X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i love this episode i like the whole back in time thing is fantastic
    sigpic

Comment

This one was a very funny. I loved the part where O'Neill says "okay, im going to honest with you now, my name is not Cpt. Kirk, my name is Luke, Luke Skywalker"

Comment

thats why i love this episode u get to see o Neill's sence of humour
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
          My favorite dialogue from this episode...
          "So your thing, that thing on your forehead. What's it symbolize? Peace?"

"Slavery. To false gods."

"Right on."
          Mine is:

Michael: "After the concert, me and Jenny, we’re even thinking of crossing the border up to Canada."
          Teal'c: "For what reason?"
          Micheal: "You know, man. The War."
          Teal'c: "The war with Canada?"

Comment

I liked vey much the end and the disco clothes!

Comment

Favorite Dialouge
              Major Robert Thortan : "I'm Major Robert Thortan And You are..?"

Jack : "Coughs... Captain James T. Kirk Of the Starship Enterprise"

Major : "Your dogtags say otherwise."

Jack: "Their lieing.."

AHah thats was great xD
              Good Job to Jackson Saying "Niet" (No in Soviet) the guy asked if they were Soviet Spys lol.

Comment

fantastic episode i love the whole going back in time thing. i also liked that they shot Hammond to save his job lol. this is one of my faves
                sigpic

Comment

I remembered liking this episode when I first saw it years ago, and it's still pretty fantastic.

I wonder if the team was ever tempted to look up Mike & whats-her-name Jenny (the hippies) to find out what happened to them. Wonder if he went to Canada or Vietnam.

I'm a Sam/Jack shipper from way back, but I'm seeing a lot of "moments" with Sam/Daniel this time around. I could see this pairing. Especially in their 60's get-ups ~ they're so cute!
                  Last edited by Pic; 30 November 2008, 10:19 AM. Reason: chic's name is Jenny

Comment

Since I haven't watched another episode this week (work-travel just prior to finals SUCKS!!) I'm kinda stuck on my last viewed episode.

Luckily, it's the awesomeness of 1969.

went back in time
                    to 1969
                    Hammond saved our butts
                    because Sam's hand was cut
                    we drove around in a hippy-mobile
                    some time on a telescope we did steal
                    Danny talked some really bad German
                    then we snuck into an armory like vermin
                    Sam calculated and timed it right we think
                    anyways, Teal'c looks groovy in pink

Comment

Jack's Roots hat always ruins it for me. Roots is a Canadian hat (toque?) company that wasn't around in 1969. I mean, he looks damn hot in that outfit, but couldn't they have picked a hat that didn't have "ROOTS" on it in giant letters?

Comment

i agree they should have chosen a hat that fits with the time instead of just chosing a hat but i guess they just thought no one would notice or that no one would know the difference in any case they should have picked better
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nos es antiquitas View Post
                          This is my favorite episode, so it seems like a good place to make my first post.

It had so much humor and somehow managed to stay serious. I loved Daniel's German accent. Michael Shanks did a wonderful job.

About the hippies:

Maybe in a future Episode we'll find out that Jenny and Micheal's son/daughter works at the SGC? That would be an interesting twist.

About the gate and the car batteries:

Doesn't the gate store enough energy to manually dial out once? I don't think I have the episode where they beamed the gate up and used it that way, so I can't check it to be sure. Since the gate had been in storage so long, maybe she only wanted to suppliment the energy? It could contradict 'Prisoners', so I apologize if I'm wrong.
                          I just saw this episode again on SPACE. Still a favorite!!! And like quite a few here, I have always wondered what happened to Michael and Jenny. That would be cool if one of their future children made it to work with the Stargate program!!!
                          MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                          MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                          POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                          CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                          GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                          VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                          FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Originally posted by AnnieS View Post
                            I just saw this episode again on SPACE. Still a favorite!!! And like quite a few here, I have always wondered what happened to Michael and Jenny. That would be cool if one of their future children made it to work with the Stargate program!!!
                            I loved the reference to "Woodstock" when Michael said they were going to some concert in upstate New York. When Daniel said they were from a galaxy far, far away and Carter and Jack shot him a dirty look. So many good moments. 1969 is one of my favorites; I just find it fun.

Comment

i agree one of the best episodes
                              sigpic

Comment

Poor Daniel. It's one thing to know that losing your hair is a possibility. It's another thing to find out that you are definately going to lose it, and so profoundly that it's the first thing someone comments on in a very unusual situation. Alas!

I watched this last night and it left me with a couple of questions.
                                How far into the future were they thrown? Cassie says 'far into the future', which makes me think she's rather older than what we would consider a normal human lifespan. She's also using some very self-contained technology to open the gate, which makes me think they have become very advanced. Or Cassie has...

The gate room is clearly out of use. Is there another gate? Why wouldn't they be using it anymore. Cassie's had device shows that not only are they still capable, but have become better at it. Or Cassie is...

What do you think?

Comment

Working...
                                X