Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of post counts, I've noticed a slight drop in mine. Has a thread been deleted or moved to Off-Topic? Not that I really care, just curious.
    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
      Speaking of post counts, I've noticed a slight drop in mine. Has a thread been deleted or moved to Off-Topic? Not that I really care, just curious.
      Most likely you're correct in your assumption. If a thread is deleted, your post count drops. If a thread is moved to Off-topic, all associated post counts of the posters in that thread will drop. Sometimes a Mod will "Hide" a thread, and that may also drop your post count temporarily.

Comment

Ah, that's what I thought. Thanks TechnoWraith.

Imagine if a member was closing in on a custom AV, only to see their post count drop by 50 or more? How sick would that be?

Comment

Imagine if a member was closing in on a custom AV, only to see their post count drop by 50 or more? How sick would that be?
          Yeah, that would really suck, think about it if they were just one away from that goal.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
            Yeah, that would really suck, think about it if they were just one away from that goal.
            Ouch! That would be too cruel.

Comment

yup and can you imgine what would happen if the mods get rid of the who should lead sg1 thread that been casing so many probelms

look at how much post count would be lost http://forum.gateworld.net/misc.php?...posted&t=24329

but i have a question if you reach custom avatar status like me then the mods delete a bunch of threads for what ever reason and i lost enough post count would i loose the custom avatar ability
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

A certain thread that has been yoyoing about between modland and the real world has seen some people drop several hundred - like 500 - posts!
                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Very. But the mods may allow that poster to keep his or her custom av privileges.

Comment

I have had that ! I lost more than 100 posts because mods moved some threads to forums where the count doesn't go up !
                    Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
                      yup and can you imgine what would happen if the mods get rid of the who should lead sg1 thread that been casing so many probelms

look at how much post count would be lost http://forum.gateworld.net/misc.php?...posted&t=24329

but i have a question if you reach custom avatar status like me then the mods delete a bunch of threads for what ever reason and i lost enough post count would i loose the custom avatar ability
                      I am 99% sure that I only had around 1900 posts when the bar for the custom avatar was raised and I still had the ability to have a custom av, so if it did happen then I would think that, whilst your post count would drop you would be able to keep the privilege.

This may not be 100% accurate, you would have to ask Darren.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds

Did they pull that thread again?! I don't pay all that much attention to my post count (I'm miles away from a custom av), but I thought my count yesterday was off--I thought I was at 1400+, but it barely showed 1300.

Edit: Huh. Back up to 1400+. I think my decision to stay away from that thread was a sound one!

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Yupp, they pulled it again and put it back out. I'm starting to think the mods are enjoying playing with people's post counts like that, bunch of troublemakers that they are..eh, Tame?

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                            Yupp, they pulled it again and put it back out. I'm starting to think the mods are enjoying playing with people's post counts like that, bunch of troublemakers that they are..eh, Tame?
                            The Mod's would never do such a thing...but now you mention Tame...I'm not so sure....

Comment

I have a question about the search feature.

Say I wanted to find posts that mentioned the Promie. Well, if I search for Premetheus-I get a list of all the threads which might have posts mentioning it. But how do I find the specific posts within the thread that have discussed that ship? (Or whatever it is I'm interested in?) Some of the threads come up with 50,000 plus replies.

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                                I have a question about the search feature.

Say I wanted to find posts that mentioned the Promie. Well, if I search for Premetheus-I get a list of all the threads which might have posts mentioning it. But how do I find the specific posts within the thread that have discussed that ship? (Or whatever it is I'm interested in?) Some of the threads come up with 50,000 plus replies.
                                You go "advanced" search and type key word as Prometheus. At the bottom left of the screen, you change it from "show results as threads" (the default) to "show results as posts" (which will bring them up as individual posts. You can then, on the right hand side, select which sub forums you want to search, or specific members, if you are thinking of a certain post or area.

Comment

Working...
                                X