This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WarrenEvans
    I will be turning my options to not show sigs.
    I did that. Even highspeed the pages were slow to load (for me at least). It is much faster since I did. I also get tired of seeing the sigs all the time. If I want to see their sig, I can click on the nmae and look at their profile.

Comment

Personally, I kinda wish they'd shrink the limits a bit since I find most sigs to be incredibly obnoxious, even when they're within the limits. One line of text in a reply and then a maxed out pic (or worse, animated ones) is NOT conducive to a good browsing environment, if you ask me. But then, that's why I have sigs turned off. It means I miss out on some of the cooler (and more reasonable) ones, but it's a small price to pay to be able to read a thread without constant interruptions.

Comment

The sigs are too big.

I've been a lurker for years and recently acquired a username.

I'd have started posting here long ago if it weren't for the fact that its so damn hard to differentiate between sigs and posts.

I'm sure all of you are quite used to deciphering posts but, I guess I just wish that I didn't have to go through Gateworld thread deciphering 101 just so I could read posts in the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Frakes
          The sigs are too big.

I've been a lurker for years and recently acquired a username.

I'd have started posting here long ago if it weren't for the fact that its so damn hard to differentiate between sigs and posts.

I'm sure all of you are quite used to deciphering posts but, I guess I just wish that I didn't have to go through Gateworld thread deciphering 101 just so I could read posts in the forum.
          If you go to 'my controls' and use the 'edit options', you can disable signatures. This way you'll never see them and can just read the post. I hope that helps.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
            If you go to 'my controls' and use the 'edit options', you can disable signatures. This way you'll never see them and can just read the post. I hope that helps.
            Yes, I was aware of that option. I just wish there was a healthy balance in sig parameters instead of having to resort to an all or nothing situation.

Comment

I think it would be best to take them down a notch in height to about 150 pixels, i believe thats more than enough to get a good sig without going too far, height is more important then the width as thats what can be annoying to scroll through.

Comment

What can you do....folks have the ability to have a sig or not. Folks have the ability to view sigs or not. I for one try hard not to break sig rules, and really don't like the idea of having the rules changed to accommodate folks who have slower connections, but want to hold on to the ability to view sigs.

Comment

Dial-up is a problem on GW even BB can be a slow load in the Thunks, maybe we need a thread option? Turn sigs off in this thread but not ALL threads, no idea if that could be done, sounds tricky to me.

When I was first here I turned pretty much ever image off because it took me 5 mins to open even text threads.

Reporting sigs that are too big is still the best way to get the forum pages to load better, I still encounter way too many sigs (including text sigs) that are in violation, so you know what I do. *well it's your own fault*

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
                    Reporting sigs that are too big is still the best way to get the forum pages to load better, I still encounter way too many sigs (including text sigs) that are in violation, so you know what I do. *well it's your own fault*
                    I'm keeping my word, I'm reporting all illegal sigs I see.
                    *wonders the reason he's doing it. Which is... (do I even have to tell ya what the actual reason is)*
                    sigpic

Comment

I've only ever reported one sig but that was because it was nearly 1mb in size lol, its a pity because it was a pretty cool sig.

I still think scrolling through them is usually the worst thing so changing the size in height to 150 pixels max would be a bit better.

Also its the over use of them, i usually leave mine on every time i post but perhaps it could be enforced to only allow sigs to be use once or twice on each page of a thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
                        Dial-up is a problem on GW even BB can be a slow load in the Thunks, maybe we need a thread option? Turn sigs off in this thread but not ALL threads, no idea if that could be done, sounds tricky to me.
                        sigs have nothing to do with why thunk threads are slow, it's the abundance of pictures, and to some, the over abundance

which is part and parcel of why the thread is a thunk thread, ya gotta have something to thunk over, but it's why me, as a poster, avoids the thunk threads. If there's something that needs to be modded, i'll certainly take care of it, but if i'm looking to kill time, i won't choose a thunk thread to look over
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Ok I know mine exceeds the limit, but further resizing my picture will make the link hardly visilble I think.

And the text is for a just cause....

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor
                            Ok I know mine exceeds the limit, but further resizing my picture will make the link hardly visilble I think.

And the text is for a just cause....
                            Actually, if you reduce the size of the font for the "Save the Alliance" part, you won't have too many issues.

Comment

Hey I thought I made the avatar 480x200, but now I remember 480x120 is the EA UK forum's limit.

How much pixels is a type 5 font?

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor
                                Hey I thought I made the avatar 480x200, but now I remember 480x120 is the EA UK forum's limit.

How many pixels is a type 5 font?
                                Reduce it to type 4 font and you'll be golden.
                                Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Working...
                                X