Waiting 4 months is gonna suck...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Because that's the most likely course of events.

And I'm Santa Claus.
    Santa doesn't exist. DigiFluid claims to be Santa Claus. Thus, DigiFluid doesn't exist.

Spoiler:
    For I am... DEDUCTION MAN!
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
      Santa doesn't exist. DigiFluid claims to be Santa Claus. Thus, DigiFluid doesn't exist.

Spoiler:
      Perfect logic
      no means no, and so does pepper spray
      Sig by The Carpenter
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post

Spoiler:
        Oh dear, I hadn't thought of that.

/promptly vanishes in a puff of logic
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The only reason that I hate the mid season break. We have to wait so long for the best show to return!!
          MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
          MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
          POLARIS TORONTO 2007
          CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
          GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
          VCON VANCOUVER 2010
          FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Probably not but most of the copyright infringement court cases I read about the I harm no on or I buy the DVDs defense doesn't fair well against the prosecution
            Only people who fileshare extensively and if so, people who make illegal downloads available to others ever get prosecuted. I'm talking about downloading thousands of movies/TV episodes/songs/etc. a year/every 6 months/month or whatever and also sharing it with others.

I'm but a small illegal downloader. I watch 7 TV shows at the moment, all of them through illegal downloading (2 of them are not aired in Sweden, 5 of them air on channels I subscribe to). No one's going to arrest me for that. And I will never go to court for it.

I'll tell you this: I can't even download Stargate legally where I live iTunes Sweden does not carry the show.

The studios have made their horrible decisions on how to handle distribution and online licensing. I'm not waiting 6 months to years to watch my favorite shows' new episodes just because there's no practical legal way for me to watch them legally.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              Oh dear, I hadn't thought of that.

/promptly vanishes in a puff of logic
              DEDUCTION MAN strikes again! Striking logic in the hearts and minds of his fellow keyboard crusaders, undoing the rights and wrongs of the world by cold, hard, logic.
              ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

So after the episode aired on sky1, all that was said was, is that it will be back in the new year.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                  A petty crime. A crime in which no one gets hurt. A crime that's not actually a crime since I am paying for what I partake in.

Also, chewing gum is a crime in Singapore. There are crimes and then there are crimes.
                  If you walk into a store and steal something, then go back later and pay for it, you are still a thief. SO what is the difference here? You go to a site to download something, then legally buy it later. The fact you bought it does not make your illegally downloading it right.

The high and mighty attitudes of those who do not have to wait months to watch Stargate is palpable on these forums and it is annoying.
                  When i was deployed on ship, i had to wait a HELL OF A LOT longer than a few months to see stuff you all got to watch. Did i download from an illegal site? NO I WAITED. It is called having patience.

If you dislike illegal downloads, then fine, don't partake in them. But don't get into my face about it, because that's just rude.
                  How is it rude to get in the face of someone who not only willfully admits to doing wrong, but has no remorse for it?

If you dislike illegal downloads, then fine, don't partake in them. But don't get into my face about it, because that's just rude.
                  So you admit you have no patience, and therefore break the law cause you cannot wait.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    How is it rude to get in the face of someone who not only willfully admits to doing wrong, but has no remorse for it?
                    Perhaps you've heard of 'minding one's own business'? Or at the very least, 'civil discussion'?
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

according to sidereal, SyFy will be airing the next episode of sgu this friday the 11th

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        If you walk into a store and steal something, then go back later and pay for it, you are still a thief. SO what is the difference here? You go to a site to download something, then legally buy it later. The fact you bought it does not make your illegally downloading it right.
                        It is not as minor as you think Piracy funds organised crime so it is not Petty crime at all

Now back to subject.

I haven't read most of the thread (too scared of spoilers).
                        I think rush will use the power source of that ship to jump ahead of destiny.
                        He is too clever a man to not know that confrontation was coming with Young and will have been prepared and he is calculating enough for this to all be part of his plan to undermine Young.
                        I think he will have a pad with destiny's course on it because I think he has had much more access to the ship than anyone else knows.

Comment

Oh did I also mention that I think Rush might be a goa'uld, convenient wasn't it that three Motherships attacked when the project was scrubbed making rush have to Dial destiny

Comment

Originally posted by Discodave2009 View Post
                            It is not as minor as you think Piracy funds organised crime so it is not Petty crime at all
                            Yes, downloading something for free = handing Michael Corleone a $50

Comment

You can't really compare illegal downloading to stealing from a store...
                              He's not costing anyone money ( talking about DLing SGU only, nothing else). The show won't be available for him to see for years to come. So what's the big crime in it if there is no loss to anyone for said action? The show is just out so there are no DVDs for sale and since it doesn't air in his country there are no ratings for him. Why should he be forced to wait for years if no one suffers from him not waiting?
                              Death before dishonour.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumSource View Post
                                according to sidereal, SyFy will be airing the next episode of sgu this friday the 11th
                                You mean the episode "Space"?

Comment

Working...
                                X