This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
    For me all my current "contacts" where the people that I had previously "friended/buddied" (in order to get the little + sign next to their name in the Who's Online thing on the front page) before the swap over to this new VB format.

Now I have no idea how you can get someone to be a contact rather than a friend other than to ask to friend them and they just ignore the request thus leaving them as a contact but it still puts the + by their name.

Other than that, there is no difference as far as I can tell. Other than contacts don't show up on your friends panel on your profile page.
    Thank you !

Comment

There's another easy way to add someone as a Contact . Click on a user profile .No need to go into the full profile.
      You'll see the drop down menu with :
      "View profile"
      "Send a private message to.."
      "See all posts by .."
      "Add ( User name) to my Contacts".
      Click that bottom option and you'll get taken to your controls panel's "Contacts & Friends" section.
      There you'll see a system message asking you to confirm "User name"
      as a Contact ,and also be able to tick a box to request them as a friend.

Takes less time to do than it took me to type this out ,lol !
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS View Post
        There's another easy way to add someone as a Contact . Click on a user profile .No need to go into the full profile.
        You'll see the drop down menu with :
        "View profile"
        "Send a private message to.."
        "See all posts by .."
        "Add ( User name) to my Contacts".
        Click that bottom option and you'll get taken to your controls panel's "Contacts & Friends" section.
        There you'll see a system message asking you to confirm "User name"
        as a Contact ,and also be able to tick a box to request them as a friend.

Takes less time to do than it took me to type this out ,lol !
        Why thank you!

I've never noticed that. Course I haven't really messed around to see what all the changes were.

Most of the people I had "friended" before the big change were all the moderators so I could see which ones were online in case I needed to pm one or something. So I really have no need for the contacts option anymore as they all transfered over to that with the change. But nice to know the option still exists.
        IMO always implied.

Comment

You're always so welcome !

I've been fiddling and futzing around enjoying myself way too much with all these new gadgets and options.

(Downside is that I'm still thick as a plank over adding albums ,and some of the other new things ,but I'll figure that out ,and there's no rush imo .I've never even bothered to make a sig ,so I'm happy to go slow .)
          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

how do you convert pictures to links when quoting

sorry the only thing i could find a help thing on

Comment

Remove the image tags ([img][/ img], without the space) from the ends of the URL when quoting. That'll preserve just the URL.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                Remove the image tags ([img][/ img], without the space) from the ends of the URL when quoting. That'll preserve just the URL.
                The problem is that when you quote you have an image and not BB code.

Comment

Sure you do. This post, for instance, gives me this (spoilered for size):

Spoiler:

...when I quote it.

Comment

You sure about that? I had this problem since the new rule was added about turning img in url. I always deleted them because I could not find a way.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Integrabyte; 31 May 2008, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Huh...well, didn't know that.

I guess it depends on which Internet browser you're using then.

Comment

thanks

Comment

Huh...well, didn't know that.

I guess it depends on which Internet browser you're using then.
                          I don't think so to be honest, cause I also use firefox, granted I am on a mac but still... I also have the code, maybe it is a setting on your control or so...

I didn't know to be honest that you could see the pic in quoting...

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                            I don't think so to be honest, cause I also use firefox, granted I am on a mac but still... I also have the code, maybe it is a setting on your control or so...

I didn't know to be honest that you could see the pic in quoting...
                            What do I do? What do I modify? I get the same with IEXPLORER. I thought everyone saw pics in quotes and not code and that people knew something in the editor I did not .

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                              What do I do? What do I modify? I get the same with IEXPLORER. I thought everyone saw pics in quotes and not code and that people knew something in the editor I did not .
                              I don't know what you do to be honest, i was just thinking it might be somewhere in your preferences or so especially since you have it in 2 browsers... it might be in your preferences on GW...

ETA: maybe go to your control, then edit options and then you have Miscellaneous Options... see what you chose there, i have standard editor
                              Last edited by RepliCartertje; 31 May 2008, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                                I don't know what you do to be honest, i was just thinking it might be somewhere in your preferences or so especially since you have it in 2 browsers... it might be in your preferences on GW...

ETA: maybe go to your control, then edit options and then you have Miscellaneous Options... see what you chose there, i have standard editor
                                I have advanced. I just changed between them and it is the same. Any other ideas?

Darren? Greg? Feeling like giving a helping hand?

Comment

Working...
                                X