This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F5H02on.gif
    Last edited by Who Knows; 20 August 2022, 07:17 PM. Reason: Wrong send. sorry
    http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

I'm learning to live with it... sorta...
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I am terrified to post anywhere right now....

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Page generated at 10:25AM (GMT+1) --> Server is too busy.

*waits a few seconds*

*hits refresh*

Page generated at 10:26AM (GMT+1) --> forum page displays normally

Comment

Today marks 1 full month since the GateWorld up/down "Server is busy" problems started. I take it there's no ideas on fixing it? I've stopped sending emails when the site is down, cause it's always the same message so I don't know what anyone would get out of it. But it is still going up and down on the regular. It can go down for minutes or hours.

Comment

The Server too busy popup effectively prevents the server transitioning from "busy" to "meltdown".

This has been an issue for us ever since we upgraded to VB5 from the previous major version, despite throwing huge chunks of hardware at the problem.

I've now disabled the popup after some software optimisations have gone in today - let me know if things are any better. These improvements have gone into both the forums & website today.

Comment

Well Greg, I know one swallow does not make it spring, but speaking quietly & with fingers & toes crossed, it seems to be OK now. OmuCQe7.gif
                http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Greg View Post
                  The Server too busy popup effectively prevents the server transitioning from "busy" to "meltdown".

This has been an issue for us ever since we upgraded to VB5 from the previous major version, despite throwing huge chunks of hardware at the problem.

I've now disabled the popup after some software optimisations have gone in today - let me know if things are any better. These improvements have gone into both the forums & website today.
                  So far so good for me

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                  "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                  "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

No problem here.

Comment

The past 24 hours have been good! I hope I didn't jinx it by saying that.

Thanks, Greg!!

Comment

I feel like we definitely jinxed it now.

But all is good here and when it's not, I have many more books to read so I can hold.

Comment

Quick question: Is this a new look for the news articles linked on the main page, because I don't remember them looking like that in the past?

GateworldPossibleIssue1.jpg

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Recent change that seems to show as a broad - spread in the main News items.
                            Also in SGA and SGU.
                            Not sure how many more sections,but nothing sinister.
                            Only downside is that the pics are blurred in some pages?
                            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

That looks like the "mobile" view of the main GW page

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                                Recent change that seems to show as a broad - spread in the main News items.
                                Also in SGA and SGU.
                                Not sure how many more sections,but nothing sinister.
                                Only downside is that the pics are blurred in some pages?
                                I just thought I would mention it, in case Darren was giving the page makeover and didn't get a chance to finish it, or hiccup or something happened to the pages. I didn't notice whether the pictures were blurry or not, but right under Back to top button, there are buttons for mobile and desktop. It seems like the mobile is selected because the button is blue, while the desktop button is white and clicking on it does nothing.

Edit: Not all of them are effected, as some of the articles are fine, like this one for example: https://www.gateworld.net/news/2022/...ld-activation/ and this one: https://www.gateworld.net/news/2022/...re-guest-list/.

Originally posted by Greg View Post
                                That looks like the "mobile" view of the main GW page
                                Thanks for mentioning that and getting the forum working again. I kind of figured VB was somewhat to blame for the Server Busy issue.
                                Last edited by planet_tv; 28 August 2022, 03:35 PM.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Working...
                                X