Waiting 4 months is gonna suck...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
    Yeah, I mean your (Osiristi's) country dubs Pikachu as "Pikatsu" for no reason!
    no means no, and so does pepper spray
    Sig by The Carpenter
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
      There's this show called Pokémon based on the videogames of the same name. In that show, there's a "character" called Pikachu, whose name is pronounced as "Pi-ka-chu" (chu as in "choo-choo" only with an "u"). In Finland, the character has been unceremoniously renamed "Pikatsu" (or however they spell it), pronounced "Pi-ka-tsu" with a noticable "t" (like in "Tsunami", depending on how where you're from).

Comment

I get Syfy wants to have a year round of programming. But, come January/Febuary when Caprica debuts, why wait until after that airs? Caprica will obviously be aired in a later time anyways, so there they could have for a short time two of their premier shows airing together (remember the old Friday nights that everyone loved, well everyone except Syfy channel?). What I do know is that for some time people have simply continued viewing via downloads while Syfy takes a break.

Sure not everyone knows how to do this, but....consider that the target audience for Scifi shows usually tends to attract a lot of tech geeks and nerds who know every available means. Not like the demo for torrents is the 60+, more like the 14-24 (who happen to watch these type of shows). Golden Girls, I would not worry about torrents there. I know that people still have to have a Nielson box for this to hurt the ratings, but how many in the Nielson sampling includes young people who do download? I think what is more likely hurting is not just the downloads themselves, but as more and more people begin to purchase HD TV's (LCD and Plasma) which can connect directly to a PC and present these shows commercial free in quality that rivals OTA. I know a few people in my life who have long since stopped watching OTA shows in favor of download/online for this reason. I know a few who no longer subscribe to their cable or satellite services for this reason.

Even if this has absolutely zero effect on ratings, it still is a slap in the face to the viewers. I think ABC got it right with Lost after a while, and FOX with 24. Just air the bleeping episodes straight through for bleeping sakes you sons of bleeps.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradoxum View Post
          what is this mysterious ship we are talking about from Air part III ? I don't remember anything like that
          In the very last scene they did a pan out from the ship, and a little bug like ship disengaged and flew off, it was about a 2 second scene, so if you'd blinked sloooowly you'd have missed it.

@SBN the only reason we still pay for cable is that the Mrs would probably skin me if she couldn't watch her multiple Miss Marple repeats, I "watch" SG:U, FF and other (read the box is on on the right channel) so that I get added to the numbers (over here the boxes monitor what you watch and can report back if you've watched a program if the channel want that info), but I also download them a few days before and watch them at my leisure in quality better than the network broadcast.

Comment

So which country will get the 2nd half of the season first? Canada or the UK? Because I doubt both of them will wait 4 months, like Skiffy.

I download illegally. I buy the DVD boxes, Sweden hasn't even begun airing the show yet (AFAIK), I already subscribe to the channel which will air it and I don't own the Swedish equivalent to a Nielsen box so it's not like it'll hurt their ratings if I don't watch their 6 month late broadcast of SGU, anyway.

It is my opinion that anyone who is in the same position as me should download illegally. You're already paying for the thing you're downloading and you're not hurting the network(s) in question in any way and the only thing that'll happen if you wait is that you'll have to wait.
            So just cause you don't count for rating purposes means it is ok to commit a crime?? Interesting

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              So just cause you don't count for rating purposes means it is ok to commit a crime?? Interesting
              A petty crime. A crime in which no one gets hurt. A crime that's not actually a crime since I am paying for what I partake in.

Also, chewing gum is a crime in Singapore. There are crimes and then there are crimes.

Comment

A petty crime. A crime in which no one gets hurt. A crime that's not actually a crime since I am paying for what I partake in.

Also, chewing gum is a crime in Singapore. There are crimes and then there are crimes.
                Somehow I doubt that defense will hold up in court
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

To update, I got the same response in email. "Returning in the new year" so no exact dates. shame.

Comment

Originally posted by Automission View Post
                    To update, I got the same response in email. "Returning in the new year" so no exact dates. shame.
                    I know tonight is the night the UK airs the new episode so I would check to see if their is a promo for the return of SGU. Furthermore if they still say the new year then chances are its a few months away
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

We don't actually get promos in the UK. After shows like Stargate or lost, there are no "next time, on "Show name"" It just rolls the credits and ends. I honestly prefer it, as promos give away so many surprises.

Mind you, the adverts give enough anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        Yah. Because clearly the police are going to storm my house because I download Stargate Universe while already subscribing to the channel which will air it in Sweden in a few months. And, clearly, downloading a few TV shows for personal use will land me in court (petty crimes will result in fines, not court trials, unless one chooses to contest the fines).

The high and mighty attitudes of those who do not have to wait months to watch Stargate is palpable on these forums and it is annoying. Yeah, sure. You can watch the shows air live on SyFy. Good for you! Meanwhile, when I started downloading Stargate (and buying the DVD boxes), Sweden wasn't even airing Stargate (at all)! They'd gotten as far as season 1 (aired twice, with several years inbetween them), with the latest airing being years before when I started downloading the show.

In fact, I started buying DVD boxes even before the Stargates started being aired in Sweden again. So MGM made money off of me without Stargate even being available to us Swedes!

If you dislike illegal downloads, then fine, don't partake in them. But don't get into my face about it, because that's just rude.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          Because that's the most likely course of events.

And I'm Santa Claus.
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post

And I'm Santa Claus.
                            Santa, can you make them air the 2nd half of Universe in January?

Comment

Santa, can you make them air the 2nd half of Universe in January?
                              I believe Santa will give you coal in your stocking instead.
                              no means no, and so does pepper spray
                              Sig by The Carpenter
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                                Probably not but most of the copyright infringement court cases I read about the I harm no on or I buy the DVDs defense doesn't fair well against the prosecution
                                And I'm Santa Claus.
                                I'd like a SGU 1.0 DVD for Christmas signed by the main cast
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X