Waiting 4 months is gonna suck...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Otarush View Post
    If it resumes on Space earlier than on Syfy, Space puts its episodes on its website, right, locked by country? I can work with that. Otherwise... 4 months is going to be painful. Not as bad as the break between full seasons when the halves air back-to-back, and it puts S1 and S2 closer together, but still...
    That will not hurt the U.S. airings. The torrents will. I think if the rumor is true MGM made that deal not knowing how the public reaction would be for SGU & that type of decision will no doubt hurt the ratings badly with bad word of mouth months before coming back

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
      That will not hurt the U.S. airings. The torrents will. I think if the rumor is true MGM made that deal not knowing how the public reaction would be for SGU & that type of decision will no doubt hurt the ratings badly with bad word of mouth months before coming back
      The Torrents are not going to hurt the ratings. The show taking a break and resuming in April could likely hurt the ratings.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
        The Torrents are not going to hurt the ratings. The show taking a break and resuming in April could likely hurt the ratings.
        If any 2nd half episode sucks really bad word will spread like wild fire due to people downloading it & people will just choose not to watch it. Anyone that will wants to see the new episodes will just download the torrents & there will be a very small minority who waits & watches it the right away. If episodes suck then PEOPLE WILL KNOW if fans make a loud enough noise. Torrents will one way or another hurt the return

Comment

Originally posted by Otarush View Post
          If it resumes on Space earlier than on Syfy, Space puts its episodes on its website, right, locked by country? I can work with that. Otherwise... 4 months is going to be painful. Not as bad as the break between full seasons when the halves air back-to-back, and it puts S1 and S2 closer together, but still...
          Well there are enough ways to get around that *evil smile*

Comment

Originally posted by RJLCyberPunk View Post
            4 months! That long? That is so unfair, we have to actually wait until next year's summer!
            come on, what's the Rush ?

Spoiler:
            couldn't pass this one up

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
              If any 2nd half episode sucks really bad word will spread like wild fire due to people downloading it & people will just choose not to watch it. Anyone that will wants to see the new episodes will just download the torrents & there will be a very small minority who waits & watches it the right away. If episodes suck then PEOPLE WILL KNOW if fans make a loud enough noise. Torrents will one way or another hurt the return
              How many people know even how to download a torrent let alone check an e-mail? Not everyone is computer smart.

Also, how many people who actually watch the show come on-line to complain or praise about the show? If the internet fandom followed the trend to the show performance nationally, it would be doomed.

When the small group of folks here cheered when Atlantis fell to a 0.9 rating for a couple of eps in Season 4 and said because the show sucks, it then sky-rocketed to a 1.8 HH rating for the season 4 finale. So I take feedback on this internet fandom very lightly since it makes up such a small portion of the total viewers watching the show. Negative feedback is not going to really spread to all those viewers.
              sigpic

Comment

OK I have a a few ideas on what might happen, but before I get into that I want to voice my opinion about who the aliens might be. The story is still kind of open as far as the Asgard go. we know that at least one of the Asgard from the lost tribe in Atlantis survived the destruction of Janus' base. Also we know that the milky way nor Pegasus is their home galaxy, if I remember correctly the sg1 Asgard lived in the galaxy of Ida, and who knows if that was their original galaxy. The suits on the destiny are almost identical looking to the battle armor that the Asgard used in S5 of Atlantis. I think its possible that this lost tribe of Asgard, or maybe even an older (humanoid form mentioned in season 5 of SG1) have been on destiny, and in fact are the aliens who we are going to see and who have been piloting the small craft we saw in Air p3. Allusions to the Asgard have not gone unnoticed, and I think that's why.

NOW on to what might happen with rush.

1. We know that given enough power a gate even as far way as earth can cause the ship to stop and get the incoming worm hole. It stands to reason that this power requirement is based on distance. perhaps the gate where rush is can't dial destiny by it self, but I think rush will attempt to get the ship open and hook up its power supply to get the destiny to stop so a connection can be made. What happens from there I'm not sure.

2. Rush will continue to try to get into that ship. what he finds will determine what he does. If he finds an alien (I hope Asgard) they will work together to save them selves. if the ship is empty will attempt to fix or use equipment from it. Doubt full he will get the ship to fly. but there is probably tech or information on board that will help him. Its almost certain that he will get back onto destiny somehow.

3. I have no clue what will happen with the fat guy who sat in the chair, most likely he will regain consciousness and have some info that will help the destiny crew, not sure if that will play into rush's story. To date we know of only one race that can remove the anchinet info from a human brain, and thats the Asgard, so I'd bet that the aliens are Asgard and that they save him.

4 Side Note. If the aliens are Asgard, rush or someone on destiny could make a pact with them for them to access the SG1 Asgard knowledge base via the use of the communication stones. Its possible that the Asgard we meet will be a separate sect so they may be incredibly thankful to have the opportunity to learn from their lost cousins.

