X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    I found it slightly amusing.
    I guess that pissed her off even more?

but people like that are very few and far between. The vast majority of members do acknowledge that there's a reason i'm doing what I do. And people quite often, while they may not agree with what i've done, accept and respect it
    As it should be, you were selected for a reason.

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
    Are there any particular times (late night, after new eps, during hiatuses, etc) when people are more likely to cause trouble? Or isn't there a pattern?
    I second that question and would like to add two:
    - Are it always the same people or groups who are causing trouble?
    - Should there ever be another Daniel vs Jonas type of war in the fandom, how would you deal with it?
    Signed,

Gregorius
    Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
    Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by ebethman View Post
      What's the most stupid and nonsensical piece of hate mail you've gotten??
      My favorite will always be that I can't possibly intelligent or have my own thoughts since I was not agreeing with what this member was saying

And that one was signed by a Computer Programming SENIOR analyst
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        I find it very amusing?* that someone could hate a person so much with make you look bad at several Now that I'm done laughing, on to my next question. Is there a quota of how many hours a mod has to be on the forum in a week or month.
        There isn't a schedule *set* if that is what you are asking. We all have *real lives* jobs, families, stuff...that comes first, but we all try to keep the coverage up whenever possible
        Are there any particular times (late night, after new eps, during hiatuses, etc) when people are more likely to cause trouble? Or isn't there a pattern?
        New Episode nights for any time zone if the show was controversial in any way... *world event wise* ship wise, character moment wise.

Hiatus can get a bit crazy if folks are too bored, trouble can ensue
        Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
        - Should there ever be another Daniel vs Jonas type of war in the fandom, how would you deal with it?
        It just depends on what is the *Hot Topic* of the moment. At one time the *Daniel* issue was it, then the Sam & Jack ship, Now SGA has come to the front with all of its different fandoms vying for the limelight.

I think it just comes in cycles and is the nature of fandom. As one thing dies down another rises up.

We have had some of the same type pf rivalry among fandoms already and we handle it by talking to to the folks both in open discussions in a dedicated thread and privately if anyone gets out of hand.

Skydiver and Mads (or Moon Goddess as she now like to be hailed as ) might be able to give better insight there
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

For the old-timers, which has been worse: the Daniel War or the Weir War?

Comment

Is there a quota of how many hours a mod has to be on the forum in a week or month.
            nope. people are here as they can be here

since the forum membership spans all the time zones, so do the 'hot' times.

There are a few times when places go to heck in a handbasket, such as when the show was cancelled, or when casting decisions are announced, or when events happen in an episode that are very polarizing. and in those cases, the time of upset is measured in days, not just hours

There are some that are more passionate than others and some individuals more prone to acting out than others. then again, the most even tempered person can be caught on a bad day and gets a bit out of sorts.

as to fandom wars, we'll deal with it as it happens. I can't really say that we have a plan, because we have no idea who will be involved or what it'd be about, so i have no idea how we'd respond
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

What she ^^^ said...see I knew her being *old* would come in handy on some days

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                What she ^^^ said...see I knew her being *old* would come in handy on some days
                Won't calling the head mod old get you in trouble. Were did Sky and Feil get their noodle and paddle names

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!
                (Maybe Darren is Santa and the mods are his elves)
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Won't calling the head mod old get you in trouble. Were did Sky and Feil get their noodle and paddle names

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!
                  (Maybe Darren is Santa and the mods are his elves)
                  Naw the worst she can do is *noodle* me and I wield a Spork so....... it would just be interesting to say the least

Sky and Feli would have to answer you other question though.

I think each person kind of selects their own *Tool of Discipline*

except me... I inadvertently stole mine out of Ship Mum's unsuspecting hands never realizing she wanted to use the Spork as her own.

and before you ask YES I apologized and YES she forgave me and let me keep it

Comment

Why does there seem to be an over-representation of the female gender in the mods department? Does it mean that women are more trustworthy and less prone to egomania or is Darren building his own harem?

Also how old is the average mod?
                    Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

Why does there seem to be an over-representation of the female gender in the mods department? Does it mean that women are more trustworthy and less prone to egomania or is Darren building his own harem?

Guys have a secret agenda too . Touché! You know they'll never answer. Women are picky about their age

Comment

the only reason there's more ladies than gents is that, by and large, the online fandom is more female than male. When we hire mods, we hire for attitude and ability before we look at gender

as to age, old enough to know better but not too old to try

sigpic

Comment

Isn't that the quote Meimei has on her profile?

And a question for Darren, if he ever reads this: Will the ever be an archieve containing archieved versions of GW?

Back to the mods: How many threads have been permanently moved to the trashbin?
                          Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

And a question for Darren, if he ever reads this: Will the ever be an archieve containing archieved versions of GW?
                            Past incarnations of the Web site? Nope. Closest you'll come is The Way-back Machine, and the memory thumbnails on the Site History page!
                            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

trashbinned threads

a LOT. But about 95% of them are spam. You know the 'buy a razor' or 'samples here...' or junk like that. Cause, most of our spammers, make 2-5 threads really fast before they bail. There have been a few that just weren't mergable or that needed to go away like the endless 'where can i find a download' threads. and a bare handful of irredeemable ones.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
                                You delete posts about THE HAIR!! Oh Maddie, how could you. And there was I thinking that you mods were always right, but that is just soooo wrong on soooooo many levels isn't that sacreligious? How will I cope with knowing that there are posts about Shep's hair floatig around cyberspace, unloved for ever?
                                Nonono. The post I've deleted is usually on the line of
                                Originally posted by culprit
                                Originally posted by nice poster
                                shep has lovely hair!
                                I agree.

I also think that Actor X has rubbish hair and Actor Y has a rubbish face and Actress Z has surely been dyeing her hair and I wonder how long till she has plastic surgery
                                It's just the PM afterwards that says that I deleted a post 'about shep's hair'

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
                                X