Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just noticed in a video on the MGM site that the event horizon looks greyish or silvery.

Now, that could just be the lighting in that show of the gate or possibly unfinished VFX, but it got me wondering if the event horizon color may look a bit different from the previous two Stargates. Now, it could also simply be better VFX from the previous 2 series, which would explain why the event horizon look has changed over the years.

(You could also make the argument that depending on the gate, the event horizon color will vary. Something to do with the frequency or [insert some logical stuff here] of the gate. If you noticed, Milky Way gates had a darkish, navy blue while Atlantis gates were a lighter blue.)

So what do you think? Looking at the video, could there be a possibility of a silver looking event horizon?

Link: http://stargate.mgm.com/view/character/164/index.html

It is the Everett Young Character profile and the gate with the silver event horizon is towards the end.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
    and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Looks more like the original event horizon from the movie.

Comment

I had brought up when the latest trailer came out that the event horizon looked more of a silver than blue, this footage further supports that. If true that it has change leaves me wondering if the kawoosh has changed and wormhole effect when they step though the gate. I also mentioned that it looked like the original gate effect from the movie, like jenks just pointed out.

Here's a shot from the trailer:
        Last edited by kirmit; 11 July 2009, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
          I had brought up when the latest trailer came out that the event horizon looked more of a silver than blue, this footage further supports that. If true that it has change leaves me wondering if the kawoosh has changed and wormhole effect when they step though the gate. I also mentioned that it looked like the original gate effect from the movie, like jenks just pointed out.

Here's a shot from the trailer:
          Look like what we've seen for the past decade+ At least to me.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
            It looks a lot more like the original EH from SG-1 than from Atlantis. The Pegasus gates seemed to have much "blue-er" EH, while the MW gates had more of a shimmery silver EH. The original movie's EH seemed to undulate a lot faster than the ones in the series.
            Erratum5.net: Geeks come hither...
            Check out my Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Matarrese View Post
              It looks a lot more like the original EH from SG-1 than from Atlantis. The Pegasus gates seemed to have much "blue-er" EH, while the MW gates had more of a shimmery silver EH. The original movie's EH seemed to undulate a lot faster than the ones in the series.
              Yeah...I can see that.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                Here's a few examples of the SG-1 and Atlantis EH.
                http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s10/...0e16_0763.html
                http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s1/1...l/101x486.html
                http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s1/1...l/101x483.html
                http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s1/1...1x01_0016.html

Oh and the movie version.
                http://www.chevron26.com/visualdatab.../img/mv014.jpg

Comment

Thanks for the pics!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Matarrese View Post
                    It looks a lot more like the original EH from SG-1 than from Atlantis. The Pegasus gates seemed to have much "blue-er" EH, while the MW gates had more of a shimmery silver EH.
                    Actually, at least in the later episodes of SG-1, the event horizon had a strong bluish tint, as opposed to the event horizon of Pegasus 'Gates, which have a greenish/teal tint.
                    "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
                    - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
                    - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
                    - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

Originally posted by prattmic View Post
                      I have added both the new glyphs and gate to the Wikipedia article. I wasn't sure what to put for the source and author, but you can see what I did here: here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargat...ce%29#Universe
                      Well, thank you!

Comment

I think the Gate in SGU is interesting very diffrent from SG-1's and SGA's it seems very industrial to me.(Think that's the word).

I think it's going to take some time for me to get used to this gate.I prefer the Atlantis gate. But i'm not complaining just not used to seeing the gate look like that. I like the chevrons they cool looking.

Thanks for posting the pictures everyone and thanks for the wiki update prattmic.
                        GOODBYE GATEWORLD. BEEN FUN TAKE CARE ALL!!

Comment

With the new spinning gate I can see lots of stories where the gates breaks or gets stuck on its track. Especially if the planetary gates also spin, especially the ones left in the open with the mechanical track exposed to the elements.

An example would be a team trapped on a planet being chased by an alien enemy, only to find that a sandstorm has hit a desert gate and to much sand has gone into the inner track preventing it from spinning. They then get trapped on the planet as tthey don't have enought time to clean out the gate while being hunted.
                          sigpic
                          Banner Made By Me for Me
                          The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
                            With the new spinning gate I can see lots of stories where the gates breaks or gets stuck on its track. Especially if the planetary gates also spin, especially the ones left in the open with the mechanical track exposed to the elements.

An example would be a team trapped on a planet being chased by an alien enemy, only to find that a sandstorm has hit a desert gate and to much sand has gone into the inner track preventing it from spinning. They then get trapped on the planet as tthey don't have enought time to clean out the gate while being hunted.
                            Hmmmm...IDK...the gates in the MW and Pegasus didn't rust or anything from being out in the elements for thousands of years.
                            sigpic

Comment

Just FYI, I have converted all 36 symbols to SVG, and they are now updated on the wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargat...ce%29#Universe

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith View Post
                                What's more interesting about that gate is the lack of symbols on it.

THERE IS TOO symbols on it, watch the most current spoiler trailer for it, you can see brail on them, im not joking. it looks like dots swear to god.

Jor El
                                Daniel

Comment

Working...
                                X