Comment

Originally posted by Gallienus View Post
                  I want to point out that as a person who watched Battlestar Galactica throughout its run a four month break is nothing to worry about. Consider that between Season 3 and 4 of BSG the show was on hiatus between March 25 2007 and April 4 2008 in the US, not counting the one-off "Razor" movie that represented the first two Episodes of BSG's fourth season. And that wasn't the only mega-break with which viewers of BSG had to contend, there was, for example, a seven month hiatus between the End of Season 2 in March 06 and the start of Season 3 in October 06. Guess I just wanted to put the four month break in perspective. My only irritation is that the purported replacement for SGU in the 9pm Friday time slot is Caprica. Most unfortunate.
                  +1 I agree - I'm well adjusted to waits like that now. It gets easier the more that is around to rewatch though!
                  sigpic
                  Save Mallozzi's Mailbag!

Comment

okay. new here. signed up to just say... at least you don't live in Australia. SGU premieres on Dec 14th with Air pt 1. I also don't have high hopes with the network it's on or the viewing public of Australia. no offence fellow aussies but our track record is not good. anything that is remotely sci-fi or fantasy seems to get shoved into later and later timeslots until it's canned.

fortunately i took some initiative and have already seen all 10 episodes of S1.

thank the ancients!!!! <please check out our rules about discussing/admitting to illegal downloading>

Comment

Originally posted by itriedtowarnyou View Post
                      okay. new here. signed up to just say... at least you don't live in Australia. SGU premieres on Dec 14th with Air pt 1. I also don't have high hopes with the network it's on or the viewing public of Australia. no offence fellow aussies but our track record is not good. anything that is remotely sci-fi or fantasy seems to get shoved into later and later timeslots until it's canned.

fortunately i took some initiative and have already seen all 10 episodes of S1.

thank the ancients!!!! <please check out our rules about discussing/admitting to illegal downloading>
                      I agree. When I saw that SGU was going to be on 10 I was not happy.
                      Prime barely made it work, 10 certainly can't. Just look at what's happened to every other sci-fi show that's aired on it. People watch 10 for crime and reality shows.
                      Ah well, I'll be buying the DVDs anyway.

Comment

Irish here, wonder if we'll have to wait that long aswell. Lets hope it's worthit.

'Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become'.

Comment

Now, how about if Rush scavenges bits of tech and supplies from the downed ship and, with his own technology (I assume he'd at least have a laptop in his pack, probably more), creates a distress beacon type thing to hail Destiny, which changes it's course to retrieve him?

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumSource View Post
                            OK I have a a few ideas on what might happen, but before I get into that I want to voice my opinion about who the aliens might be. The story is still kind of open as far as the Asgard go. we know that at least one of the Asgard from the lost tribe in Atlantis survived the destruction of Janus' base. Also we know that the milky way nor Pegasus is their home galaxy, if I remember correctly the sg1 Asgard lived in the galaxy of Ida, and who knows if that was their original galaxy. The suits on the destiny are almost identical looking to the battle armor that the Asgard used in S5 of Atlantis. I think its possible that this lost tribe of Asgard, or maybe even an older (humanoid form mentioned in season 5 of SG1) have been on destiny, and in fact are the aliens who we are going to see and who have been piloting the small craft we saw in Air p3. Allusions to the Asgard have not gone unnoticed, and I think that's why.

NOW on to what might happen with rush.

1. We know that given enough power a gate even as far way as earth can cause the ship to stop and get the incoming worm hole. It stands to reason that this power requirement is based on distance. perhaps the gate where rush is can't dial destiny by it self, but I think rush will attempt to get the ship open and hook up its power supply to get the destiny to stop so a connection can be made. What happens from there I'm not sure.

2. Rush will continue to try to get into that ship. what he finds will determine what he does. If he finds an alien (I hope Asgard) they will work together to save them selves. if the ship is empty will attempt to fix or use equipment from it. Doubt full he will get the ship to fly. but there is probably tech or information on board that will help him. Its almost certain that he will get back onto destiny somehow.

3. I have no clue what will happen with the fat guy who sat in the chair, most likely he will regain consciousness and have some info that will help the destiny crew, not sure if that will play into rush's story. To date we know of only one race that can remove the anchinet info from a human brain, and thats the Asgard, so I'd bet that the aliens are Asgard and that they save him.

4 Side Note. If the aliens are Asgard, rush or someone on destiny could make a pact with them for them to access the SG1 Asgard knowledge base via the use of the communication stones. Its possible that the Asgard we meet will be a separate sect so they may be incredibly thankful to have the opportunity to learn from their lost cousins.
                            But i thought the Aliens were
                            Spoiler:
                            aquatic and serpent/jellyfish looking....that and the fact that this is supposed to be a new alien race native to this galaxy.

Comment

Well I have just emailed Sky to ask them if we are getting SGU next week, so we will know the answer in a few days! I hope so, would love to finally know ahead of the US, instead of always being three-four days behind them!

Comment

It's going to be a long 4months to have to stay away from spoilers for the second half.
                                no means no, and so does pepper spray
                                Sig by The Carpenter
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X