Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fast enough...it starts to download...that's the thing...I get as far as about 20% in and then it stops...and it did it with the Don Davis tribute too...and add to that the amount of trouble I've been having with GW anyway...I'm wondering if it's me or GW...is not happy!!!
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

If it was GW, their were would be a lot more people saying GW Play isn't loading. I think it is your computer. I had absolutely no problem with the Don S. Dais tribute
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

And yet I had no problem with the Amanda Tapping interview...The Phenomenon...I'll have to get my computer whizz kid friend over to tweak my puter...I still have no issues anywhere else but here...and I have heard a few people speaking of problems with GW...thank you for your help though!!
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I'm using an MSI branded video card which I got with my motherboard of the same brand. It's an Nvidia 8500GT 256 mb card but in windows XP it says I have 512mb memory with this card.... I don't know how they do this, but don't really care as it appears to be doing its job. There is some weird memory map nn the box but it doesn't explain much.

Anyway the thing I've noticed with this card is that it is exclusively a DVI output, or HDMI if I have a capable monitor. But when watching a few DVDs this week I noticed tha they're heaps brighter on this card then the old video card. I had to really fiddle to get it to do blacks properly as in scenes like space you could see the scene but it was slightly on the grey side, My old video card seemed to do this better, but the picture wasn't as bright as it is now. And heaps clearer when you do capture from DVD..

Anyway my movies seem to be ok now but just wondering if there's any other cards I might try in the future if I get sick of this one and the occasional fiddling I have to do to watch movies?

Board uses a PCI Express 16x slot for the card.
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Hello there! I'm trying to find out where I can get sunglasses like the ones Jack wears in the early seasons.
            Can anyone help me??

Comment

Their should be plenty on here about it, I know somewere there is a thread on SG1's apparel but it is quiet old maybe a few years but I know someone awnsered it.

Try the search function.
              if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

they're called julbo sunglasses

Comment

Since no one seems to be able to tell me how to take clips from DVD and put them on youtube what if I have a short on Photobucket that I would like to transfer over to Youtube can anyone help Please?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dragongirl View Post
                    Since no one seems to be able to tell me how to take clips from DVD and put them on youtube what if I have a short on Photobucket that I would like to transfer over to Youtube can anyone help Please?
                    I could tell you how to take clips from DVD, but from a legal standpoint I will desist. If you own the right to put such a clip up then a quick run on google will tell you how, you will need a couple of pieces of software to do so, and it probably won't be quick.

To take something from your Photobucket:
                    Copy the "direct link" url, remove "?action=view&current=", press return and Firefox/IE will ask you if you want to save it.

Comment

well in my defence what I am trying to upload from DVD is a video I made for a school project and is mine no one elses. and thanks for the info about clips from Photobucket
                      sigpic

Comment

well in my defence what I am trying to upload from DVD is a video I made for a school project and is mine no one elses. and thanks for the info about clips from Photobucket
                        Cool.

Comment

1. DVD films are encoded in VOB format.
                          2. You need to rip the dvd on your HDD using several codecs, DivX, Xvid, x.264, mpeg. Pick one. I advise DVD Decrypter to put an image of your disk on the HDD. Working from the HDD is faster than from the optical unit. After this you can re-code it with Gordian Knot or some other program.
                          3. After you do this, you will have a *.avi, *.xxx depending on the codec used.
                          4. Re-coding a DVD is a lengthy process if you do not have a very fast system.
                          5. The resulting file will be manipulated at your discretion with Movie Maker or whatever.

Goodluck .

Comment

Here watch this vid. Very easy to follow. Works perfectly Just remember to only rip one audio track from the DVD otherwise you will have sync issues with your avi file later.

Comment

Thanks for the help but the DVD wont play in my comp it plays in my DVD players but not in my comp DVD drive
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by smurf View Post
                                I could tell you how to take clips from DVD, but from a legal standpoint I will desist. If you own the right to put such a clip up
                                It's called Fair Use... look it up

Comment

Working...
                                X