This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
    Actually I believe I posted this here before they posted it in the other thread .
    Woo-hoo! You go with your speedy self!!
    sigpic

Comment

Holy hell...where did these come from? Even I've never seen them before
      Sig by Pandora's Box
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
        Holy hell...where did these come from? Even I've never seen them before
        I know...where did that come from? It looks awesome
        sigpic

Comment

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/0...argate-comics/
          sigpic
          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
            http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/07/dynamite-to-publish-stargate-comics/
            Thanks. I knew it had to be a relatively new find
            Sig by Pandora's Box
            sigpic

Comment

Quadhelix cries in a corner about the homogeneity of Stargates throughout the universe.
              "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
              - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
              - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
              - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

Originally posted by Quadhelix View Post
                Quadhelix cries in a corner about the homogeneity of Stargates throughout the universe.
                Am I missing something? It looks to be an off-world version of the one aboard the Destiny.

The Destiny gate is, as we've seen, much different than any gate that has come before (or...I guess "after" in-canon ).
                Sig by Pandora's Box
                sigpic

Comment

I know the question has probably been answered before but Im new? So why?
                  Add to rep if you like the pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Inthenite42 View Post
                    I know the question has probably been answered before but Im new? So why?
                    Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning.
                    Sig by Pandora's Box
                    sigpic

Comment

Am I missing something? It looks to be an off-world version of the one aboard the Destiny.
                      Exactly. I'll explain below.

The Destiny gate is, as we've seen, much different than any gate that has come before (or...I guess "after" in-canon ).
                      Yes, however, with the exception of Milky Way and Pegasus, and perhaps a handful of other galaxies colonized by the Ancients, every galaxy in the universe that has a Stargate network (and by now, the number of galaxies has to be in the hundreds, if not the thousands or even millions) has Stargates that are 100% identical to the 'Gate on the Destiny: not only the same aesthetic design (which I could live with) but also the symbols.

This means hundreds, or thousands, or millions of galaxies whose Stargates are completely identical.
                      "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
                      - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
                      - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
                      - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning.

That is basically the gist of it. Theuy want it to look new, and cool, and different then either of the things that have come before it, so they are doing this. From a coolness standpoint it looked really cool in the trailer, but I do not see how it can be really practical at all.

Comment

The tech level of the SGU gates is meant to be between that of the MW gates and Pegasus gates. Thus, they are old enough to still use the rotating central ring but will presumably have advanced features. Possibly things like lower power consumption, mabey even a shield.
                          sigpic

Comment

I see your point, but two things:

Originally posted by Quadhelix View Post
                            Yes, however, with the exception of Milky Way and Pegasus, and perhaps a handful of other galaxies colonized by the Ancients, every galaxy in the universe that has a Stargate network (and by now, the number of galaxies has to be in the hundreds, if not the thousands or even millions) has Stargates that are 100% identical to the 'Gate on the Destiny: not only the same aesthetic design (which I could live with) but also the symbols.
                            I don't know about you, but I certainly can't tell that those symbols are the same as the Destiny's.

Also, weren't you the one saying how it would make sense if the symbols did stay the same? It had something to do with X, Y, Z plane percentages. I think it was even earlier in this very thread.

This means hundreds, or thousands, or millions of galaxies whose Stargates are completely identical.
                            Even if this one is the same, we have no canonical reason to believe the others are. We know next to nothing about the seeder ship yet.

As a last point, which is more of a personal opinion than anything, I don't really mind if they are all the same.
                            Sig by Pandora's Box
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TrueLordOfNetu View Post
                              The tech level of the SGU gates is meant to be between that of the MW gates and Pegasus gates. Thus, they are old enough to still use the rotating central ring but will presumably have advanced features. Possibly things like lower power consumption, mabey even a shield.
                              Um...it was my understanding that the Destiny's gate came millions of years before the MW gates, which are older than the Pegasus gates anyways.

Sig by Pandora's Box
                              sigpic

Comment

Um...it was my understanding that the Destiny's gate came millions of years before the MW gates, which are older than the Pegasus gates anyways.

Where did you hear this?

I was under the impression that the Seeder Ship and subsequently the Destiny were launched from the Milky Way sometime after the gate network was established there but before the City ships were built and sent to establish the Pegasus network.

EDIT: As for the GDO question in the SGU Gate thread we've just been merged with. Don't all offworld personnel wear a GDO at all times? If so everyone would already have one and so a reciever on the Destiny itself would be all that is required to use the IDC system.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X