This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
    It's just the PM afterwards that says that I deleted a post 'about shep's hair'
    Doesn't it violate several laws of nature when posts about The Hair (r)(c)(tm) are being deleted? So naturally all deleted posts must be spam.

And a question for the mods: How long have all of you been watching Stargate and what are the episodes you like the most and dislike the most?

And a special one for Tame, what is "The ep that must not be named"?
    Signed,

Gregorius
    Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
    Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

i've been watching since season two.

as to listing episodes, i'd rather list seasons. my favorites - meaning the seasons that have the least number of cringers and that i enjoyed over all is:

There are some episodes in the eariler seasons that i just won't watch when they re-run, just as there are some in the later seasons. it's just the proportion of 'good' to 'bad' changes with the season
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Okay, joke time. Who prevents Sky from getting too power mad
        what makes you think someone does that?
        Were did Sky and Feil get their noodle and paddle names
        oh! oh! i know this one!! ...i think...
        *storytelling voice* actually, sky's story's it's not that interesting. she just has an overactive imagination. anyway, it started, not much over a year ago, in SaGC.... Sky began using the phrase 'to whack with a wet noodle' on at least a semi-regular basis. this event was made all the more confusing when, semi-contemporarily, mini started semi-regularly using the phrase "bakes my noodle". The combination of these two thus created the impression on samanda that two noodles existed, one wet and one baked. then, one day, it happened. Sky claimed her Wet Noodle (of Doom). I believe she also claimed a codpiece around the same time, but the noodle, being more amusing than even a codpiece and (or perhaps in spite of ) slightly more appropriate, was the one that stuck. and the rest, as they say, is history.

*normal voice* now, feli's paddle. that's harder. that's old, and it sounds like a thunk thing. counting forum age, thunking, attitude, and prestige, it had to have been either feli herself...maybe Kliggins?...or meimei.

there are several others, more and less common. of course there's tame's spork, which is probably around a two years? old. maybe? maybe it was only one. ...and her spiked heels, which were created at the same time, i believe. the basic story there's pretty self evident. the spork is the spoon (though i wouldn't be utterly surprised if ooob's fork had something to do with it), though it was shipmum's beforehand. and, come on, tame, shoes, pain = spiked heels. and mads has her goat. i don't think it was based on anything though, made up for no reason (because the others were totally reasonable).
        Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
        How many of such errors and how many of those PMs in general contain poor spelling, grammar and flawed assumption?
        and are they in any way representative of the forum as a whole? what about those lovely "OMG the mods of soooo horible, dont u agre?" threads? how common/what usually causes/what happens to those, would you say?

another question: this was some time ago, but I believe it was Mads, said that one of the bigger surprises of becoming a mod was her desire to use the power to edit other's spelling errors. do any other mods feel this way? what are the most annoying errors?
        sigpic
        "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
        Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Since I read the term "old", I'll ask this question so it, hopefully, won't be asked again: Do the mods favour, as in allow more stunts from, the "old gang", people who joined in or before 2004?

And another one: Since most of you have been here since the beginning, how do you feel Gateworld has changed since the start, read that as about the first 6 ~12 months, of this forum? Has the atmosphere changed considerably and what about the contents and depth of of the discussions? And what about the members, did they change?
          Signed,

Gregorius
          Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
          Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Isn't that the quote Meimei has on her profile?
            No hers went more along the lines of *Have a past that you can look back on with a smile* not in those words of course but along those lines
            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Question to all mods (Denise & Darren especially): "Have you seen the leaked 'Ark of Truth' in its entirety?"

If you can't answer, that's OK .
              sigpic
              "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
              ~David Hewlett

Comment

And a question for the mods: How long have all of you been watching Stargate and what are the episodes you like the most and dislike the most?

And a special one for Tame, what is "The ep that must not be named"?
                I started watching Stargate on Showtime when it began, I then stopped because I had a fruit loop neighbor who kept trying to come over and watch it with us so I told her we no longer watched....after a couple of months she stopped asking and we started watching again........

Favorite All Time episode - Window Of Opportunity
                Just because it was sheer fun to watch

I have to say I have just enjoyed the progression of the show as it evolved for the most part.

I am more impressed with Jack when he is acting Smart and snarky rather than childish and snarky.

I like Daniel more as a *fighting archaeologist* than a *passive archaeologist*

I also completely loved the additions of Vala and Col Mitchell

Since I refuse to name the episode I can't very well tell you but I completely and utterly dislike the episode. even refuse to buy that season box set due to the episode....that is how much I dislike that episode.
                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities View Post

another question: this was some time ago, but I believe it was Mads, said that one of the bigger surprises of becoming a mod was her desire to use the power to edit other's spelling errors. do any other mods feel this way? what are the most annoying errors?
                  LOLOLOL you have no idea how often I want to click on *edit* and fix spelling errors but for the most part I don't. Mainly because it is just an endless and thankless task

also the Spikes and Spork did evolve at the same time It was so I could use both hands to clear a path

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                    (((((((((SK))))))))

We will probably start deleting stuff for SPAM soon since folks aren't really taking this to seriously and we do have a thread for *having fun with the Mods*

But anytime you want a hug......or want to drone on..... well you can PM me for the former and PM Shadow with the latter
                    Aw come on, I do take this seriously, but I also see it as similar to questions asked by fans of the cast/crew of their favorite show.

