No announcement yet.

1969 (221)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just love this ep. Saw it again for the 5th or 6th time today, and also wondered what happened to Michael and Jennie.

Also thought when Cassie said, "I didn't recognize you with hair", could have been said to Teal'c... it's a bit of a stretch, but whatever.

Also wondered about the observatory. Why no one was there and the boys just used it.

Doesn't matter, love this ep anyway, 'cause I really do love time travel!

Comment

This was a clever and fun episode. They looked so funky in the '60s clothes!
      sigpic
      Please don't laugh, this is one of my first attempts at a banner.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilana View Post
        Also wondered about the observatory. Why no one was there and the boys just used it.
        Ah, that was a more innocent age - back when no one ever locked their doors etc. etc. etc.

I love this episode - it has so many little 'time travel' touches, like Sam realising that the reason she had been asked by Hammond to look into the possibility of using the gate for time travel was simply to make sure she was ready to get them home from their visit to his earlier career.

How on earth does Daniel find the room inside his head for 23 different languages? Mind you, it did bite them in the butt a bit when he forgot himself and replied without hesitation to a question put to him in Russian. It's nice to be able to forget about the old days of the Cold War, but not at that moment.

I wonder how much interest had accumulated on that money that Jack 'borrowed'?

Also loved Michael and Jennie's 'hippy speak'. Far out!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum View Post
          I wonder how much interest had accumulated on that money that Jack 'borrowed'?
          I thought that Hammond said about that at the end - I forget the exact figure, but it was a lot.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Harlan's Speechwriter View Post
            I thought that Hammond said about that at the end - I forget the exact figure, but it was a lot.
            I don't think he did say- he just stated the amount he gave Jack in 1963, and said "plus interest".

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
              I don't think he did say- he just stated the amount he gave Jack in 1963, and said "plus interest".
              I think the look on Jack's face said more than the actual amount ever could - serves him right for making rash promises in the heat of the moment!
              sigpic

Comment

I think the look on Jack's face said more than the actual amount ever could - serves him right for making rash promises in the heat of the moment!
                Just as well it wasn't in the UK, or they'd have had to convert it from pounds, shillings and pence into decimal currency!
                sigpic

Comment

Though it makes you wonder how much pushing hammond did to get into the SGC generalship..

Comment

I've watched this episode many many many times.

I can only think of two things that explain the end.

Either what happened exists in a timeline that exists merely for fufilling the return of SG1 to 1998.

Or we have another gate on earth, probably Atlantis, parked in orbit, or out in the ocean somewhere, or back in antarctica.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Harlan's Speechwriter View Post
                      Just as well it wasn't in the UK, or they'd have had to convert it from pounds, shillings and pence into decimal currency!
                      Or, we could be in alternate timeline where we've gone into the Euro...
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio View Post
                        I've watched this episode many many many times.

I can only think of two things that explain the end.

Either what happened exists in a timeline that exists merely for fufilling the return of SG1 to 1998.

Or we have another gate on earth, probably Atlantis, parked in orbit, or out in the ocean somewhere, or back in antarctica.
                        Why could it not have been the main SGC one.??

Comment

Or, we could be in alternate timeline where we've gone into the Euro...
                          Or an alternative timeline where America has gone into the Euro...that would be even more fun!
                          sigpic

Comment

Mmmmmm Time Travel

Comment

One has to make a lot of assumptions just to make this episode partially make sense. First of all how did things play out the very first time SG-1 was thrown back in time? The first time Hammond could not have known ahead of time what was going to happen and the younger hammond would not have believed them. So one must assume that the first time SG-1 simply lived out the rest of their lives in the past. This resulted in the current timeline. We also must assume that the first time this happened young Hammond happened to see the cut on Sam's hand. The future Hammond later realizes he has seen these people before in the past. He then assists SG-1 in order to preserve the current timeline. That's a lot of assuming right there. How was Cassandra there waiting for them the first time this all took place? I can't "assume" that part at all. This is driving me nuts!

Comment

you'll understand - in time :|

Comment

Working...
                                X