New Recurring Character for Season 2 .SPOILER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    We are in the Stargate universe. Enemies cross over. It happened in Star Trek. It happened in BSG. It happened in B5. Never mind the other genres. I don't see why that Stargate is added to it what its suddenly lazy assed writing. I see it more as expansion
    Just because other shows did it doesn't make it any better.
    Later, AdamTM

I swear a lot, just take it as my attempt at honesty.

Stargate Atlantis Unlimited

Stargate Universe - BSG Style

Stargate Universe - Monk Style

SGU SUCKS

Comment

Originally posted by Rhoswen View Post
      Hi, everyone,

I don't know if most folks will remember me from a few months ago, but back then I posted spoilers for the second half of season 1 from casting scripts that I had read. I've read the casting script for the new character Simeon. It seems like either some character names have been changed to confuse us, or we meet a bunch of new characters on Destiny, or I just haven't been paying very close attention, because I don't recognize all of the characters that appear to be on Destiny in one of these scenes.

Simeon's casting script had 3 scenes. In the first scene, Simeon stops at a table where Jessica, Matt, and Carl are eating, says something to Jessica that she doesn't like, and everyone in the room, including guards watching Simeon, rush over to protect Jessica. Riggs shoves him up against a wall and tells Simeon that he's free to walk around, but no talking to his (Riggs') people.
      Who?

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
        Who?
        They have probably just changed the names so we wont know which characters are in the scene.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
          They have probably just changed the names so we wont know which characters are in the scene.
          It all seems rather daft to me.

Comment

Michael writes: “Mallozzi-san, Spoiler TV reported casting is underway for a 6-7 epiosde recurring villain named Simeon, a member of the Lucian Alliance. Is this true and any further comment?”

Answer: I checked and can confirm that, yes, it does appear to be true that a site is reporting casting is underway for that particular part.
            http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...pdate-mailbag/
            Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

Clever answer!

Comment

haha what a smartarse.
                Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamTM View Post
                  Thats not my point, i meant putting an LA baddie on the Destiny, which sounds contrived and lazy.
                  It feels out of place, just like the Pegasus Asgard, as awesome as their armor and appearance in the first part was, they were completely out of place in Pegasus.
                  And some factions are seriously overused, its like having the Enclave in Fallout as the constant bad guy, it gets dull after a while, no matter how awesome they were at first.
                  Were done with the Goa'uld, were done with the Replicators, were done with the NID and imo were done with the Lucian Alliance.
                  Yes, once every 2 seasons or something, were talking about a recurring, maybe even semi-permanent villain.
                  Also SGU does take place in the same UNIVERSE but not the same galaxy, or even cluster, or even supercluster of galaxies.
                  That there would be a badguy from our galaxy on the ship, feels out of place and contrived, it doesnt make any sense at all.

Its like going to mars and it turns out there is a lone terrorist there that was sent there to sabotage the ship in case his own people failed on earth.
                  Reminds me of the really stupid plot in the Lost In Space movie.
                  Spoiler:
                  It makes perfect sense in terms of what we've heard. The Lucian Alliance attacked Icarus for a reason, it wasn't random. It was a secret base that should not have been known about by them, yet they did know about it and their desire to either stop humanity from getting to the Destiny or to get there themselves is the cause of the current situation. We know they come back at the end of the series and somehow manage to achieve their goal of getting to the Destiny, and we should find out why they attacked Icarus in the first place (I'm hoping for some flashbacks to the battle to fill in some of the blanks, that would be cool). The fact that they manage to succeed in boarding the Destiny should mean that there will be some repercussions, i.e. some Lucian Alliance members left alive/imprisoned/whatever, I don't want an epic 4-part finale which gets forgotten about in the next episode. Point is, they wanted to be there from the start, it's not like the random terrorist thing you mentioned. And we don't even know if Simeon was on the Destiny from the start, or if he came with Kiva's incursion force (that's what I am betting).

