No announcement yet.

1969 (221)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a pre-destination paradox. The whole thing is a cycle and it doesn't really have a starting point. SG1 couldn't have waited 30 odd years to tell Cassie to wait for them in the future because they never made it to the future in the first place.

In the end it's just a cycle that keeps on going in a never ending loop.

sigpic

Comment

it is a good ep i like it at then end where hammond tells jack how much he owes him and a very good job you kept that note safe kudos to you george and a good casting for hammond too.
      daedalus 15

Comment

is it just me, or does cassandra's device look like the furling artifact and work like the dialing wave of the nox? does that mean that we have met the furlings?

Comment

Originally posted by ijffdrie View Post
          is it just me, or does cassandra's device look like the furling artifact and work like the dialing wave of the nox? does that mean that we have met the furlings?
          It sure does! Well it just means the PTB wanted us to know that SG-1 would eventually be able to pull all of that cool stuff of, and truly become the Fifth Race and share those cool things.

But within the 10 seasons of the series, they don't actually meet the Furlings or get that kind of technology from the Nox or anyone --- but they would, eventually. It's all just a brainteaser ^^

That being said, I love time-travel episodes, even though they make my head hurt. The whole self-fulfilling prophecy thing I still don't get, but it's just always so nice to watch, especially with the little future scene they threw in. They love to do that to us, don't they? ^^
          => Complete SG-1 marathon: currently watching Season 10... <=

In the end, only you can decide the fate of your own soul…

sigpic

As your mother, you will listen to *me*, young lady! There will be *no* leading ships on a mass murdering crusade!

Comment

Originally posted by Treebeard1213 View Post
            How was Cassandra there waiting for them the first time this all took place? I can't "assume" that part at all. This is driving me nuts!
            Why's it necessary to assume she was waiting for them? No matter who was at the 20xx gate the first time they came through, Carter would probably not want to learn too much about the future, and whoever happened to be at the gate might have had similar views. Maybe they were prevented from leaving by authorities suspecting a plot, until Cassandra found out and came in to resolve the situation; or maybe they just decided to try to contact someone they knew to ask them about flares.

There's also the possibility that 20xx Cassandra was ascended in one or more of the timelines.

Comment

Spoilers below (I forgot how to use tags)

I just watched this last night, what's interesting to me about this scene is that the first time I watched it several years ago I noticed that Cassie used a devise similar to the ones the Knox and Asgard used to instantly open the gate. I always wondered how earth had progressed far enough to go from a bulky dialing computer to that small hand devise. Then I watched again last night and remembered that same question but this time I had the answer: They learned how to create that devise using the Asgard Core on the odyssey.

The best part of that scene though is when Cassie tells SG1 their adventure is just begining. She was sure right about that!
              Last edited by J_schinderlin56; 25 March 2008, 09:43 AM.
              Sheppard's team runs into Kolya on a planet:

Koyla:"That's right Sheppard, I've got you right where I want you. And there's nothing you can do about it. Your plan was flawed, mine is perfect.This time I have a new gotee, and a black cloak. And I know for a fact that anyone would be scared of that. Now give me the ZPM or I'll kill the guy with the dreadlocks."

5 seconds later....

Kolya is hanging from a tree by his underwear.

Wa Wa Waaaaa.....

Comment

i liked this episode. Its a great going back in time story. i love the hippies in it .LOL
                sigpic

ATLANTIS RULES

Comment

Very groovy, man

Rating: 9/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2008/06/1969.html
                  My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
                  http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

I wonder why the observatory was so unguarded, it is true that they are a secret ops team. But you would think they would run into some kind of security. My favorite parts are when they get to meet Hammond at such a young age and when the guy smoking a cigarette is interrogating SG-1, both classic moments.

Originally posted by J_schinderlin56
                    Spoilers below (I forgot how to use tags)

I just watched this last night, what's interesting to me about this scene is that the first time I watched it several years ago I noticed that Cassie used a devise similar to the ones the Knox and Asgard used to instantly open the gate. I always wondered how earth had progressed far enough to go from a bulky dialing computer to that small hand devise. Then I watched again last night and remembered that same question but this time I had the answer: They learned how to create that devise using the Asgard Core on the odyssey.

The best part of that scene though is when Cassie tells SG1 their adventure is just begining. She was sure right about that!
                    Sure they could have taken the technology from the Asgard core, but my guess is that they found the device and gave it to Cassie. They knew that she would have to get them through the gate fast without a DHD or computer.

The real question is why would they leave a working Stargate in that abandoned facility... Let's say they had stopped using the Stargate and were only using spaceships, they would seal up the Stargate. Or let's say they are using a different gate in a separate facility, they would still have the gate sealed. The only possible way they would leave the Stargate unguarded was if they were trying to minimize their effect on SG-1. What I mean is perhaps they made it look deserted and sent Cassie in there so that SG-1 wouldn't know who else was still alive or how they were doing things. I know that it is a thin excuse, but I can't think of anything else.
                    sigpic

Comment

My favorite dialogue from this episode...
                      "So your thing, that thing on your forehead. What's it symbolize? Peace?"

"Slavery. To false gods."

"Right on."
                      sigpic
                      Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
                        My favorite dialogue from this episode...
                        "So your thing, that thing on your forehead. What's it symbolize? Peace?"

"Slavery. To false gods."

"Right on."
                        Ya you have to remember that this was the 60's civil rights were at a high point.
                        sigpic

Comment

Is there any sci-fi show that does not have a time travel episode?

This was an interesting episode. I would have liked to see more of how the SG1, especially, Tealc would interact with 1969 culture, but since they are trying to do some damage control, they have to limit their interactions.

Tealc's 1969 outfit is pretty hilarious.

And future looks very promising!

Comment

I haven't watched this episode in a while. It wasn't as good as I remember it. Besides the clothes, hippies, and montages it didn't really feel like they traveled through time. Some 60's music and more culture would have helped. Since the clothes were really all they had to tell us it was 1969, it seems the clothes were a bit over the top, especially Teal'c's wig or whatever that was.

Comment

"Is there any sci-fi show that does not have a time travel episode?"

There probably isnt, time travel is one of the most interesting parts of sci-fi, i would be dissapointed if there wasnt a time travel episode in a sci-fi series.
                              sigpic

Comment

Awesome episode! Always has been one of the my favourite episodes simply because I'm a time travel fan.

I wonder if they inspired Lt Hammond to work his way up the ranks to become a General, knowing one day that he will.

Jack had some funny comments like "Captain James T Kirk, of the Starship Enterprise."

I love the shot at the end with SG1 on the ramp in 1969 clothes, hehe they look so out of place.

Stargate SG-1 Re-Watch: Season 1, 2, 3

Comment

Working...
                                X