• Show
Clear All

I could see Glau on SGU. She isn't that big of an actress
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      I could see Glau on SGU. She isn't that big of an actress
      Maybe not in the film industry! But for sci-fi TV she is quite big IMO. But yes, she isn't that big. She could play an alien! All Firefly guest stars on Stargate should plain an alien of some sorts! (Like Jewel Statie in Season 2 of SGA or Morena Baccarin in SG1 Season 10, plus there was Adam Baldwin in SG1 Season 7, but not as an alien!)

Do you really think David Tennant is too big a name to be on SGU? I wouldn't think he would be THAT big! At least not for TV outside the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
        Maybe not in the film industry! But for sci-fi TV she is quite big IMO. But yes, she isn't that big. She could play an alien! All Firefly guest stars on Stargate should plain an alien of some sorts! (Like Jewel Statie in Season 2 of SGA or Morena Baccarin in SG1 Season 10, plus there was Adam Baldwin in SG1 Season 7, but not as an alien!)

Do you really think David Tennant is too big a name to be on SGU? I wouldn't think he would be THAT big! At least not for TV outside the UK.
        Yes Glau is known in science fiction but as far as primetime tv goes she isn't very well. known enough that I see it being a major strain on SGU's budget.

David Tennant very much fills the same status as Robert Cartyle. Both actors not well known in the US but are huge names in the UK. Given how much Cartyle is paid for Rush I would say yes Tennant would be a drain for SGU
        Jelgate is right

Comment

How do you know how much RC is paid??

Comment

Please no Summer Glau, the woman is fast becoming to black widow of sci-fi tv.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
              shame, they didn't hire her for SGA S2
              Stolen Kosovo
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                Dollhouse was doomed from the start of Season 2, and it wasn't quite her fault that Firefly got canned either. Seriously, there are other culprits: Joss, any of the Mutant Enemy folks, Fox itself, a combination of the three...

Though if she shows up in SGU season 2 and it gets canned, then we can start the conspiracy talk...

Honestly, I've got a feeling both characters will be played by former SG vets. Then we can all go, "Hey, jeez Simeon and Ginn were Aris Boch on SG-1 and that blonde chick from The Game on SGA! Pfft... lazy casting people!" Yippie! Easy criticism!
                ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Think if any of the Firefly characters should have a role, I'd enjoy seeing Mal as a character. Heck he could even do the LA guy sorta. He was a pretty awesome bad guy in Buffy.

Comment

Think Nathan's gig on Castle will keep him pretty busy. Castle's great fun.

It would be nice if they cast against type but that's unlikely.

Comment

Hmm, Kristen Bell as Giinn would be pretty sweet.
                      Mia: Don't you hate that?
                      Vincent: Hate what?
                      Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
                      Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
                      Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
                      - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                        How do you know how much RC is paid??
                        I don't but its most likely given his status he is paid the most out of the rest of the actors.
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                          Oh. Good. Grief.

Can't we for once have a female character who is just average looking? How about an overweight nerd girl?
                          I see overweight nerd girls everyday on the street... What's so wrong with a bit of eyecandy on television? It's not like it's hurting anyone.
                          Mia: Don't you hate that?
                          Vincent: Hate what?
                          Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
                          Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
                          Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
                          - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by TBA View Post
                            Hmm, Kristen Bell as Giinn would be pretty sweet.
                            Kristen Bell would be sweet as anyone, she is a fantastic actor.

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
                            Think if any of the Firefly characters should have a role, I'd enjoy seeing Mal as a character. Heck he could even do the LA guy sorta. He was a pretty awesome bad guy in Buffy.

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                            shame, they didn't hire her for SGA S2

Comment

I've read the casting sides for Ginn. The scene is set on the Destiny in an interview room, and Ginn is talking with someone on the Destiny who is called "Darlene" in the sides, but that may just be an attempt to hide the true identity of the character in the scene with Ginn.

Ginn tells Darlene that Destiny is talked about in the legends of the Lucian Alliance as being the key to the laws of the universe (making people as powerful as gods), but until Telford told them that the Destiny was a ship, they didn't know what "Destiny" meant. That's why the Lucian Alliance wants the Destiny so badly.

Ginn also tells Darlene that the Lucian Alliance are warlords who took over her home planet, and that she was forced to join the Alliance to save her family. She tries to convince Darlene that she and some of the other members of the Lucian Alliance being held in the hold pose no danger to the crew of the Destiny. But she also says that she thinks that Earth doesn't have an exclusive right to what the Ancients left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by TBA View Post
                                I see overweight nerd girls everyday on the street... What's so wrong with a bit of eyecandy on television? It's not like it's hurting anyone.
                                And from that I assume you're not a woman.

Comment

Working...
                                X