*makes note of who to go to for hugs and to drone on endlessly

No other questions come to mind right now.
                    sigpic
                    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

What is the most common reason and often are threads closed. Some closed threads are eventually reopened. Is it more common for closed threads to be reopen or stay closed

((((((((MODERATORS))))))(Beat that Tame)
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Since I read the term "old", I'll ask this question so it, hopefully, won't be asked again: Do the mods favour, as in allow more stunts from, the "old gang", people who joined in or before 2004?
                        People will of course claim that i'm lying, but I don't care who misbehaves. I see a broken rule in a post, i moderate it, and don't even pay much attention to who the poster is. And, at times, i am rougher on the old timers than i am the newbies, cause i know they know better

And another one: Since most of you have been here since the beginning, how do you feel Gateworld has changed since the start, read that as about the first 6 ~12 months, of this forum? Has the atmosphere changed considerably and what about the contents and depth of of the discussions? And what about the members, did they change?
                        I think it has changed. There is a level of...well not something nice, that wasn't here before. There's a lot of nastiness and pettyness and bitterness that didn't used to be there.

Maybe it's the natural evolution of the fandom

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                        Question to all mods (Denise & Darren especially): "Have you seen the leaked 'Ark of Truth' in its entirety?"

If you can't answer, that's OK .
                        haven't seen it, won't see it. I don't download even the legal stuff. my computer is for typing and surfing and chatting, not to sit in front of and watch something.

What is the most common reason and often are threads closed. Some closed threads are eventually reopened. Is it more common for closed threads to be reopen or stay closed

((((((((MODERATORS))))))(Beat that Tame)

the only ones that are reopened are bonafide discussion ones that just need a time out. Some of them, like those asking for downloads or broaching an unwelcome topic or ones that are the 23rd thread on a topic started in a single day, often just get closed because they're a dead end. (one that got closed tonight was one started by a member unhappy with something the mods did. What we did was correct a mistake of his in starting a thread in an inappropriate place)

sigpic

Comment

is a mod assigned certain threads? And, if this is the case can a group or a person request a different one?
                          Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                          ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                          Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

we have general areas that we were assigned to y ears ago, but, for the most part, it's first come first serve.

I'm online and available off and on during the day, as well as in the evening us time, the brits are obviously in bed right now (it beind about 3am there) so they can be online in the mornings there, or mid day here which is evening there

people aren't assigned to threads, it's just a matter of who's available.

It's kinda like if you need your hair cut and you dont' have an appointment. You either take whomever is available and get it taken care of now, or wait for a perferred stylist to be available, knowing that you may wait an hour or six for them to be available

People are always welcome to PM a specific mod, but they have to acknowledge that, if the mod has real life stuff going on, it may be a few hours or even a day or so before they can get baack to you

sigpic

Comment

thanks for the answer... and sometimes i don't mind waiting... depends

but anyways thank you
                              Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                              ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                              Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

LOLOLOL you have no idea how often I want to click on *edit* and fix spelling errors but for the most part I don't. Mainly because it is just an endless and thankless task
                                ((((((hypothetical thank you very very much)))))). wait...for the most part? *checks her own posts*
                                also the Spikes and Spork did evolve at the same time It was so I could use both hands to clear a path
                                yeah, i decided to get better acquainted with the search feature. i was right. give or take 365 days.
                                Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                People will of course claim that i'm lying--
                                liar!!! liar!!! the mods are dirty, heinous LIARS!!! Help! Help! I'm being oppressed!! oh, the horror!!
                                but I don't care who misbehaves. I see a broken rule in a post, i moderate it, and don't even pay much attention to who the poster is. And, at times, i am rougher on the old timers than i am the newbies, cause i know they know better
                                meany!! meany!!! the mods are all meanies!! first you LIE about playing favorites, then you ADMIT you're a mean, rotten, heartless mod who DOESN'T play favorites! horrible, horrible lying meany!!
                                I think it has changed. There is a level of...well not something nice, that wasn't here before. There's a lot of nastiness and pettyness and bitterness that didn't used to be there.
                                it was smaller. fewer points of view (and less canon), harder to mouth off at an unknown screenname because there aren't that many. in my utterly and totally unbaised opinion, that 'something else' started with season 9's vala/mitchell/"new" daniel/lack of sam/lack of teal'c, or in season 10's show canceled, or season 6's jonas here/daniel, or season 4's official SJ, or season 1's sam's here, or SGA season 4's weir gone/beckett gone/sam here/keller here.
                                ...ok, so fandom's had a few minor arguments over the years. it's not like it started as a slash and broke into a het; like the left-out slashee left mid-series for a season season, killed by his replacement who was subsequently booted; like two years later the arc was finished and replaced, the star and another actor retired, the woman from the het was un-nexted-in-lined and slightly totally wallpapered, the left-out slashee was slightly totally rewritten, the last cast member was slightly totally wallpapered, two new actors from a former scifi show came into major roles and another actor to took the retired star's job; like two years after that the whole thing got canceled and the woman from the het moved to the spinoff and a new actor came in, while two main actors left. because that would make for a seriously crazy fandom. just be glad you're not modding that.

anyway, apparently people that only hang out in good 'ol less-than-three threads (C&R, OT) still get that innocent, warm-and-fuzzy feeling. ((((mods)))) don't have that luxury. apparently the rest of us are masochists. sadists, if we're going with the "mod's have feelings" theory.
                                sigpic
                                "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                                Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Working...
                                X