X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread

Here is a spankin' new shipper thread!

[Mod edit -The rest of the thread has gone into the S/J Shipper Archive http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=2419

This thread is for positive discussion of S/J. (And also cookies, penguins, jello and stuff. But mainly S/J.) Anyone wanting more serious S/J discussion (where S/J is the only topic) should check out the Pro Sam/Jack Ship - Discussion Only thread http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=10397]

Let the ship discussions begin!!!

Sally
    Last edited by Skydiver; 21 September 2006, 06:25 PM.
    sally

sigpic

Here is a spankin' new shipper thread!

[Mod edit -The rest of the thread has gone into the S/J Shipper Archive http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=2419

This thread is for positive discussion of S/J. (And also cookies, penguins, jello and stuff. But mainly S/J.) Anyone wanting more serious S/J discussion (where S/J is the only topic) should check out the Pro Sam/Jack Ship - Discussion Only thread http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=10397]

Let the ship discussions begin!!!

Sally
    Last edited by Madeleine; 25 March 2005, 09:11 PM.
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Okay, I can hear what you're thinking. "Isn't there already a S/J ship thread?"
      Sure there is. It's a great thread. I love it and I owe it, and the ship family a lot. But I've noticed that a thread that used to be primarily the Shippertown Bakery, minibar and coffeehouse has been a lot like a courtroom. Not that there's anything wrong with being serious. But when you hear people getting scolded for saying a quick "Goodnight" to the ship fam, and it's considered OK to spend a whole page talking about leaving I say, we've lost sight of something. So this thread is about why we're really here. Sam and Jack. Supporting them, griping when necessary about TPTB, it's about love, and togetherness. I don't want to split the ship-family if I don't have to. And if nobody posts on this thread that's fine. I just wanted to try the idea of a thread where the main ideas are....

*No red rep.I know there's a good reason for it but this is a Shipper safe zone.I don't see any reason why it should be needed here.If you feel the need to reprimand someone post it, P/M it, or send them some green with the message. Example: Great humorous anecdote Melpomene but this is NOT the RDA thread!

*I don't have a problem with LIMITED and SANE Off Topic. I think it's easier to accept that it happens than complain about it all the time which makes people well....tense.

*Please no threats about leaving.You're not chained to the wall.If you like it here that makes me happy.but you can leave any time you want.Saying you're going to leave just hurts people's feelings.Long goodbye's suck.

Those are the ideas I had in starting this thread.And I know it's bad luck to end a thread with a list of "Don't's" So I'll just say.

I love S/J ship. If I didn't I wouldn't have started this thread.My hope for this thread is that it will be a safe haven for all shippers.Or that it will encourage The already existing Sam/Jack Ship Family Thread to be more like it used to be.If either of those things happen I'll be happy.And if it doesn't I'll still stick aound. Because I figure being a ship fan is all about faith. I beleive in Sam and Jack and the shipper family. And as long I believe I'll stick around. After all you never know when either group will turn up something worth seeing.

Comment

*Drags over sofa and sits*
        aawww feels like home!

Thanks for starting a new one Melpomene hopefully starting a new one well help
        SAM AND JACK FOREVER!!!!

Comment

Thank you for being the brave soul to start this thread-i do have a quick question that i will PM you with though.

Rosemary
          Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

waves hi

so if this is a resort, do we have some nice frou-frou drinks???? something pretty with fruit and an umbrella??
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                waves hi

so if this is a resort, do we have some nice frou-frou drinks???? something pretty with fruit and an umbrella??
                yeah man wheres the 'resort' part
                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                love Torri

Comment

hey there peoples

just dropping into say hi..

i m still posting in the other thread tho..
                  i m not sure if i am ready to depart with it..

but i see that some of my fave people are already posting here

whats hapening with Caty..i heard something about her leaving..
                  if this is true ...it is very upsetting

S AND J FOREVER

Lurve and shipper hugs
                  Bee
                  "Imagination is more important than knowledge"

sig by RepliCartertje
                  http://stargatesg1.com/QueenBee
                  http://www.myspace.com/madame_minx

Comment

Hi everyone. Melpomeme, I like the idea behind this thread. Hopefully it will be a wonderfully happy place, to frolic in the ship that is Sam & Jack.

I am a bit concerned though - all the S/J threads are really quiet tonight! Here's hoping it picks up soon.
                    sigpic

Comment

Hey guys!!

