• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
    Is it October yet?
    No...its not...unfortunately
    sigpic

Comment

Here are the missing glyphs from the wiki page (I don't know how to add them):

---15 ------ 16 ------- 17 -------- 18 -------- 19 ------ 20 ------ 21 ------ 22

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargate_(device)

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
        Here are the missing glyphs from the wiki page (I don't know how to add them)
        I'm extremely excited to find out the details behind these glyphs. They are certainly not constellations, to be sure. It'll be interesting to see how it ties in with the existing gate mythology.
        Sig by Pandora's Box
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
          I'm extremely excited to find out the details behind these glyphs. They are certainly not constellations, to be sure. It'll be interesting to see how it ties in with the existing gate mythology.
          I'm assuming the glyphs will represent certain areas of space in a galaxy. If that is the case, they can be reused for numerous galaxies because they would continue to represent those areas of space as the Destiny travels onward.

If you get what I mean? I proposed this earlier. Kinda hard to explain what I mean.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
          and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

And here's the Destiny gate with all the glyphs (I added the 8 missing ones):
            http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/9423/universegate.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by :Orion Coran: View Post
              I'm assuming the glyphs will represent certain areas of space in a galaxy. If that is the case, they can be reused for numerous galaxies because they would continue to represent those areas of space as the Destiny travels onward.

If you get what I mean? I proposed this earlier. Kinda hard to explain what I mean.
              Um...I think I get what you mean, but just to clarify, I'll present two thing I think you could mean.

1) You think the glyphs represent certain areas of space in a galaxy, and ONLY for that galaxy even as the Destiny moves on

2) You think the glyphs represent certain areas of space in a galaxy for one galaxy as well as others as it moves on.

I think two is not very feasible, for a lot of reasons, but I think you meant something like the first one?

Bah, maybe you should just explain what you mean
              Sig by Pandora's Box
              sigpic

Comment

Personally, I just think they are numbers, like on a regular phone. It would make sense, as then it wouldn't need to change symbols for every new galaxy, and it would make it more universal, no pun intended.

Comment

2) You think the glyphs represent certain areas of space in a galaxy for one galaxy as well as others as it moves on.

I think two is not very feasible, for a lot of reasons, but I think you meant something like the first one?
                  Why not?

It could be that each address always means something along the lines of "X degrees from the line along the galactic plane originating from the galactic core that is closest to pointing at Earth, (+/-) Y degrees elevated from the galactic plane, and Z% out from the inner edge of the habitable zone of the galaxy (w/ 100% being the outer edge of the habitable zone)."

Or, it might be that the Destiny's address glyphs are "stand-ins" for local address glyphs, e.g., in Pegasus, this glyph would stand-in for this glyph, this for this, etc.
                  "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
                  - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
                  - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
                  - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

Originally posted by Quadhelix View Post
                    Why not?

It could be that each address always means something along the lines of "X degrees from the line along the galactic plane originating from the galactic core that is closest to pointing at Earth, (+/-) Y degrees elevated from the galactic plane, and Z% out from the inner edge of the habitable zone of the galaxy (w/ 100% being the outer edge of the habitable zone)."
                    Hmmm, well I was thinking along the lines of said location in space being in the middle of a star, a black hole, or something along those lines.

Furthermore, an initial thought of mine was that galaxies vary greatly in size, but this also wouldn't matter if said calculations were done with percentages rather than fixed distances.

I mean, I GUESS this wouldn't be as big of an issue as I thought...but I'll await a canon explanation for things to make a final decision on it.
                    Sig by Pandora's Box
                    sigpic

Comment

Here are the missing glyphs from the wiki page (I don't know how to add them):

**Note by prattmic: Something weird is going on with the images so I have removed them from the quote.**
                      ---15 ------ 16 ------- 17 -------- 18 -------- 19 ------ 20 ------ 21 ------ 22

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargate_(device)
                      And here's the Destiny gate with all the glyphs (I added the 8 missing ones):
                      http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/9423/universegate.jpg
                      I have added both the new glyphs and gate to the Wikipedia article. I wasn't sure what to put for the source and author, but you can see what I did here: here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargat...ce%29#Universe

Comment

Serenity?

Comment

Um...I think I get what you mean, but just to clarify, I'll present two thing I think you could mean.

1) You think the glyphs represent certain areas of space in a galaxy, and ONLY for that galaxy even as the Destiny moves on

Bah, maybe you should just explain what you mean
                          Well, in my crazy mind, I thought two. I don't know, I just figured it made sense.

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                          [Image here]

Serenity?
                          What do you mean? o.O

Comment

Originally posted by :Orion Coran: View Post
                            Well, in my crazy mind, I thought two. I don't know, I just figured it made sense.
                            Lol, well Quadhelix made me see how it might, although I'm not sure this is what it will end up being. Maybe though

On an un-related note, anyone else getting the massive pic by "Anti-sec"? Looks like they are "seriez bizness".
                            Sig by Pandora's Box
                            sigpic

Comment

On an un-related note, anyone else getting the massive pic by "Anti-sec"? Looks like they are "seriez bizness".
                              Yup, I am. It's very annoying. xD

Comment

Yes, they were imageshack-hosted images of glyphs 15-22, to be posted on Wikipedia, but something happened. I have them downloaded if someone wants me to reupload them to another site.

Comment

Working...
                                X