Telford's communication disruption...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
    No...that's kind of the reason why the stones are their only way to communicate. Signals from other galaxies tend to not get here...
    Through the gate they will. It would be as if they were only 100-200 feet away, in realspace.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

A bit milder surprise for the scientists hard at work on the terminals, then one of them finds himself dancing at a club with a hot chick and the other one finds herself really drunk and attacking another girl. "This is what they're doing with our bodies while we're gone!?"

Somehow reminds me of an old (and underrated, IMO) movie: "Cheech & Chong's Corsican Brothers"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff-B View Post
        A bit milder surprise for the scientists hard at work on the terminals, then one of them finds himself dancing at a club with a hot chick and the other one finds herself really drunk and attacking another girl. "This is what they're doing with our bodies while we're gone!?"
        LOLZ Yep!
        The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
          Through the gate they will. It would be as if they were only 100-200 feet away, in realspace.
          But they can't use the gate to connect to Earth....so how will the signal get there?

Comment

Some ground rules should be made for what you can and cant do in the other persons body

Number 1 should be "No sex"
            Seems silly to have to state a rule like that though

Comment

what they dont know cant hurt them ^^
              sigpic

Comment

I howled. I'm glad the commercial break came not long after, so I had a couple minutes to compose myself
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Certainly,

That had to have been one of the Guidelines that Young had mentioned when he talked to Eli and Chloe about visiting their families. I would think that was probably a rule in place. We don't know for sure right now, but I would certainly hope that was one of the Guidelines.

Maybe in a future episode we'll see them mention something about the Guidelines that are in place for this. Seriously though, you shouldn't be able to use someone else's body for that.

- CB
                  Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes.
                  Then, you're a mile away ... and you have his shoes.

Enjoy Online Roleplaying? So do I! Contact me over any listed IM program to learn about my Online Roleplaying Website! (E-Mail me first if you plan to contact me through MSN, I have privacy mode enabled.)

Or join my Roleplaying Group, and I'll contact you!

Comment

Originally posted by cubixrube View Post
                    That was priceless.
                    My whole family lol'd at that.
                    Why are Stargate scientists so awesome?

Comment

Originally posted by _Famrir_ View Post
                      what they dont know cant hurt them ^^
                      It can if an STD is involved.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I was surprised that Young would do something like that in some else's body. I know it was put in there as a laughing moment but Telford should've been pissed at what Young was doing with his body. And Young should be ashamed of himself.
                        Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
                          I was surprised that Young would do something like that in some else's body. I know it was put in there as a laughing moment but Telford should've been pissed at what Young was doing with his body. And Young should be ashamed of himself.
                          I wouldn't say that at all. I'm not sure what makes you think Telford would be angry about someone else getting him laid, and I really don't understand what's wrong with Young trying to fix his marriage and getting a little....physical in the process.
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                            I wouldn't say that at all. I'm not sure what makes you think Telford would be angry about someone else getting him laid, and I really don't understand what's wrong with Young trying to fix his marriage and getting a little....physical in the process.
                            It's strange, I think, that a lot of people don't have much of an adverse reaction to Young having sex with Telford's body. Not trying to project any opinions on anyone in particular, but I wonder if people don't care as much because he's a man?

For example, what variable of the scenario would have to be changed for people to get up-in-arms about how "wrong" it is? If you were here over the summer, then you already know one scenario that certainly outraged a decent portion of people

If a woman had taken over Telford's body, would that have been different? How about a man taking over a woman's body and doing the same thing? Etc...

I'm genuninely curious about this.

Also, my curiosity is mostly because I've noticed a surprising amount of people who found this "funny", or at the very least they didn't find it off-putting.

However, (*possible spoilers for upcoming SGU*)

Spoiler:
                            a great many people were very angry over sides from the episode "Sabotage" several months back. Granted, we have no idea if anything happens, but it seemed to suggest Rush having sex with a woman that takes over Camille's body via the body-swap device.

Where do we draw this line, and why?
                            Sig by Pandora's Box
                            sigpic

Comment

What's the deal with the communication stones? Was it ever mentioned how they actually work? Even back when they were discovered by SG1?

Also these stones now use a box. Is that Earth design?

Comment

Originally posted by StarFighter View Post
                                What's the deal with the communication stones? Was it ever mentioned how they actually work? Even back when they were discovered by SG1?

Also these stones now use a box. Is that Earth design?
                                Yes and yes. Both were seen in Avalon/Origin and Crusade respectively
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X