This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
    That gate is simply beautiful! Its gonna be my desktop for quite some time now.
    It's been my desktop a week now . I am surprised how well people have responded to the gate, I personally love it but thought others wouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by pjp View Post
      well i definitely like the new gate dialing but i cant see how the symbols lock
      Hmm me too

Spoiler:
      Don't no if its a spoiler but maybe they don't lock
      Made by the wonderful Lahela

Comment

Originally posted by SGU Scotsman View Post
        Hmm me too

Spoiler:
        Don't no if its a spoiler but maybe they don't lock
        actually yes, on the official site, it has been said how they lock ^^
        sigpic
        ___________Stargate SG-1____________________Stargate Atlantis____________________Stargate Universe
        ________07.27.97 ~ 06.22.07________________07.16.04 ~ 01.09.09__________________10.02.09 ~ 05.09.11

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis91 View Post
          actually yes, on the official site, it has been said how they lock ^^
          Oh cool

Comment

On the site it will tell you how, if you play around with the synth and look at a close up of the top of the gate.
            sigpic
            Sig Courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Originally posted by frostwolf View Post
              On the site it will tell you how, if you play around with the synth and look at a close up of the top of the gate.
              exactly, for those who don't want to do the trip
              Spoiler:
              the gate bearing (the light at the top of the gate) will light up when the right glyph is beneath it. and it will stay active while the gate is open.
              so there's a good guess that it's the device which activate the glyphs
              sigpic
              ___________Stargate SG-1____________________Stargate Atlantis____________________Stargate Universe
              ________07.27.97 ~ 06.22.07________________07.16.04 ~ 01.09.09__________________10.02.09 ~ 05.09.11

Comment

exactly, for those who don't want to do the trip
                Spoiler:
                the gate bearing (the light at the top of the gate) will light up when the right glyph is beneath it. and it will stay active while the gate is open.
                Confusing, it also says this about the symbol on the floor
                Spoiler:
                A close up view of the floor beneath the Stargate showing the in floor Chevron. It supplies a visual to show the address locking prior to the gate activating. The entire gate turns, so this shows the chevron that is hidden beneath the floor.

So which is it? The top or the bottom?

On another note, the runway lights leading upto the gate seem to be a visual representation of where not to stand when the gate is activating, so as to not get kawooshed out of existance.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                  On another note, the runway lights leading upto the gate seem to be a visual representation of where not to stand when the gate is activating, so as to not get kawooshed out of existance.
                  Yes, one would not like to get kawooshed out of existance! This would not be good!

Yay! Post 1300!
                  Last edited by LtColCarter; 15 July 2009, 09:21 AM. Reason: no reason
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                    Yes, one would not like to get kawooshed out of existance! This would not be good!

Yay! Post 1300!
                    Congratz

Comment

'Kawooshed out of existence'

Love it. Will have to use it somewhere.
                      Author of 'The Legend of the Locust' Sci Fi Series

Worked on SGU (a little)

Comment

Originally posted by lmoroney View Post
                        'Kawooshed out of existence'

Love it. Will have to use it somewhere.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post

Comment

Spoiler:
                            So it could work like one or two things off the top of my head:

Spoiler:
                            A rotary phone or a combination lock. I think it'll be like a combination lock after seeing the DHD... The mechanism on the top left looks like a combo lock but there's no visual representation of which point on the star is which chevron. How do you think the screen is used?

My thoughts on how the floor chevron comes in play:

Spoiler:
                            Most shots of the gate usually have 2 chevrons hidden in the floor. This could mean that there are only 8 chevrons on the gate and the floor chevron is the only representation of the 9th chevron. Like a control crystal built into the ship that cannot be removed. Does this mean the seeder ship gates only have the capability for 8 symbol addresses?
                            "Each and everything in the universe is nothing other than the perfect manifestation of the essential nature. If you realize this fact, you will find that your own self nature exists in completeness, from the beginningless past into the endless future."

Comment

Originally posted by CStads View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              Most shots of the gate usually have 2 chevrons hidden in the floor. This could mean that there are only 8 chevrons on the gate and the floor chevron is the only representation of the 9th chevron. Like a control crystal built into the ship that cannot be removed. Does this mean the seeder ship gates only have the capability for 8 symbol addresses?
                              Well, in this image, you can see the glow of both the eighth and ninth chevrons through the grills in the floor (image courtesy of Anubis91).
                              "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
                              - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
                              - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
                              - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

Originally posted by Quadhelix View Post
                                Well, in this image, you can see the glow of both the eighth and ninth chevrons through the grills in the floor (image courtesy of Anubis91).
                                Very cool!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X