I love love the idea of this new thread. You're right melpomene, the classic thread was turning into a daytime court drama movie of the week Hang on, I love those movies! lol.

I also heart the sam/jack discussion ONLY thread. it's been a long while since i stepped into a thread, and saw some good long hearty discussion about the fate of our beloved ones.

Now, my only question at this minute is...since the classic thread had shipper cookies, and this thread is a resort, should we have shipper cocktails?? lol.
                      Last edited by Blaise; 24 March 2005, 05:59 PM.

~~Close To Crazy~~
                      Psychotic Kitten
                      'we can all read between the lines'

Comment

Hi. I'm rather new to this forum. I only just created a signin but I've been reading as a guest for some time. I don't get here often and there are always so many new messages, I'm sure I miss so much. I've tried to find the famous "Shipper Thread" but I haven't yet and it sounds like I probably don't want to. Anyway, enough about me...

I hope I do this right. Do I need to include spoiler alerts because I'm going to mention shows from season 8?

Just in case, SPOILERS for season 8, Threads and Mobius 1 follow.

I'm in the U.S. and cannot stand waiting for Mobius Part 2. Only 21 hours to go. I'm anxious to know what will happen with Jack and Sam. I guess if anything, it will be
                        Spoiler:
                        with the altered timeline Jack and Sam or maybe they'll get all tangled up and switch around
                        , oh I have to stop guessing and just wait.

I would like the writers to finally settle this with the real Jack and Sam. I get the impression they are afraid to bring it out because it will be the end of something, but I don't think it would be.

It seems to me that Jack
                        Spoiler:
                        has been so bitter this season. I do wonder if it is intentional because it is so constant. Except he wasn't bitter in Threads and Mobius 1. So maybe this is good news because that coincides with Sam breaking off with Pete. (Poor David DeLuise. He's such a sweetie and I think he was so brave to take on the role.)

I am wondering if it's me or if
                        Spoiler:
                        there was ship in Mobius 1 in the scene where Alt-Daniel and Alt-Sam go to see Alt-Jack on his boat. After Daniel introduced themselves, Jack stared at Sam for so long then when he looked at Daniel he actually sized him up and down before asking, "You two a couple?" And there was a sneer on his face when he said it as if he meant to add, "Because you sure don't deserve someone of her caliber." Oh I'm sure there are a billion ways to interpret all of that body language.

I have a lot of opinions (doesn't everyone?) about all of Stargate, not just Jack and Sam. But Jack and Sam are the most fun part for me. And if they both completely leave the show, I'll still watch it provided the writing stays decent, which sometimes it's been pretty close to awful. That's not completely fair because it can't be easy to write about a team that is scattered apart. Well, now I'm going off topic so I'll stop here.

Comment

I've thankfully missed a lot of the upset. I've loved the fun and family of the Shipper Thread. I have a suggestion-- feel free to ignore. Since you're trying to reclaim some of the old feeling, why not name this thread after a "real" place in Shipper Town. I just looked at the map and there is the "Playshipper Mansion" (conveniently located next to the Shipper Marina), The Happy Place, the Shipper Commune,... the Shipper Zoo.

Personally, I hope we can still salvage the old thread and not split the family, but whatever will be, will be.

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

M2
                            Spoiler:
                            the time line is soo confusing. Looking at jack, he looks confused too. But Sam was there to guide him

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen
                              Oh well, we got to see Sam and Jack snogging like hormone-driven teenagers at band camp, so I'm really not gonna complain too much! <Sniggle> [/spoil]
                              Warning: This is not a "happy, go-lucky", party post. "Venting" warnings in effect. Read at your own risk.

Sorry, but a slight correction:
                              Spoiler:
                              You got to see the AT Sam and Jack snogging. I'm trying to keep contained just how angry I am at this . . . that they could give us that but not a real kiss with *our* S&J.

I have definitely become fed up with TPTB, and especially JM. His comment acknowledging the ship (yeah, big surprise - how could he deny it?) is no big revelation, and I'm tired of being ignored and shafted by TPTB on the show. We were told to write, and we wrote, and it still got us nothing. Another AU kiss and bupkus otherwise. I don't care if we get a ten-minute bed scene with the real Jack and Sam in the last episode of season 9 - I won't be watching to see it.

I know, I know . . . it's just a TV show. <sigh>
                              - Mary
                              SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                              Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Working...
                              X