This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post

Also when a post gets deleted it gets made invisible while it remains in the thread right? (It could also be transfered to a trash bin forum) But do you suppliment those posts with comments containing the reasoning as to why it has been deleted?

As for deleted threads, they go to a forum trash bin I assume? Do the mods supply comments with the reasons for their decision in those deleted threads?
    Just to expound on this question

When we *soft delete* a post we do normally leave a note on it so other Mods can see our reasons for deletion. That way if one of us has an issue with it we can discuss it back in the Mod Forum.

We have been known to go back and just {snip} out sections of a previously deleted post after discussions because due to the fact that this forum is world wide some things don't always have the same meaning in one country that they do in another.
    So we discuss that, weigh the pros and cons of the offensiveness and snip out what needs to go but leave what can be left so the person in question can still have their post.

Then we inform the person that select things are not accepted *Globally* and can not be posted here

This also helps us update the filters so they apply on a more *World-wide* basis.

Deleted threads are treated the same way for the most part unless as Skydiver said they are just completely irredeemable. Then they go to the *thread-dump*. We can still see them but you can't BUWhahahahaha
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
      Mods don't break the rules
      Dude i loves ya but we both know thats not true
      Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
      ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
      Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Question time: How many PMs do you get on average notifying you that you were wrong and are a meany for closing/deleting posts and threads?
        Signed,

Gregorius
        Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
        Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Question time: How many PMs do you get on average notifying you that you were wrong and are a meany for closing/deleting posts and threads?
          ...it will take them a while to count them . We'll wait here two weeks for an answer .

*Greg, you are every where *

Comment

It seems that I am, for that I'm also being called an Ori or so I read somewhere on the forum.
            Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by P2J
              Ah yes, I remember Major Clanger, she used to hit me with her spoon. Ahhhhh the good old days, now instead of an indent, I just get thwacked with a wet noodle, that gets stuck in my hair for days. Thankfully Tame is their to hug me better and all is right with the world!

Ah Sky you know I luffs ya really Just one question, please tell me them noodles are fresh.

Ok so it's late and now i'm brain dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                major clanger's pink rat???

oh, that's a story all on its own
                You could call it a "pink rat"? Aren't those fighting words?
                sigpic

Comment

Are we going to see The Spoon vs The Noodle?

Question for the mods: Who would win if The Spoon, The Noodle, the Hug and the Paddle would enter a Battle Royale?
                  Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                    can we ask for autographs too ?
                    Can we ask for hugs? Can we drone on endlessly about our lives before we ever get to the question? ;D
                    sigpic
                    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      major clanger's pink rat???

oh, that's a story all on its own
                      Ah yes. The Pink Furry Rat Thing otherwise know as a PFRT.

*runs away*

Originally posted by ebethman View Post
                      What the . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

why did she stop being a mod??? (some say she's crazy)
                      *pops back in quickly*

Actually she finally came to her senses.

*runs away again*
                      sigpic

Comment

it depends. Sometimes none. Other times we're taken to task publically in a thread, sometimes in the ask the mod's thread, and other times we get reds for our efforts.

Of course, i have also gotten PM's of thanks, greens for doing something and had folks thank me in a thread
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Okay, joke time. Who prevents Sky from getting too power mad

*runs away from Sky's noodle*
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by ebethman View Post
                            why did she stop being a mod???
                            Let's just say it involved blackmail, tartar sauce, an orange hippopotamus, several canisters of industrial waste, and a plate of cold goulash.
                            Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                              Dude i loves ya but we both know thats not true
                              ssshhhh you think I would say I broke the rules ....
                              Originally posted by Kliggins View Post
                              You could call it a "pink rat"? Aren't those fighting words?
                              *whispers* we are hoping MC doesn't notice the thread and see the faux paus
                              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I can honestly say I have only gotten a few of those. Usually when I get that type of PM it is due to someone wanting me to acknowledge that they are vastly superior to me in intelligence and they know more than I.

I usually sit back, smile, shake my head and say, "Dude...its a Star Gate Forum....but if you want to feel as if the Nobel is riding on this..have at it."

I try to just not take anything personal since I don't get personal when I am talking to someone on a Moderating level

Comment

Working...
                                X