This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ebethman View Post
    NUMBER THREE Do the mods have christmas parties or b'day parties in there forum? I know there have been many held here, in thunk threads and such. Hell, those guys in the lounge put on a play!!

EDIT: Wow, that writing is bigger than i thought it would be
    not really. We wish each other happy birthday or the such, but we really don't have parties. We're spread across too many time zones to have more than 3 - 4 of us on at a single time anyway

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
    Figured as much. I can assume posts in the mod forum don't add to post count?
    why wouldn't they?

So what happens if a mod seriously misbehaves, like insulting an entire fanbase, ship, etc..; do the mods have some sort of "Three strikes and you're out"-system?
    the situation has not come up, and when/if it does, we'll deal with it then. We've had mods 'quit' or 'retire' but we've never fired a mod

Also when a post gets deleted it gets made invisible while it remains in the thread right? (It could also be transfered to a trash bin forum) But do you suppliment those posts with comments containing the reasoning as to why it has been deleted?

As for deleted threads, they go to a forum trash bin I assume? Do the mods supply comments with the reasons for their decision in those deleted threads?
    we usually soft-delete. that way there's a record of what happened when. WE also have a trash bin area for stuff like spam threads and duplicate threads that can't be merged into others, irredeemable threads - ones that have descended into such a flame fest we don't even bother putting them back out.

Going to this place on dial-up, poor Kiwi, even with my connection it's hell at times to load. Also, will Kiwi provide the BBQ?
    dude, i'm on dialup. my shortcut to getting the forum to load pretty quickly, turn off flash. no flash player active, the movies don't load and bog things down
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Interview the Mods
      can we ask for autographs too ?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
        PARTY AT KIWI'S PLACE! We can all stand around and laugh as she tries to navigage on dialup! She'll provide drinks, food, and lodging. All we have to do is get there...
        heeeey!

As long as grass clippings is your idea of a good meal, and you consider the floor comfy....
        Dial up isn't going so bad as I feared. GW actually loads pretty quick, as long as I don't go into the image laden threads. Still I won't be staying with dial up, I'm being an evil person and making the cable company go through with the installation (which is free to me but is going to cost them a fortune.... so far they have to replace a power pole half way up the drive, put the line underground and THEN run it into my house ). Of course they're being slower than molasses at doing it

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          why wouldn't they?
          Good question ... because you serve the forum?

dude, i'm on dialup. my shortcut to getting the forum to load pretty quickly, turn off flash. no flash player active, the movies don't load and bog things down
          I'll give that a try.
          Signed,

Gregorius
          Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
          Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
            can we ask for autographs too ?
            Sure....and the check is in the mail with that autograph
            Good question ... because you serve the forum?
            And your point would be??? we are having to discuss a topic and possibly debate an issue. OMG who would do that THAT on a Forum
            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
              And your point would be??? we are having to discuss a topic and possibly debate an issue. OMG who would do that THAT on a Forum
              It was a comment made in jest because Sky raised a good question and was right.
              Signed,

Gregorius
              Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
              Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

what happens when a mod breaks the rules?
                Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

It's an abomination teehee (that's right, i laugh at my own jokes!)

What is the story behind the fuzzy pink rat thing? (dish, dish, dish) i've heard snippits but nothing that makes much sence
                  Nothing is permanent in this wicked world. Not even our troubles.

Spoiler:
                  Originally posted by ebethman
                  Look to the last page to find one of those strange little posts that no one sees at the end of a page. They are a strange creature. Denied attention from other posts they banned together. By day they are simple, unassuming posts. By night, they solve crime. One of them is called frank. He likes marbles. He has twelve of them. Each has it's own unique binary code which is related to several characteristics. Size. Colour. Public speaking ability....
                  Originally posted by Bray
                  *Bray wins*

Sorry RM....Game OVER!

And eBeth....you're weird

Comment

major clanger's pink rat???

oh, that's a story all on its own

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      major clanger's pink rat???

oh, that's a story all on its own
                      Pray tell

*sits down on the story telling mat with legs crossed and stares up expectantly*

Spoiler:
                      Look to the last page to find one of those strange little posts that no one sees at the end of a page. They are a strange creature. Denied attention from other posts they banned together. By day they are simple, unassuming posts. By night, they solve crime. One of them is called frank. He likes marbles. He has twelve of them. Each has it's own unique binary code which is related to several characteristics. Size. Colour. Public speaking ability....
                      *Bray wins*

Sorry RM....Game OVER!

Comment

Major Clanger, one of our ex-mods, got her name from this
                        http://www.clangers.co.uk/

a british tv show

sigpic

Comment

What the . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

why did she stop being a mod??? (some say she's crazy)

Spoiler:
                          *Bray wins*

Sorry RM....Game OVER!

Comment

It was a comment made in jest because Sky raised a good question and was right.
                            I was just messing with you
                            Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                            what happens when a mod breaks the rules?
                            Mods don't break the rules
                            Originally posted by P2J
                            there tie them to a pole and then thew members are allowed to dress them up as whatever there see fit for all the forum to see
                            and we let people point and laugh
                            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

The ocational vegtable is thrown

Spoiler:
                              *Bray wins*

Sorry RM....Game OVER!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                                As for mods having a second account... it'd be enough to make ya paranoid, eh? There you are, having a nice rant at someone about what a horrible, domineering, scummy person Sky is and then you find out, IT IS SKY!! OMGBANNEDFORLIFE!! Heh. I think they probably don't, but if they did I doubt they'd admit it.
                                either way, you're still more likely to run into a friend of that horrible terrible mod that that'll PM them the conversation. ...you guys do have friends right?
                                really? i thought we took all their shoes.
                                sigpic
                                "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                                Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Working...
                                X