X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
    They showed it in the "Frantic" clip

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb...easer01_55.jpg

It really is a case of blink and you miss it.
    the gate looks like it is compress from the top too me.

please remove the IMG tags when you quote pics
    Last edited by Skydiver; 03 April 2009, 09:31 AM.

Comment

I like that gate!

Comment

Michael Linn writes: “Hey Joe, Did the gate get a redesign for Universe like it did for Atlantis?”

Answer: Yep, all new gate. Or, actually, all new old gate. I’d say it’s probably the coolest of the three gates, almost steam punk in operation. The SG-1 gate comes a close second. Atlantis’s Vegas design, while certainly nice, doesn’t really compare.
        http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ce-and-comics/

Comment

Hey everyone! I've lurked on this forum for so long that I decided I'd start posting, lol. I'm really excited for Universe, so I've been having a lot of fun reading this forum for the past few months as news has slowly come in, and I've enjoyed the first two teaser trailers.

But more on topic, from what little we saw of the gate I'm pretty intrigued. Obviously the first trailer was dark so there wasn't too much to see, but I like the ideas that a few people have mentioned about the chevrons changing while it moves through space. From my limited knowledge of Astronomy (I took an intro class this year) it seems like this could likely be the case, as constellations look very different from different parts of space. And because of stellar drift they even begin to change drastically over time.

Anyways, glad to be here finally posting
          Sig by Pandora's Box
          sigpic

Comment

Just thought I'd post a few pictures of destiny's gate, loving the design.

Comment

Love it...

Love it...Love it...Love it...Love it...Love it...

It looks like it is a combination between the Milky Way gate and Pegasus gate.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
              and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                Just thought I'd post a few pictures of destiny's gate, loving the design.
                Kirmit, where's this shot from?

GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                  Kirmit, where's this shot from?

Anubis91 found it on the Iphone part of the Syfy site .

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                    Anubis91 found it on the Iphone part of the Syfy site .
                    Yep, I was on the internet this noon at work and I suddenly found this picture
                    Isn't that cooool ?
                    We have a look at the back of the gate and the Destiny Gaterium
                    sigpic
                    ___________Stargate SG-1____________________Stargate Atlantis____________________Stargate Universe
                    ________07.27.97 ~ 06.22.07________________07.16.04 ~ 01.09.09__________________10.02.09 ~ 05.09.11

Comment

Sweet!

That does indeed look like a teeny, tiny Gate Room.
                      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                        Sweet!

That does indeed look like a teeny, tiny Gate Room.
                        Maybe it's a perspective illusion?
                        Sig by Pandora's Box
                        sigpic

Comment

I actually thought it looked the biggest of the three gaterooms....

Comment

Just saw the new teaser... I think it's very cool that the chevrons actually spin with this gate. Considering how old it looks compared to the other gates, maybe this one is more powerful in some way... eh? Just a thought.
                            sigpic
                            "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                            DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith View Post
                              What's more interesting about that gate is the lack of symbols on it.
                              There *are* symbols on it...and you'll get a good look at them pretty soon.

You've also, sort-of, seen one of them already...

Laurence
                              (Sounding like a Vorlon, I know...sorry about that)
                              Author of 'The Legend of the Locust' Sci Fi Series

Worked on SGU (a little)

Comment

Originally posted by lmoroney View Post
                                There *are* symbols on it...and you'll get a good look at them pretty soon.

You've also, sort-of, seen one of them already...

Laurence
                                (Sounding like a Vorlon, I know...sorry about that)
                                Is this the symbol you're referring to?

On a side note, I really hope they release the Iphone pic as a wallpaper, I think it would look great as my background.

Comment

Working...
                                X