1969 (221)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoliers for later episodes.....

Don't forget, when 1969 aired, they were still in the original 2010 timeline, where the Aschen made everyone's lives longer and such. When the note came back at the end and they scrubbed the planet from the dialing computer, that is when the alternate timeline split off, and anything could have happened. So things could still change.

Steve

Comment

First off, thats not a spoiler, and if it was you should use Spoiler tags. Plus, it is unlikely that it was the 2010 timeline as Cassie said she didnt recognise Daniel with hair, he died in the 2010 timeline before he lost his hair
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

The 1969 time line will still exist since later in 2010 they threw a message back to our time and they blocked the Aschen home word from the dialing scequence.

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
          First off, thats not a spoiler, and if it was you should use Spoiler tags. Plus, it is unlikely that it was the 2010 timeline as Cassie said she didnt recognise Daniel with hair, he died in the 2010 timeline before he lost his hair
          Yes! That should have settled this whole debate long ago! Why didn't anyone else notice this?! As you said, that line proves that the future isn't the future from 2010! Mystery solved everyone!

timdalton007

Comment

This is another one of my favourites being a time travel episode great quotes and funny scenes from Jack.

Always worth watching again and again.

STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
            legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Comment

I liked this ep for what it was a light hearted piece of entertainment. I find if I over analyse things like how everything that happened in this ep did happen then I lose sight of the bigger picture. That's not to say I don't analyse everything I just tend to do it while I'm daydreaming at work LOL .

I have read a few fanfics based around this ep that have Carter meeting up wih her Mum ( don't knock the spelling I'm Australian) and would have liked to have seen if Carter cosidered doing just that, despite the Grandfather paradox thingy.

Australian Teryl Rothery Fan Club
              www.atrfc.com

Comment

Seeing a young Hammond was the most scariest part of the home episode. Hearing the voice before seeing the his name gave it away though. I really was like you can't be serious... oh lord. But it was a wise thing for Jack to quite literally get rid of the evidence. All in all it was a good one.
                ...it never ends.

Comment

I love this episode, it has a lot of great moments, although as someone has pointed out, they really shouldn't appear in the mountain complex in 1969, they should end up at the place where stargate was stored in 1969, otherwise it would contradict with 2010 big time.

Interestingly enough, scientists (the real ones actually speculate that stable wormhole could be used to do time travel, so this part of the episode is not absurd at all. Using stargate (which is a stable wormhole) to travel through time makes a lot of sense in terms of science fiction.

Comment

jack zats the boxes to rid 1969 of the evidence but he's all for going back in time in mobius, also carter did't have much to say but she allowed them to use the timeship to go back knowing full well the future would change when she took a pee at the back of the tent 5 thousand years in the past, timetravel is tricky and should never be attempted, i wish i hadn't otherwise bills gates would never have become the wealthest man in the world, mind you windows would never have come about.....and .....oh my computer...oh dear what did i do wrong!!!!! :O
                    For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Anyone ever notice in "1969" that the shot of the tire blow out is on dry gravel yet they pull up on wet tarmac?

lol only just noticed it!

EDIT - Thanks for moving admins, i was un aware each ep had its own thread
                      Last edited by mother-goose; 17 January 2006, 04:48 AM.
                      Good Evening, Good Nite, GOOD BEER!

Comment

i didnt like that episode...not much....
                        i think time travel suck...lol...
                        because no matter what you do there is always a risk of changing something...for better or for worse...

Comment

Anyone know how much Jack owed Hammond (includng interest) at the end of the ep?
                          The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by Eoin
                            Anyone know how much Jack owed Hammond (includng interest) at the end of the ep?
                            $539.50

Comment

With interst
                              sigpic
                              Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

that was with intrest

General Hammond

"Oh by the way Colonel with intrest you owe me $539.50"

Comment

Working...
                                X