This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tiret
    I think I made my sister's sig a little too tall, so I'll have to correct that. I'm not worried about mine because I was going to shrink it anyway...it looks too prominent to me in the post. This is just my first experimental sig. But I was wondering, how do you people center your signatures? Is there a code command will do it, or is there some button that I've missed?

Also, is there a way to apply your sig to previous posts (I posted over a hundred times before I made my first signature) without going back and editing them all one by one?

Thanks a heap,
    Tiret.
    your sig is 98 pixels tall, so it's fine in that regard. it's also 700 pixels wide, so it fits within the rules, but you can't get it any wider.

and any change in your sig is retroactive. it will ch ange on all your old posts. the same with your avatar
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      any change in your sig is retroactive. it will ch ange on all your old posts. the same with your avatar
      That's what I thought, but last time I checked, my signature still wasn't showing on any of my old posts.
      Last edited by Tiret; 02 January 2006, 02:52 PM.

Comment

it takes time for stuff to filther through the system. we do have a million posts to work with
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          it takes time for stuff to filther through the system. we do have a million posts to work with
          Sure thing, no hurry!

Comment

But I was wondering, how do you people center your signatures? Is there a code command will do it, or is there some button that I've missed?
            you go [center ][img]http://ned.ucam.org/~sdh31/misc/geocide/current.png[ /img][/center]
            so it should look like
            or you can highlight the image code and press the center button thing like on word if ur on advanced mode
            EDIT
            it seems you figured it out anyway, ill leave this post for anyone that needs the code

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson
              you go [center ][img]http://ned.ucam.org/~sdh31/misc/geocide/current.png[ /img][/center]
              so it should look like
              or you can highlight the image code and press the center button thing like on word if ur on advanced mode
              EDIT
              it seems you figured it out anyway, ill leave this post for anyone that needs the code
              Yeah, I figured it out right after I posted that, actually.

But thanks!

Comment

I have another question...how does everybody rotate their signatures? Do they do that through the sites that host their pics or by a script command?

Comment

I use Random Image, but as of this post the sig you get from it don't work at the moment
                  sigpic

Comment

That's what I thought, but last time I checked, my signature still wasn't showing on any of my old posts.
                    Sorry I may have miss-understood from your first post on this but did you say you never had a sig when you first started posting? Did you tick the sig box anyway when posting because my understanding is that unless you did that your first posts without a sig will not include a sig. If you go back to one of your earlier post without a sig see if the box is ticked to include a sig. If not try edit and ticking the box and see what happens.

Sorry if I have the wrong end of the stick.

Yeah my Random images are not working ( I went back to a single one) and I don't know why because the site is OK. Is it GW?

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
                      Sorry I may have miss-understood from your first post on this but did you say you never had a sig when you first started posting?
                      Right, I didn't have a sig at first.
                      Did you tick the sig box anyway when posting because my understanding is that unless you did that your first posts without a sig will not include a sig. If you go back to one of your earlier post without a sig see if the box is ticked to include a sig. If not try edit and ticking the box and see what happens.
                      Yes, I went back to a few posts recently to see if the boxes were ticked and they weren't, so apparently I forgot to do that originally. Oh well, I'm not going to go back and edit them all by hand, so my first 90 posts or so will have to stay 'signature-less.'

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                        I use Random Image, but as of this post the sig you get from it don't work at the moment
                        So it looks like your random siggy is working again?

Comment

So it looks like your random siggy is working again?
                          and its all thanks to Qasim:
                          Originally posted by Qasim
                          Hmmmmm.....I wonder who would know the answer to that question

Well before the days of randomimage we used a php script and a free webhost:

You can get this php script from http://automaticlabs.com/products/rotator

Then make a folder called sigs put the php script and the image files into it

Then use [img] tags to link to the php file
                          sigpic

Comment

I know that I am the new guy here. But I fine that sig pictures take up to much room and that not everyone has High speed internet So loading a bunch of pictures everytime I what to look at a forum kinda sucks. LIke I said I am the new guy and I don't expect them to go away I just want you to know that not everyone likes them.

Btw I read this whole page and then typed this message and all the images are still loading.

I will be turning my options to not show sigs.
                            Last edited by WarrenEvans; 20 January 2006, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WarrenEvans
                              I know that I am the new guy here. But I fine that sig pictures take up to much room and that not everyone has High speed internet So loading a bunch of pictures everytime I what to look at a forum kinda sucks. LIke I said I am the new guy and I don't expect them to go away I just want you to know that not everyone likes them.
                              thats why there is a 50kb limit on sigs. But it must be really bad on dialup...

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson
                                thats why there is a 50kb limit on sigs. But it must be really bad on dialup...
                                On some things its not that bad then on others it almost locks up the system its SOOOO slow. Gods I miss my cable

Comment

Working...
                                X