This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
    Are we going to see The Spoon vs The Noodle?

Question for the mods: Who would win if The Spoon, The Noodle, the Hug and the Paddle would enter a Battle Royale?
    They would ALL Win

the Spoon would gently hold the Noodle whilst resting on the Paddle as they are all encased in a comforting Hug

We don't Battle
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
      Can we ask for hugs? Can we drone on endlessly about our lives before we ever get to the question? ;D
      (((((((((SK))))))))

We will probably start deleting stuff for SPAM soon since folks aren't really taking this to seriously and we do have a thread for *having fun with the Mods*

But anytime you want a hug......or want to drone on..... well you can PM me for the former and PM Shadow with the latter
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
        (((((((((SK))))))))

We will probably start deleting stuff for SPAM soon since folks aren't really taking this to seriously and we do have a thread for *having fun with the Mods*

But anytime you want a hug......or want to drone on..... well you can PM me for the former and PM Shadow with the latter
        In that case, I apolgize for my joke post. I will only tease Sky and you on the favorute moderator thread. I asked this before and I still think its a valid question. Whats the best and worst part of being a mod.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          In that case, I apolgize for my joke post. I will only tease Sky and you on the favorute moderator thread. I asked this before and I still think its a valid question. Whats the best and worst part of being a mod.
          In a way the best and worst are the same thing. Meeting all the new people

its the best because you meet some really bright witty fun to talk with folks that want to not only talk about a show that you both enjoy but that you can be silly with. Have a bit of banter with and form some nice friendships with over time. I have made numerous friends here on GW that i wouldn't trade for anything

its the worst because you meet new folks that only want to stir up drama and trouble. They think it is funny to break rules and see how far they can go with something before they are gagged with moderation.

As a Moderator you end up seeing alot more of the *bad* things because you are handling *reported posts* from all over a huge forum. So you get to see just how petty, childish, snobbish and self-righteous folks in this world can be if allowed to hide behind a keyboard. That can make you a bit less tolerant over time I would think if you don't make a huge effort to NOT allow that to happen to yourself as a Moderator you can end up just not liking the very Forum you loved in the first place...... .

So in the end, its the best and its the worst all in one ...

Comment

What's the most stupid and nonsensical piece of hate mail you've gotten??
            Nothing is permanent in this wicked world. Not even our troubles.

Spoiler:
            Originally posted by ebethman
            Look to the last page to find one of those strange little posts that no one sees at the end of a page. They are a strange creature. Denied attention from other posts they banned together. By day they are simple, unassuming posts. By night, they solve crime. One of them is called frank. He likes marbles. He has twelve of them. Each has it's own unique binary code which is related to several characteristics. Size. Colour. Public speaking ability....
            Originally posted by Bray
            *Bray wins*

Sorry RM....Game OVER!

And eBeth....you're weird

Comment

Every now and again, someone who dislikes that we've deleted their post or edited their post PMs the lot of us and tells us that we've infringed their human rights and their freedom of speech and they are going to sue us all collectively and individually and GW will have to pay out, like, loads of money and have to fold...

Yeah, and I'm the grand high duchess of the moon.

We get e-mails accusing us of being 'power-hungry' for deleting their posts. It's always tempting to reply "no, not power hungry, seeing as we've already got the power to delete your posts: you mean 'power crazed', surely?" but it's best to ignore the insult and focus on the reason the post was deleted.

I always laugh at the ones which include phrases like "as a senior investment analyst, I can see that you are wrong to delete my post about Shep's hair" or "as the manager of a large mail order learning firm, I can state categorically that you are totally wrong to delete or edit my posts about hyperdrives"

As the grand high duchess of the moon, I can see that they're soooooo misguided.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post

I always laugh at the ones which include phrases like "as a senior investment analyst, I can see that you are wrong to delete my post about Shep's hair" or "as the manager of a large mail order learning firm, I can state categorically that you are totally wrong to delete or edit my posts about hyperdrives"

As the grand high duchess of the moon, I can see that they're soooooo misguided.
                You delete posts about THE HAIR!! Oh Maddie, how could you. And there was I thinking that you mods were always right, but that is just soooo wrong on soooooo many levels isn't that sacreligious? How will I cope with knowing that there are posts about Shep's hair floatig around cyberspace, unloved for ever?

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                  They would ALL Win

the Spoon would gently hold the Noodle whilst resting on the Paddle as they are all encased in a comforting Hug

We don't Battle
                  I assume the person holding the Spoon eats the Noddle, which was prepared and served on the Paddle while the hug is the hug of the lips closing and the teeth starting to crush it?
                  Signed,

Gregorius
                  Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                  Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
                    I assume the person holding the Spoon eats the Noddle, which was prepared and served on the Paddle while the hug is the hug of the lips closing and the teeth starting to crush it?
                    You should write a book with Peg

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                      Every now and again, someone who dislikes that we've deleted their post or edited their post PMs the lot of us and tells us that we've infringed their human rights and their freedom of speech and they are going to sue us all collectively and individually and GW will have to pay out, like, loads of money and have to fold...
                      Cool! I never knew people actually cared to heard of those things.

Yeah, and I'm the grand high duchess of the moon.
                      You mean, you aren't? You deceived me for all this time?!

We get e-mails accusing us of being 'power-hungry' for deleting their posts. It's always tempting to reply "no, not power hungry, seeing as we've already got the power to delete your posts: you mean 'power crazed', surely?" but it's best to ignore the insult and focus on the reason the post was deleted.
                      How many of such errors and how many of those PMs in general contain poor spelling, grammar and flawed assumption?

DId you also get things like: "As CEO of <x>" or "As a lawyer"?

They are?! Can't have that, thus I hereby pronounce you ....The Grand High Duchess of the Moon. All hail Madeleine, and may the Chocolate be with you allowing you to live long and prosper.
                      Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                        You should write a book with Peg
                        Semi off-topic: I actually wrote Fan Fiction, it's around on the forum somewhere named "The Chronicles of Stargate" with the "Gel Hell Saga" and "The Fellowship of the Rings". Now that I think of it, I really need to add a few chapters to those.
                        Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

I do occasionally get personalized hate mail. but the most dedicated person that didn't like me plastered her feelings all over several forums. Don't really know how many, because i only heard about it, i didn't go looking. But she didn't like me, didn't like the fact that I'd moderated her, so did her best to tell the whole internet just how horrible i was.

I found it slightly amusing.

but people like that are very few and far between. The vast majority of members do acknowledge that there's a reason i'm doing what I do. And people quite often, while they may not agree with what i've done, accept and respect it
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            but people like that are very few and far between. The vast majority of members do acknowledge that there's a reason i'm doing what I do. And people quite often, while they may not agree with what i've done, accept and respect it
                            They realise that you are pure evil....eeeevil I say, muwhahahaha!!!!

*puts shield on to protect from the noodle *

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              I do occasionally get personalized hate mail. but the most dedicated person that didn't like me plastered her feelings all over several forums. Don't really know how many, because i only heard about it, i didn't go looking. But she didn't like me, didn't like the fact that I'd moderated her, so did her best to tell the whole internet just how horrible i was. I found it slightly amusing.but people like that are very few and far between. The vast majority of members do acknowledge that there's a reason i'm doing what I do. And people quite often, while they may not agree with what i've done, accept and respect it
                              I find it very amusing?* that someone could hate a person so much with make you look bad at several Now that I'm done laughing, on to my next question. Is there a quota of how many hours a mod has to be on the forum in a week or month.
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Are there any particular times (late night, after new eps, during hiatuses, etc) when people are more likely to cause trouble? Or isn't there a pattern?

Comment

Working...
                                X