Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like their vow to include no humanoid English-speaking aliens in the show didn't last long.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
      The Lucian Alliance were boring
      I didn't think so, but in any case the operative word here is 'were'.
      "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
      Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
      Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
      Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
      Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Could there be a group of covert lucians in the Icarus staff...?

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
          Looks like their vow to include no humanoid English-speaking aliens in the show didn't last long.
          Well, technically, the majority of the Lucian Alliance are humans...

Comment

Jeez, quit the *****ing (To all the *****ers, not the optimists of the crowd). Who says that this'll be such a bad thing? It's an out of context casting call, and for god's sakes, the casting calls for this show were abysmal, but that doesn't mean that the end result won't be brilliant. I'm going optimistic here, and maybe there's more to the storyline than we know. Yeesh, wait a little bit, and maybe stop being presumptuous.
            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

sounds interesting. LA was interesting group
              Stolen Kosovo
              sigpic

Comment

I hope they'll manage to have Tricia Helfer
                Stolen Kosovo
                sigpic

Comment

Well this may explain the Goa'uld ships that attack Icarus base. The Lucien Alliance have many in there fleet as we've seen!!!
                  MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                  MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                  POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                  CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                  GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                  VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                  FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Originally posted by AnnieS View Post
                    Well this may explain the Goa'uld ships that attack Icarus base. The Lucien Alliance have many in there fleet as we've seen!!!
                    Yes.
                    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                      Can replicators be far behind? The Lucian Alliance were boring (sorry) and bringing them into SGU means, well, the writers are already running out of ideas for something NEW. Sigh...
                      i doubt that...these are the people who ran 10 series of SG1 and 5 seasons of Atlantis. 300 shows minimum and now the boundaries are gone. They have a whole new scenario to write for! Off the top of my head, not counting the 20 stories done so far, i can think of a few dozen potential stories for universe...I'm not a writer. Imagine what actual writers could do with the show. Have some faith.

The Lucian alliance were boring? Maybe...but you have to admit, not a lot was done with them to make them particularly exciting. used as a B story plot device in 2 or 3 episodes whilst SG1 dealt with bigger threats. Flesh out a full, decent story of their own, where they get center stage? a lot can be done with them.

And don't forget, a few years have passed since the last time we saw them. Who knows what changes have been made? No longer the band of thieves and smugglers maybe? I'd like to see a fully fledged Lucian government of sorts, with planets of their own to defend. A group of humans who don't want the fate of their worlds left in the hands of the now powerful tau'ri or the jaffa? Sooo much can be done with them!!!
                      - Ancienty?

Comment

So the Tau'ri can eradicate an entire and more advanced parasitic race, get rid of a bunch of ascended beings, out smart the replicators twice and annihilate life sucking bugs, and saving the Asgard little grey behinds several times.

But they cant deal with the Lucian Alliance? No one saw them coming?

Now we'll have to deal with a LA spy torn between honor and survival? If thats the plot theyre working on im gonna be so mad.

Comment

maybe a few of the attackers from the lucian alliance get thru the gate as well before it closes and they hide on the destiny

Comment

I had a feeling something like this would happen, and said as much yesterday Casting spoilers only lead to doomsaying and wild speculation.

Comment

Yeah guys lets all make a bunch of rash decisions because we have such a fantastic track record doing that.

Comment

^^ Round of applause to you two. Stargate fandom is great at taking two sentences, and trying to make out that they're some sort of death knell for the show.

Remember the original character breakdowns? Even I was worried. And now the show is looking to be the best (or most highly acclaimed, at least) Stargate show, with the best round of actors the franchise has seen yet.

a.k.a: Let's not jump the gun. It's been proven already that we shouldn't be doing that.

Comment

Working...
                                X