S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Silverwings View Post
    They blame that on pirates and YouTube or iTunes. *shrug* Anything to dodge responsibility, y'know.
    That's just stupid; if you're an avid fan you're not going to wait for the torrent/youtube/itunes release, you'd want to see it ASAP!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
      I truly don't disbelieve you, but I find it hard to believe that amount as filmed and not used. That's *a lot* of footage (and money!) to run over for time.

Well, perhaps the footage was meant for several eps.

suse
      That's exactly what I was hopeing for when I heard him say that. "Well, they wouldn't let all that great footage go to waste so I'm sure they'll find someway to give it to us." but that day never came which only added to my fury. That's how I know it was arrogance that was behind those 9-10 season choices. Wouldn't it be great if they used it in the next Jack centered movie as a flash back?
      Mac Jackson
      Singer/Songwriter of
      "Harmony Constant"
      [email protected]
      myspace.com/harmonyconstant
      youtube.com/MacWJack
      Our Music is at iTunes and Amazon:
      http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...tant&x=19&y=22

Comment

I would love for them to release a combo dvd of bloopers and sceens that hit the cutting room floor.
        sigpic
        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
          I would love for them to release a combo dvd of bloopers and sceens that hit the cutting room floor.

Would be nice, but I really doubt it. RDA never wanted bloopers released, he thought it lessened the product.

Also, it pretty much took an miracle to get the bloopers in S4 SGA, it almost didn't happen.

suse
          sigpic
          Mourning Sanctuary.
          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Mac Jackson View Post
            I would love it if it does happen Tammy. At the time I spoke to him he had yet to see the episode(being in Canada where Sci-Fi didn't air) and was shocked when I told him how the episode was edited. "Really? They filmed 1/2 hour or 45 mins worth dealing with all of that". It breaks my heart to think of what we should/could have seen.
            Wow, I just read this yesterday, I was a bit shocked!

And somehow now also this picture makes sense, since a scene like this was not seen in the episode. Might be from such a deleted scene?

Funny pictures with Stargate-Actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

More Action Figure Theater at http://community.livejournal.com/action_tales/

Comment

That pic looks more like something out of "The Real World", a season 3 Atlantis episode. If that's not Elizabeth's psych ward room, it bears a very strong resemblance.
              Tilting windmills since... well... too long ago to remember...

sigpic

My portfolio and repository:
              http://z13.invisionfree.com/Peregrine_Design/

Comment

Yes, Real World or could it be from when they go to Cam's hospital room in the first Ep. of S9?

Comment

That pic looks more like something out of "The Real World", a season 3 Atlantis episode. If that's not Elizabeth's psych ward room, it bears a very strong resemblance.

I'm pretty sure it's from that ep. What a waste of RDA.

suse
                  sigpic
                  Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's from that ep. What a waste of RDA.

suse
                    Most definitely! They had RDA and what did they do with him

Spoiler:
                    not what I'd like to do with him...oops, did I say that out loud?

But then again, using Jack would have shown what a schmuck Cam's character really was
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Aye, I was pretty disappointed with Jack in "The Real World". Is it sad that I almost liked it more than Continuum, though?
                      Tilting windmills since... well... too long ago to remember...

sigpic

My portfolio and repository:
                      http://z13.invisionfree.com/Peregrine_Design/

Comment

Aye, I was pretty disappointed with Jack in "The Real World". Is it sad that I almost liked it more than Continuum, though?
                        Its because in Continuum he runs into a knife even though he has survived countless blasts/exploding suns etc.

That scene looks like it is from The Real World-seriously any generic person could have played that role. Weir and O neill weren't that close that he had to be in her delusion.
                        They shoudl have really saved him for another episode like maybe the finale of SG-1. I understand Oneill not being there because he now has a life outside of the show. BUT why Landry (mind you I actually like Landry better than Mitchell but Mitchell bashing would remove my arguments weight)?
                        Seriously it was almost like if a random Asgard came along and goes "hey we are all dying cya". It only makes sense to have Thor do this. Landry is not chummy enough to come along.

In that regards I wonder if the Nox got a decent goodbye from the Asgard before they left

Just quickly what ever happened to King Arthur? Obviously he failed in locating the Holy Grail.
                        That was the sucky part of the mythology in Seasons 9 and 10. Only Merlin and Morgana were really used. Think of all the false gods and what not we saw in the 8 seasons prior-they actually were intertwined and we actually saw them do stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post

Spoiler:
                          not what I'd like to do with him...oops, did I say that out loud?

But then again, using Jack would have shown what a schmuck Cam's character really was
                          yes, mandy but they didn't want that M rating
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mac Jackson View Post
                            I would love it if it does happen Tammy. At the time I spoke to him he had yet to see the episode(being in Canada where Sci-Fi didn't air) and was shocked when I told him how the episode was edited. "Really? They filmed 1/2 hour or 45 mins worth dealing with all of that". It breaks my heart to think of what we should/could have seen.
                            I suppose this is one of those naive wishes that will never be granted, but I'd love it if that half hour/45 min bit could be put on a deleted scene disc (or at least the major parts of that segment). I'd love to see it, as I'm sure would many other fans.

Comment

Would be nice, but I really doubt it. RDA never wanted bloopers released, he thought it lessened the product.

Also, it pretty much took an miracle to get the bloopers in S4 SGA, it almost didn't happen.

suse
                              Really? (the part about RDA not wanting bloopers.) I always had the impression that none of the actors took themselves so seriously that they couldn't laugh at their own "bloopers" and not be willing to share them with their fans/audience. And I personally don't think it would have lessened the product in any way; in fact, maybe just the opposite. But that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post

Hence the reason he was used more on SGA than SG-1.

Well, I have other thoughts as to why, but this isn't the place to air them. Because they are opinion of motivation and are not complimentary.

suse
                                sigpic
                                Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Working...
                                X