I thought the Lucian Alliance were underused in SG-1, and their story certainly wasn't finished. It wasn't even fleshed out properly, we didn't see a terrible lot of them so there is loads of room to make them cooler (like introducing Rhona Mitra as their leader, for instance) and give them more direction in SGU, building them up as a lurking threat to the crew. Either way it's not like the Lucian Alliance are going to be the only enemy we have, we know for a fact that there is a cool new alien race in the first episode back, and we've already had the sand creature and those flying squids from Time. I don't see any problem with having some of the old as long as it's balanced well with the new. Also I find it hilarious that, on one side you have people complaining about it not being enough like the old Stargates, and then when an SG-1 element is played up, you have other people complaining that it should be more seperate. To be honest I think TPTB would do well to just ignore fandom from now on, and continue with the vision they had originally without the clashing input of different factions who feel they are entitled to shape the show the way they want it to be, no matter what the general, everyday viewer thinks.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    It makes perfect sense in terms of what we've heard. The Lucian Alliance attacked Icarus for a reason, it wasn't random. It was a secret base that should not have been known about by them, yet they did know about it and their desire to either stop humanity from getting to the Destiny or to get there themselves is the cause of the current situation. We know they come back at the end of the series and somehow manage to achieve their goal of getting to the Destiny, and we should find out why they attacked Icarus in the first place (I'm hoping for some flashbacks to the battle to fill in some of the blanks, that would be cool). The fact that they manage to succeed in boarding the Destiny should mean that there will be some repercussions, i.e. some Lucian Alliance members left alive/imprisoned/whatever, I don't want an epic 4-part finale which gets forgotten about in the next episode. Point is, they wanted to be there from the start, it's not like the random terrorist thing you mentioned. And we don't even know if Simeon was on the Destiny from the start, or if he came with Kiva's incursion force (that's what I am betting).
                    I didnt like that they brought in the LA on the first episode, again, out of place. No matter how much rationalization you are going to perform on this subject, and how much contrived stories the writers will come up with for it, its was a stupid idea from the start.

Spoiler:

I thought the Lucian Alliance were underused in SG-1, and their story certainly wasn't finished. It wasn't even fleshed out properly, we didn't see a terrible lot of them so there is loads of room to make them cooler (like introducing Rhona Mitra as their leader, for instance) and give them more direction in SGU, building them up as a lurking threat to the crew. Either way it's not like the Lucian Alliance are going to be the only enemy we have, we know for a fact that there is a cool new alien race in the first episode back, and we've already had the sand creature and those flying squids from Time. I don't see any problem with having some of the old as long as it's balanced well with the new.
                    I give you that, if they keep it balanced between the new enemies and the old ones I can sort of live with it, maybe.
                    The sand creature and the squids were not antagonists, they were monsters, so plx dont compare them to the Lucian Alliance, and for the new aliens, nobody knows anything about them, so your point is moot.
                    Right now the only antagonist is either a) Rush b)Young c)Telford. Telford is almost a cartoonish comical badguy, the only thing he needs to do in every scene is to twirl his evil-mustache.

"Nyyyyaaahahaha, I'm going to bonk Young's wife" *twirls*

Spoiler:

Also I find it hilarious that, on one side you have people complaining about it not being enough like the old Stargates, and then when an SG-1 element is played up, you have other people complaining that it should be more seperate. To be honest I think TPTB would do well to just ignore fandom from now on, and continue with the vision they had originally without the clashing input of different factions who feel they are entitled to shape the show the way they want it to be, no matter what the general, everyday viewer thinks.
                    You know what I find hilarious? People that immediately jump to conclusions.
                    Also bias, bias is hilarious.

If someone criticizes SGU they are immediately labled as an "oldschool SG1/SGA fan" that wants nothing more than to roll back the franchise to its roots. Funny, i get labled the same if i criticize DS9 and ST 2009, i get the "well at least it didnt have campy setpieces" response. And I am tired of this.

Its like you people arent even listening to what I'm saying, I know my english isnt the best, but ****, i dont speak turkish or DO I?!

You pumpkin heads need to point out that "why are you complaining about this SG1 did it too" as if that would shut me up, because if SG1 did it, and I liked SG1 then its ok if SGU does it, RIGHT GAIZ?!

Seriously though Mr....SGFerret..Fee..Ferrriite...Ferrit, you only wrote this paragraph because you dont have anything to criticize on the show, you agree with it and therefore you find it "hilarious" that I don't.
                    Now, thats bias, and its really funny, because, you know, if you wouldnt agree with certain aspects of the show, you would be here with me, on my side, bashing the Squeedrones like you are one yourself.

On a sidenote, i actually agree TPTB should "shape the show the way they want it to be, no matter what the general, everyday viewer thinks." because then they would kill the ratings, and SGU would be over.... making me the victor!
                    Later, AdamTM

I swear a lot, just take it as my attempt at honesty.

