Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The more I hear about the show the more excited i get. I think this has the potential to be a great story and the Lucien Alliance will get some much needed development.

Comment

On first instinct, I'm rather disappointed at this piece of news, as I was hoping no SG-1 enemies would make it past the premiere.
      But, I suppose I'll just have to wait and see how it pans out.

Comment

I think this might be an opportunity to explain who the Lucian Alliance are, since from what I hear they are only hinted at in the premier. So if it's done the right way it shouldn't be an issue for the new viewers.
        "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
        Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
        Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
        Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
        Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

You've got to realise that from a writer's perspective, it's fun to build on under-used aspects/characters and just run and make them interesting. In SG1 the LA got extremely over-looked due to how deadly they made the Ori. Sure, at their basic's they're not that deadly but episodes like Company of Theives (I think that's the title?) showed them to be interesting.

And I welcome it. As long as what they do is good and they make a really good enemy out of the LA. We know, after all, that we will be on the Earth side of things at time - esp considering Lou Diamond Phillip's character, Telford, is stuck behind so it'd make sense for conflict on that side of the universe.

But as echoed, chill out. Stop jumping the gun.
          sigpic
          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
            I didn't think so, but in any case the operative word here is 'were'.
            "Were" because SG-1 is over, and maybe one day we'll see it fleshed out in some sort of continuation in another format. But fleshed out in SG-1.
            "Were" because SGU wasn't supposed to include SG-1 and SGA enemies, especially not the worst one introduced, besides random medieval villagers with crossbows.

Which is why I've been hoping that when the first trailers came out, that the CGI battles were a giant hoax from the producers. My theory was that the real enemy was going to be put in later. First, it'd mean that the SGU producers weren't going back on using former enemies as they originally promised. Second, it'd mean that we wouldn't need a lame excuse for the USS Hammond for why it can't destroy a Ha'tak.

Obviously since then more footage was released, and we have a Ha'tak somehow being a threat to a guarded base with a 304 nearby.

Comment

No character from previous shows - false

No contact with Earth - false

No English-speaking alien - false

Now I understand why TPTB said at Comic-Con SGU was, in fact, the 15th season of Stargate (SG-1).
              sigpic

Comment

Hm, didn't they say no "rubber head" aliens? So, by that statement they meant "normal, human aliens" instead? Didn't this show supposed to be "stand-alone"?

Comment

Originally posted by NMacc View Post
                  i doubt that...these are the people who ran 10 series of SG1 and 5 seasons of Atlantis. 300 shows minimum and now the boundaries are gone. They have a whole new scenario to write for! Off the top of my head, not counting the 20 stories done so far, i can think of a few dozen potential stories for universe...I'm not a writer. Imagine what actual writers could do with the show. Have some faith.

The Lucian alliance were boring? Maybe...but you have to admit, not a lot was done with them to make them particularly exciting. used as a B story plot device in 2 or 3 episodes whilst SG1 dealt with bigger threats. Flesh out a full, decent story of their own, where they get center stage? a lot can be done with them.

And don't forget, a few years have passed since the last time we saw them. Who knows what changes have been made? No longer the band of thieves and smugglers maybe? I'd like to see a fully fledged Lucian government of sorts, with planets of their own to defend. A group of humans who don't want the fate of their worlds left in the hands of the now powerful tau'ri or the jaffa? Sooo much can be done with them!!!
                  If the Lucian Alliance were center stage?? I'd tape the episode and watch it when I had nothing better to do. Nope, can't say I care to see the Lucian Government - had enough Jaffa politics in SG1. If they're going to make a new show in a new universe, then do it. Instead of building a new house from the ground up, they only knocked out the walls, kept the foundation and frame and will just stick up walls. So, not so different

However, if they got rid of one or two writers and brought in some fresh writers....

Comment

Katikatnik: Yes, they said...but I think they should explain that "Icarus-attack" thing in the pilot. And it´s only three episodes arc, so it isn´t something big....

They are coming...Smurfs!

Comment

Originally posted by katikatnik View Post
                      Hm, didn't they say no "rubber head" aliens? So, by that statement they meant "normal, human aliens" instead? Didn't this show supposed to be "stand-alone"?
                      Or CGI aliens (but that is VERY costly) or can someone's dog act really welll?

Comment

if there is ONE race that has the potential to possess a human brain (ie, if we can blow up a sun, they can too. if we can use tactics, they can too), its the lucian alliance. it looks like we might finally get an enemy with BRAINS.

the Lucian alliance is not an enemy to the Destiny. they are a pain in the ass.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                          If the Lucian Alliance were center stage?? I'd tape the episode and watch it when I had nothing better to do. Nope, can't say I care to see the Lucian Government - had enough Jaffa politics in SG1. If they're going to make a new show in a new universe, then do it. Instead of building a new house from the ground up, they only knocked out the walls, kept the foundation and frame and will just stick up walls. So, not so different

However, if they got rid of one or two writers and brought in some fresh writers....
                          They can't help themselves... They love that comfort zone.

The Lucian Alliance is to SG-1 [and now SGU] what the Genii and the Travelers are to SGA, i.e., the go-to villains whenever the writers need a generic enemy to fight or complicate matters.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tinerin View Post
                            Well, technically, the majority of the Lucian Alliance are humans...
                            So? They're still aliens.

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post
                              They can't help themselves... They love that comfort zone.

The Lucian Alliance is to SG-1 [and now SGU] what the Genii and the Travelers are to SGA, i.e., the go-to villains whenever the writers need a generic enemy to fight or complicate matters.
                              Bit of a stretch, I don't like the news either, but you've no idea how they'll be used in the series, there could be a presence throughout the season like Ethan in Lost.

Comment

So, basically - SGA inherited replicators and the Asgards from SG-1. SGU inherited this alliance from SG-1. I repeat - didn't they say that this show would be stand-alone?

Cut off from Earth but not really, "new" enemies but not really... That sounds suspiciously like SGA.

Why can't the writers finally cut this ridiculous umbilical cord and make a show that stands REALLY alone? No communication devices, no body-switching with people on Earth, no inherited enemies from SG-1... I mean, I won't be watching this show but if I was, I would feel rather frustrated by their inability to cut Earth - and SG-1 - finally loose. As it is, it just boggles my mind...

Comment

Working...
                                X