Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone! I'm new here (obviously!) and I just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm from the UK and currently I'm a scientist. I only started watching SG-1 in December of 2008 when a friend of mine lent me the whole series; and I have to say, I'm totally hooked. It's awesome! I'm just depressed I didn't watch it when it was on TV...but better late than never, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Death Jester View Post
      Hi everyone! I'm new here (obviously!) and I just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm from the UK and currently I'm a scientist. I only started watching SG-1 in December of 2008 when a friend of mine lent me the whole series; and I have to say, I'm totally hooked. It's awesome! I'm just depressed I didn't watch it when it was on TV...but better late than never, right?

At least you don't have to worry about adds.

Comment

Hi everyone !!!... I'd like to introduce myself. I am from Ecuador (south america), I am 28 and of course, a really big fan of stargate, specially stargate atlantis. I started watching Stargate Atlantis about 3 years ago... and I loved it. It's the best scifi tv show. I've watched the complete series many times over. Then I turned into Stargate SG-1, but I haven't watched it completely, from season 8 until the end I have.. but the first episodes I haven't. Regardless, I also love SG-1.

I was totally shocked when I first knew that SGA was cancellated. I couln't believed (I still can't understand why). But despite all my frustration and sadness, there is nothing to do about the series... just wait for the dvd movies.

I still have my serious doubts about Universe. Of course, I will watch it. But I am not sure if it will work. My real expectations are in the new SGA and SG-1 DVD movies.

I hope the franchise will stay alive for thousands of years (as the legacy of the ancients.. je je).

Comment

Originally posted by Death Jester View Post
          Hi and welcome to Gateworld! And yep, later definitely better than never. (And I agree with Foxfire, at least you didn't have to sit through any commercials)
          sigpic
          Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by chdaniel View Post
            Hi everyone !!!... I'd like to introduce myself. I am from Ecuador (south america), I am 28 and of course, a really big fan of stargate, specially stargate atlantis. I started watching Stargate Atlantis about 3 years ago... and I loved it. It's the best scifi tv show. I've watched the complete series many times over. Then I turned into Stargate SG-1, but I haven't watched it completely, from season 8 until the end I have.. but the first episodes I haven't. Regardless, I also love SG-1.

I was totally shocked when I first knew that SGA was cancellated. I couln't believed (I still can't understand why). But despite all my frustration and sadness, there is nothing to do about the series... just wait for the dvd movies.

I still have my serious doubts about Universe. Of course, I will watch it. But I am not sure if it will work. My real expectations are in the new SGA and SG-1 DVD movies.

I hope the franchise will stay alive for thousands of years (as the legacy of the ancients.. je je).
            Hi! I'm a big SGA fan too (and I've got my doubts about Universe as well), and I second your wish for the longevity of the franchise. Welcome to Gateworld.
            sigpic
            Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Hello!

I'm Kim, seventeen and I'm from Holland.
              I got into Stargate because of my mother, I sat down with her one night to watch tv and she wanted to watch the show so I watched it with her and I was hooked inmediately.
              I always was a big fan of sci-fi by the way.
              I started following the show during season three but I watched the first two seasons online and again when they aired them on tv again.
              I also loved SGA, and the two SG-1 movies, but I'm not sure if I'm going to like Universe.
              Don't know but the first time I read about it I had the feeling it was a little far fetched, a little too much even.
              But hey, can't really judge before watching so I am going to see how it turns out.

So yeah, that's me..

Comment

Hi and welcome Death Jester, chdaniel and Lacrimosa and also foxfire, have we been introduced yet???

I too have my reservations about Universe.... still very VERY mad that SGA got cancelled for it but I remember feeling very similar to this when I heard they were making SGA and I ended up loving it the most! So I'm mad... but I'll give it a fair chance

Anyways, have you tried any of Susies cookies???
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lacrimosa View Post
                  Hello!

I'm Kim, seventeen and I'm from Holland.
                  I got into Stargate because of my mother, I sat down with her one night to watch tv and she wanted to watch the show so I watched it with her and I was hooked inmediately.
                  I always was a big fan of sci-fi by the way.
                  I started following the show during season three but I watched the first two seasons online and again when they aired them on tv again.
                  I also loved SGA, and the two SG-1 movies, but I'm not sure if I'm going to like Universe.
                  Don't know but the first time I read about it I had the feeling it was a little far fetched, a little too much even.
                  But hey, can't really judge before watching so I am going to see how it turns out.

So yeah, that's me..
                  Welcome to GW, enjoy the comunity
                  You will notice that I've greend you
                  sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                    And yep, later definitely better than never. (And I agree with Foxfire, at least you didn't have to sit through any commercials)
                    Heh, yeah ads would have been annoying!

Comment

im not going to bother welcoming everyone individually because that would be spam, also i am far too lazy to click that little 'mass quote' button

WELCOME NEW PEOPLE! im sure i will see each and every one of you at some point here

and ....cupcakes? cupcakes arent evil......*ponders this*
                      sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

Hi there *wave*

I am a friend of Alder's which is how I found this place and have adored Stargate since... umn... 13 minutes into the original movie? I mean I love aliens and Egyptology... what more can I want?

Though have to say I like the series cast better than the movie cast... Only just getting round to watching SG: Atlantis all the way through, missed loads of episodes... just rediscovering why I love the Big Smart Brother/Little Sporty Brother relationship between Sheppard and McKay

anyways, hi! hope y'all like me enough to not kill me!
                        sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by CityKitty View Post
                          Hi there *wave*

I am a friend of Alder's which is how I found this place and have adored Stargate since... umn... 13 minutes into the original movie? I mean I love aliens and Egyptology... what more can I want?

Though have to say I like the series cast better than the movie cast... Only just getting round to watching SG: Atlantis all the way through, missed loads of episodes... just rediscovering why I love the Big Smart Brother/Little Sporty Brother relationship between Sheppard and McKay

anyways, hi! hope y'all like me enough to not kill me!
                          welcome CityKitty! *gives her a cookie and a cup of tea* im sure you'll do fine here
                          sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

Originally posted by susanne View Post

and ....cupcakes? cupcakes arent evil......*ponders this*
                            No..... but they hold more poison.... I mean, they're yummy, so yummy!!

And welcome CityKitty! You'll love it on here
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by michellec24_7 View Post
                              No..... but they hold more poison.... I mean, they're yummy, so yummy!!

And welcome CityKitty! You'll love it on here
                              What were you thinking? You almost gave it away...er, I mean, welcome new people.

Phew! That was close
                              Meh...

Comment

First ever post anywhere. Can't think of a better place to start. I'm in Northern Utah and enjoy playing with the english language, so here comes a joke.

Why would the Stargate teams be wary of St Patricks Day? Because of the pot of "Goauld" at the end of the rainbow.

Enjoy

Comment

Working...
                                X