Stargate Atlantis Unlimited

Stargate Universe - BSG Style

Stargate Universe - Monk Style

SGU SUCKS

Comment

I didnt like that they brought in the LA on the first episode, again, out of place. No matter how much rationalization you are going to perform on this subject, and how much contrived stories the writers will come up with for it, its was a stupid idea from the start.
                      You thought it was a stupid idea. I disagree, and there are others who do too. A Milky Way enemy of Earth attacking an Earth base doesn't seem too stupid to me. Then you have the general viewer, who really won't care.

I give you that, if they keep it balanced between the new enemies and the old ones I can sort of live with it, maybe.
                      The sand creature and the squids were not antagonists, they were monsters, so plx dont compare them to the Lucian Alliance, and for the new aliens, nobody knows anything about them, so your point is moot.
                      Right now the only antagonist is either a) Rush b)Young c)Telford. Telford is almost a cartoonish comical badguy, the only thing he needs to do in every scene is to twirl his evil-mustache.

"Nyyyyaaahahaha, I'm going to bonk Young's wife" *twirls*
                      Do not expect an alien bad-guy like the Wraith or the Goauld. There will be aliens, but they will not be campy, cliched English speakers. The Sand creature and the squids ARE the new type of enemy, aliens who we don't understand and may have to come up with less conventional means to deal with. Continuing the Lucian Alliance storyline from the pilot is just another layer of the story, adding in a bit of SG-1 in the process and allowing a change of pace from the more alien-aliens of these new galaxies. It'll add more tension IMO and be a good way to continue/resolve the story from the pilot.

You know what I find hilarious? People that immediately jump to conclusions.
                      Also bias, bias is hilarious.

If someone criticizes SGU they are immediately labled as an "oldschool SG1/SGA fan" that wants nothing more than to roll back the franchise to its roots. Funny, i get labled the same if i criticize DS9 and ST 2009, i get the "well at least it didnt have campy setpieces" response. And I am tired of this.

Its like you people arent even listening to what I'm saying, I know my english isnt the best, but ****, i dont speak turkish or DO I?!

You pumpkin heads need to point out that "why are you complaining about this SG1 did it too" as if that would shut me up, because if SG1 did it, and I liked SG1 then its ok if SGU does it, RIGHT GAIZ?!

Seriously though Mr....SGFerret..Fee..Ferrriite...Ferrit, you only wrote this paragraph because you dont have anything to criticize on the show, you agree with it and therefore you find it "hilarious" that I don't.
                      Now, thats bias, and its really funny, because, you know, if you wouldnt agree with certain aspects of the show, you would be here with me, on my side, bashing the Squeedrones like you are one yourself.

On a sidenote, i actually agree TPTB should "shape the show the way they want it to be, no matter what the general, everyday viewer thinks." because then they would kill the ratings, and SGU would be over.... making me the victor!
                      Firstly, if you're going to act like that I'm not even going to bother with you anymore, so please grow up and cut it out. You sound a bit like a baby chucking it's toys out of it's pram.

Secondly, for someone who finds people who jump to conclusions hilarious, you might want to have a good laugh at yourself for this one:

you only wrote this paragraph because you dont have anything to criticize on the show
                      For your information, I don't think the shows perfect. I do enjoy it, a lot, and I'm entitled to do that. There's been parts and episodes that I've been disappointed with though, Water disappointed me for example, and I said as much when it came out.

Comment

Do not expect an alien bad-guy like the Wraith or the Goauld. There will be aliens, but they will not be campy, cliched English speakers. The Sand creature and the squids ARE the new type of enemy, aliens who we don't understand and may have to come up with less conventional means to deal with.
                        What's next? Fog aliens? I prefer aliens to have some complexity and more depth (even more so than the goauld and the wraith) and for that we need to be able to communicate with them...eventually.
                        Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                          What's next? Fog aliens? I prefer aliens to have some complexity and more depth (even more so than the goauld and the wraith) and for that we need to be able to communicate with them...eventually.
                          The key is eventually. It would be kind of fun to us not understand them at all. Make them a mystery and we slowly learn more about them
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

I'd say the sand alien had depth. We didn't even know it was an alien at first. It was capable of both knowingly helping and hindering. It showed TJ a weird face, and copied Matt's face when it was above him. The fact that we couldn't communicate with it and didn't know what it wanted straight off the bat (i.e. I want to enslave you, I want to eat you) made things even more interesting IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              The key is eventually. It would be kind of fun to us not understand them at all. Make them a mystery and we slowly learn more about them
                              This could be one interesting storyline.
                              Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

"squeedrones". I liked that.

Just goes to show, squee goes with everything!
                                Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                                Yes, I am!
                                sigpic
                                Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                                Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Working...
                                X