Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks bagpus, ive tried to save as the pages and things like that but not working. I think only way to do it would be to do some kind of view all posts on one page and then print as pdf but prob still a darren job.

Thanks for looking though.
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

You're very welcome to any help I can offer,Tep!

No word back from Darren as yet,but he might be travelling/away given the time of year.

We used to have a text-only forum archve view at one point,and a printable option on threads,but either that's all gone in updates to vbulletin,or I'm too dense to find any of it.
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Post smilies should all be fixed!

Looks like vBulletin game them a bad file path after the last update, so they displayed correctly in the post editor but not in the post itself.
        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
          Post smilies should all be fixed!

Looks like vBulletin game them a bad file path after the last update, so they displayed correctly in the post editor but not in the post itself.
          Thank you.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
            Thanks bagpus, ive tried to save as the pages and things like that but not working. I think only way to do it would be to do some kind of view all posts on one page and then print as pdf but prob still a darren job.
            I could probably build you a robot to scrape pages for you and save them in a file or some such.

And when I say "could probably build", I actually mean I recently was a bit on the lazy side and build a robot to find a bunch of filenames in a really long xml-file. So, I'm assuming I could probably build something similar that would scrape the text from forum pages.

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Just a quick question: Has the main page of Gateworld always had a mobile version or is this a recent change?
              It’s just something I was wondering about, because it doesn’t look like the desktop version I’m use to. I’ll have to check on my iPad, if it’s that way, as it has a much older iOS, 10.3.3, then my Mom’s, which is 17.2.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

I haven't posted in years, but I was wondering if something would be possible is there a way to extract all posts from a thread/threads, in to a document or something? It would be great because I have realised that alot of my old posts/writing work would be lost forever if gw goes down for some reason..is this possible? The wayback machine doesn't really seem to work for gw so just wondering if there was an archive of some sort. Look at the 4 fleets threads specifically.

Thanks
                Tep
                Sounds like something that you could find in github, probably

Couple months ago I was looking for a way to save all pages from a website that cease to exist, find there a solution using Ruby (wich I'm really not that good lol)

Eventually I gave up and manually saved the pages as images

Comment

Thanks for looking though.
                  Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

I could probably build you a robot to scrape pages for you and save them in a file or some such.

And when I say "could probably build", I actually mean I recently was a bit on the lazy side and build a robot to find a bunch of filenames in a really long xml-file. So, I'm assuming I could probably build something similar that would scrape the text from forum pages.
                  Originally posted by YuriSGA View Post

Sounds like something that you could find in github, probably

Couple months ago I was looking for a way to save all pages from a website that cease to exist, find there a solution using Ruby (wich I'm really not that good lol)

Eventually I gave up and manually saved the pages as images
                  Hi again Tep.
                  Darren hasn't been able to come up with any forum/vbb based ways to save your posts - and I'm not able to give an informed opinion of whether FH or Yuri's ideas will work and let you save what you need.

Pretty laborious whatever you decide to do,but good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
                    Just a quick question: Has the main page of Gateworld always had a mobile version or is this a recent change?
                    It’s just something I was wondering about, because it doesn’t look like the desktop version I’m use to. I’ll have to check on my iPad, if it’s that way, as it has a much older iOS, 10.3.3, then my Mom’s, which is 17.2.
                    All new by the looks of the Main Site.No pics.Just a stripped down menu to scroll through for Mobile and Desktop.The articles/pics all seem to be visible and work fine for me.

Can others check it out too and see if you get the same view?
                    The Web's most complete, most updated Stargate news and reference guide! Stargate news, episode summaries and in-depth analyses, plus spoilers and info on upcoming episodes, photos, forums, The Stargate Omnipedia, and more!

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post

I've been getting a "mobile" version as well.
                      Can't switch to "desktop" option, it stays in the "mobile" version.

I thought it was a consequence of the downtime of last week (for I heard the forum was out-of-office for a wee bit).
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post

All new by the looks of the Main Site.No pics.Just a stripped down menu to scroll through for Mobile and Desktop.The articles/pics all seem to be visible and work fine for me.

Can others check it out too and see if you get the same view?
                        Same as Falcon Horus here, click in desktop version and nothing happens, although the url changes to https://www.gateworld.net/?wptouch_switch=desktop

Affects the main page and some pages, others open like they used to before the changes,such as https://www.gateworld.net/news/2023/...lub-exclusive/
                        and
                        https://www.gateworld.net/news/2023/...aunch-delayed/

Comment

It is not really major, I am just curious.

I clicked on 'WATCH ORDER!' up the top left of the forum and got taken somewhere (paralel universe?).
                          I tried to login using my login here, and it would not let me, or explain why.
                          So I tried registering, with the same result.
                          Just kept returning me to the login/signup page with no explaination of why or what I was doing wrong.

Is it my fault or a website/forum glitch?
                          http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

I've been getting a "mobile" version as well.
                            Can't switch to "desktop" option, it stays in the "mobile" version.

I thought it was a consequence of the downtime of last week (for I heard the forum was out-of-office for a wee bit).
                            Originally posted by YuriSGA View Post

Same as Falcon Horus here, click in desktop version and nothing happens, although the url changes to https://www.gateworld.net/?wptouch_switch=desktop

Affects the main page and some pages, others open like they used to before the changes,such as https://www.gateworld.net/news/2023/...lub-exclusive/
                            and
                            https://www.gateworld.net/news/2023/...aunch-delayed/
                            ​Thanks FH and Yuri for checking it out!

It seems to be a new thing rather than caused by the forum outages.The Main site format changed after all that.

Something to take to Darren.

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                              It is not really major, I am just curious.

I clicked on 'WATCH ORDER!' up the top left of the forum and got taken somewhere (paralel universe?).
                              I tried to login using my login here, and it would not let me, or explain why.
                              So I tried registering, with the same result.
                              Just kept returning me to the login/signup page with no explaination of why or what I was doing wrong.

Is it my fault or a website/forum glitch?
                              I'm wondering if you have malware/adware or something else on your device.That's the most common reason for weird redirects hijacking the page.

Do a full security check if you haven't already.

When I tried the link on desktop (in FF and Chrome) all I got was the correct article,but can others test it out and if possible screencap and post the site it connects to if it gets redirected please?
                              Looking to binge Stargate SG-1, Atlantis, Universe, and the rest of the franchise? Here are three options to fit your viewing habits!

Comment

Stargate Watch Order: Three Ways To Enjoy The Entire Franchise » GateWorld Clicking on this as a link gives me the page I am reporting

https://www.gateworld.net Clicking on this link is a different page (and looks like what I would expect to get)

Thanks Baggy for your prompt attention to my query​
                                http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Working...
                                X