This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sblade View Post
    They can't help themselves... They love that comfort zone.

The Lucian Alliance is to SG-1 [and now SGU] what the Genii and the Travelers are to SGA, i.e., the go-to villains whenever the writers need a generic enemy to fight or complicate matters.
    Hmm, why not make a new one? Wait, that might require imagination (yes, insert heavy snark)

Originally posted by jenks View Post
    So? They're still aliens.
    I guess this is what they meant by no 'rubber faced' aliens. They'll just have human aliens

Bit of a stretch, I don't like the news either, but you've no idea how they'll be used in the series, there could be a presence throughout the season like Ethan in Lost.
    Erk, not LOST. I loved the show in season one, then it tanked in season 2. Don't know why, except that it was so predictable it wasn't worth watching. And Heroes, alas, ditto.

Originally posted by katikatnik View Post
    So, basically - SGA inherited replicators and the Asgards from SG-1. SGU inherited this alliance from SG-1. I repeat - didn't they say that this show would be stand-alone?

Cut off from Earth but not really, "new" enemies but not really... That sounds suspiciously like SGA.

Why can't the writers finally cut this ridiculous umbilical cord and make a show that stands REALLY alone? No communication devices, no body-switching with people on Earth, no inherited enemies from SG-1... I mean, I won't be watching this show but if I was, I would feel rather frustrated by their inability to cut Earth - and SG-1 - finally loose. As it is, it just boggles my mind...
    I'll still check it out, but I am dismayed how they backtrack off their original comments on the show, and now we're just one step removed of having a bus stop on the Destiny

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
      Erk, not LOST. I loved the show in season one, then it tanked in season 2. Don't know why, except that it was so predictable it wasn't worth watching. And Heroes, alas, ditto.
      Lost is probably the least predictable scifi series there is.

Comment

Lost is probably the least predictable scifi series there is.
        Really? Season 2 was you'd sit for ten minutes , then go "and this will happen, and that will happen" and it did, so I turned it off.

Comment

Personally, I am pleased at the possibility of this development.

Gagalctica had some jucy stories because there were enemies within and without and what was insidious is you had trouble telling which was which.

SPECULATIVE SPOILER ALERT (Guessing but playing safe)
          Spoiler:

If members of the Lucian Alliance are in the group, that adds a non Tauri perspective to things, while keeping all the characters present as human. - Something impossible with a truely new alien being or the likes of the Jaffa or Asgard, with too much back story to fill in, or blatent alien nature / appearance.

Re the previous spoilers, nice to see I was right about a couple of things from what the trailers were showing!

Lets wait and see.
          Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
          Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

According to the audition sides for episdoes 18 "Subversion":

Spoiler:
            Commander Kiva is with the Lucian Alliance. She is aware of the Destiny and has a list of all the people who are aboard it. She is also aware of the long range communications devices that the crew of the Destiny have been using to keep in touch with the people back on Earth.

The implication is that there is someone who is involved with the Stargate Program, and the Destiny in particular, who has been spying on the Lucian Alliance's behalf. Fingers are pointing to Col. Telford. Rush swaps bodies with Telford at a time when he is in the presence of Kiva and Dannicus. They torture him with a small taser-like gun, which with continued use will eventually cause death. Kiva doesn't believe that Telford is really Telford, and after some severe torture, she hopes that whoever is occupying Telford's body finally identifies himself. She's ruled out the use of brainwashing technology since she's not sure about how that would work when someone is occupying a body not his own.

A witness to Telford/Rush's torture is Varro, who is sickened by it and turns away.
            In the meantime, Young challenges Telford, who most likely is in Rush's body, concerning the suspicion that he is a Lucian Alliance spy. [It's not certain that Telford is indeed the spy, but even if he is, he could still be unaware of it, since Kiva admitted to having brainwashing technology, which is most likely the same kind used by Ba'al when he converted several Jaffa and even NID Agent Malcolm Barrett. These spies had to be triggered in some way and even after the fact, will still not be aware that they are indeed brainwashed.

http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wi..._Episode_Guide

an 19 "Incursion Part 1":

Spoiler:
            Poor Telford/Rush are still being tortured with the taser-like weapon used by Dannicus. They're on a cargo ship that has been redesigned from when the Goa'uld had them. Will Rush break?
            Eli and Chloe are together and Chloe is severely injured with a leg wound. They're still on the Destiny, but might be in a part of the ship that no one has explored yet.

Kiva has managed to board the Destiny. Young has demanded her and her people's surrender, but she doesn't plan to comply. She's in control of the gateroom and has some of Young's people as hostage. But Young and his people are in control of the "control interface room", which she says is the "ship's nerve center". Kiva wants possession of the great discovery that the Destiny is. She wants Young to surrender to join her in the discovery instead. Young counters that he can just vent the atmosphere where she is, but Kiva thinks he's bluffing since she believes he won't kill his own people.

Young calls for Wray to help in the negotiations.

http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wi..._Episode_Guide

BIG SPOILERS!

Comment

They really need to plug these leaks.

Comment

And how are regular viewers supposed to understand all these things without having watched the last couple of seasons of SG-1? This is really bad and creatively bankrupt. It seems the Lucian Alliance will play the role of the Others on Lost
                sigpic

Comment

And how are people supposed to understand these things without having watched the last couple of seasons of SG-1?

This is really bad and creatively bankrupt. It seems the Lucian Alliance will play the role of the Others on Lost
                  A race of smugglers who dislike Earth. Yeah that is a hard concept to comprehend.

Just because you use an enemy from an old series doesn't mean it lacks creativity. Look how series of Trek the Klingons or Romulans appeared
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    A race of smugglers who dislike Earth. Yeah that is a hard concept to comprehend.

Just because you use an enemy from an old series doesn't mean it lacks creativity. Look how series of Trek the Klingons or Romulans appeared
                    Of course. The Klingons and the Romulans go hand in hand with the Lucian Alliance in terms of significance and general coolness

Lol, I think not even a minor System Lord as the main baddie would suck so much as the Lucians.
                    sigpic

Comment

I can't say the prospect of having the lucian alliance as baddie in SGU excites me, with all the other possibilities TPTB had infront of them they've fallen back on an old SG-1 villain but we will see how it plays out.

Comment

However, if they got rid of one or two writers and brought in some fresh writers....
                        They did exactly that.

Comment

Lol, I think not even a minor System Lord as the main baddie would suck so much as the Lucians.
                          As has been stated already, the LA were poorly developed in SG1. They could be much more interesting in SGU.

Also surprised to hear that...

Spoiler:
                          Daniel is in another episode. I personally think we will see Carter in one or two of the last three episodes as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                            According to the audition sides for episdoes 18 "Subversion":
                            As I feared.

Spoiler:
                            It sounds way too much like the Genii incursion onto Atlantis.

The LA needs to go away, the USS Hammond should just obliterate their Ha'tak and be done with that villain for SGU.

I don't want the LA developed in SGU. They're just a distraction for SG-1, and should be left for Cam and his team.

I'm repeating myself here, but recycled enemies weren't supposed to be in SGU.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                              They did exactly that.
                              Let's see, Mallozzi, Mullie, wright, Cooper, Binder all still there...

Comment

Let's see, Mallozzi, Mullie, wright, Cooper, Binder all still there...
                                McCollough, Gero, and a 3rd who escapes me are gone. And JM has mentioned some freelance writers this season
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X