Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe, GW could get a Tumblr blog for such news and updates?
    No log in required there to read any posts, FB would work too but I know some people like to stay away as far from that as they can

Comment

I know very little about Tumblr.
      Hopefully Darren will swing by and read the posts in here and decide if he needs to start any more GW -related sites,or whether to post any outage updates on Insta,YouTube etc.With any luck,twitter will be normalised soon.

In the meantime - "down for everyone" and other similar sites are handy bookmarks to check out whether there's a general outage or not if any of us can't load the forum ,or see error codes.

https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/...et?proto=https

https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/...to=https&www=1

https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/scifistream.com
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I'm getting an odd bug/glitch-thing the last few times I was around.

I log in, check in with my subscribed threads but then when I want to post a reply, as soon as I hit 'post reply' GW asks me to re-enter my password. It's like in the blink of an eye, GW logged me out and I have to log back in to be able to post the reply I just typed logged in.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

In terms of where to have news updates for GW; a family member of mine suggested reddit, but they're undergoing some weird changes recently and I already rarely go there myself

Just a thought either way

*Offers Baggie and Lemming some toffee treats because its Caturday*

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
          "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
          "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            I'm getting an odd bug/glitch-thing the last few times I was around.

I log in, check in with my subscribed threads but then when I want to post a reply, as soon as I hit 'post reply' GW asks me to re-enter my password. It's like in the blink of an eye, GW logged me out and I have to log back in to be able to post the reply I just typed logged in.
            Usually that happens when the "Remember Me" box is unchecked,or the cookies have been disabled or cleared for the forum.
            Were you using your regular device and browser or a phone?

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
              In terms of where to have news updates for GW; a family member of mine suggested reddit, but they're undergoing some weird changes recently and I already rarely go there myself

Just a thought either way

*Offers Baggie and Lemming some toffee treats because its Caturday*
              Ooh sweeties!
              *Scoffs some toffee and leaves FH's share alone*

There's a bit about reddit in that BBC link I posted.Not altogether sure I understand their CEO ,but it's worth a read or re-read because the Beeb keep updating that article.

Comment

I read an article on a Danish news site yesterday that Reddit might stop being free. Anyone heard anything about that? I'm not on Reddit myself.

Comment

By what I read on the net ,this is about the API stuff, but that's aimed at the content providers.Reddit is just one example.

Those affected could shut down ,try to negotiate a lower price - or try to recoup their costs by bringing in paid subscriptions.

I think social media in general is going to just collapse if normal users start having to pay to access places where previously they could join and participate for free.

Flipside: pay to use a site = becoming a client ,and that opens a whole new set of issues.

Comment

Well...it isn't a rule ,more a case of restricting access to posts unless the blue check gets paid for,or push normal status users to ration their usage and resign themselves to seeing far fewer posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                      I think social media in general is going to just collapse if normal users start having to pay to access places where previously they could join and participate for free.
                      I agree with that. Also social media isn't creating the content, the users are.
                      Imagine having to pay $5 or $8 for each social media pr. month - they can forget about it.

Comment

When it comes to twitter, imposing a limit for non verified users of able to see 600 tweets is stupid, However Mastadon might work far better me thinks {with zero limits or API costs}

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
                          I agree with that. Also social media isn't creating the content, the users are.
                          Imagine having to pay $5 or $8 for each social media pr. month - they can forget about it.
                          Yup.Not the right time economically speaking to pay out for most of us!

That said I used to pay to get extra features and stuff on my Livejournal many moons ago til I got bored and left.

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                            When it comes to twitter, imposing a limit for non verified users of able to see 600 tweets is stupid, However Mastadon might work far better me thinks {with zero limits or API costs}
                            I think it's upped to 1000 tweets but I take your point! Really hoping once all this thing about API/monetising dies down,rationing posts will end.

Mastodon might be a good idea ,but there are other places to go for anyone who needs it."Threads" is upcoming too via instagram so that might be handy for anyone who feels like trying it out once there's more info.
                            (Not for me though.The end is nigh for me on social media,because it seems to be one pain after another to use happily.)

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post

(Not for me though. The end is nigh for me on social media, because it seems to be one pain after another to use happily.)

I hope you will still be here on Stargate to help us all out with our problems Baggy
                              http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Ah thanks!

Nah I'll be here till the end of GW.That's a promise!

Comment

Working...
                                X