X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
    Yes, Sir! [mouth gapes]

If I remember right, the Antarctic Stargate was said by Sam to be one of the oldest in the Milky Way. So we have no actual timeline yet as to which came first.

And btw, I don't believe the Nox or Asgard ever made a Stargate. The Tollan were the only race, other than the Ancients, to build a Gate. (I suppose if you want to include the Ori's Supergate, you can, but I lump them in with the Ancients.)
    But in Ark of Truth did we not see the sketchbook of the gates original designer, and his initial sketches looked like the Milkyway gates?

Of course it could be that the gate on the destiny is still newer than the Earths gates, only designed by a different person? Hell or even a different manufacturer, like cars and computers on Earth. Which would be a nice twist and almost more realistic view of the Ancients. With different factories and designers creating different model Stargates?
    sigpic
    Banner Made By Me for Me
    The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Um...is it me, or are there only 36 symbols?
      sigpic
      Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Where on the new site does it mention the Gate Bearing? I havn't come across this yet.
        sigpic
        Sig Courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Sharp View Post
          Um...is it me, or are there only 36 symbols?
          Yup, 36. There's a great pic of it here
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney_Mckay View Post
            I would like to believe that this gate is some kind of big tribute to Don S. Davis, because...ahem..

Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning
            I'm the general, and I want it to spin!
            LOL...I forgot about this! But I do love the new gate! It looks cool with the different symbols and all.
            sigpic

Comment

I wonder if the gates on planets will have a different type of dhd to the one on the destiny. For some reason I can't imagine that type of dhd on a planet, it might be like Atlantis, having a computer type DHD on base and the regular kind we're used to on planets.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                I wonder if the gates on planets will have a different type of dhd to the one on the destiny. For some reason I can't imagine that type of dhd on a planet, it might be like Atlantis, having a computer type DHD on base and the regular kind we're used to on planets.
                IDK...but it sounds very possible. We may have to wait and see...unless someone finds out!
                sigpic

Comment

Here are some screenshot about the new gate:

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/090709/SGU_ww...toltes.hu_.jpg
                  http://kepfeltoltes.hu/090709/SGGUU_...toltes.hu_.jpg
                  http://kepfeltoltes.hu/090709/SGU_fe...toltes.hu_.jpg
                  http://kepfeltoltes.hu/090709/SGU_ka...toltes.hu_.jpg
                  http://kepfeltoltes.hu/090709/sgu_ka...toltes.hu_.jpg
                  http://kepfeltoltes.hu/090709/sgu_ka...toltes.hu_.jpg

Thanks to jacksonDShanks!
                  "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

what about this ?
                    sigpic
                    ___________Stargate SG-1____________________Stargate Atlantis____________________Stargate Universe
                    ________07.27.97 ~ 06.22.07________________07.16.04 ~ 01.09.09__________________10.02.09 ~ 05.09.11

Comment

Wow. Thanks. Your picture has the best resolution, what I could see about the new gate.
                      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis91 View Post
                        what about this ?
                        And there's my new background .

Comment

Wow! Where did you find that?

Comment

Quick question to everyone, now we've seen the gate what's your opinion of it? Is it better than you expected? Are you disappointed? Do you just outright dislike it?

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                              Quick question to everyone, now we've seen the gate what's your opinion of it? Is it better than you expected? Are you disappointed? Do you just outright dislike it?
                              I don't like the white lamp above the gate and the door in the background. The glyphs are simple, but very logic (lines and circles). I could imagine bigger white chevrons as well, because it seems they became a bit smaller and wider. And it seems there will be no glyphs under the chevrons, so there will be no inner ring, because
                              Spoiler:
                              the whole gate will spin (?). I think it will happen only at dialing or at the activation of the ninth chevron, but it won't spin at arriving.

I like the new gate design, because it is similar to the Ancient communication device. So technically the gate became new while it looks old. I can't wait to see it in action.
                              Last edited by Platschu; 09 July 2009, 12:10 PM.

Comment

I agree about the light at the top, I'm not particularly keen on that and the door at the back, unless a good reason is given for having it there. I'm interested in seeing the kawoosh on this gate, wonder if it'll be the same thing or they'll do it differently somehow.

Comment

Working...
                                X