. lol. Anyway I look forward to meet all of you and talk about some Stargate!
                          sigpic

Comment

Hello and welcome, NormaN!

Have fun and enjoy the community but watch out for the poisoned cookies!

Comment

Hello NormaN!
                              Enjoy GW!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rasunda View Post
                                Hello NormaN!
                                Enjoy GW!
                                Thanks! One thing that bothers me is that a mod has to approve the post. But I guess I am just used to posting without having a mod approving my post.

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
                                Hello and welcome, NormaN!

Have fun and enjoy the community but watch out for the poisoned cookies!
                                Poisoned cookies? I am not sure I follow. lol
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X