X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
    It makes perfect sense to me.
    Originally posted by suse View Post
    But then, you are on drugs that make you loopy. That comment was a joke. Not that she isn't on sinus meds.

Agreed, makes perfect sense.
    No narcotics, so I'm actually not loopy at the mo'. Wasn't then, either.

We're still here. Any idea when that will change?
    sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
    May we all be so well loved.

Comment

I'm not sure, but I think they will concentrate on SGU, SGA then SG1, so being last on the list is a good thing for once
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
        Just watched the conclusion of the Season 1 episode Enigma and, once again, another simple, quiet, enjoyable moment between SG-1. Is it me or were those done away with in Seasons 9 and 10?

"The very young do not always do what they are told".
        I cling to those early season episodes.
        I love my team.

Comment

Not until after the first of the year so we have a few weeks
          sigpic
          Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

OUr thread has generally not had to be modded. I wonder if we could get away with just a name change. Season 9 & 10 critique thread?

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
              OUr thread has generally not had to be modded. I wonder if we could get away with just a name change. Season 9 & 10 critique thread?
              That'd be sweet if it could be done
              sigpic
              Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                Ohh, what 'Team' 'thread? Sounds like something I want to take a look at
                Team discussion thread:
                http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=44540

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                  Just watched the conclusion of the Season 1 episode Enigma and, once again, another simple, quiet, enjoyable moment between SG-1. Is it me or were those done away with in Seasons 9 and 10?

"The very young do not always do what they are told".
                  Nope. Not just you. I didn't see any real team-y moments. A moment here and there between one or two of the members, but not group/team moments.

Comment

Actually I think there were some "team" moments. However they felt forced to me. While in the earlier seasons with the original team those scenes came naturally, and the chemistry the actors had on screen was allowed to shine through, in S9 and 10 it was more "in your face", LOOK they're a team, LOOK they're friends, SEE, SEE, SEE...!!! And I found it to be very off-putting, and annoying.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                      Actually I think there were some "team" moments. However they felt forced to me. While in the earlier seasons with the original team those scenes came naturally, and the chemistry the actors had on screen was allowed to shine through, in S9 and 10 it was more "in your face", LOOK they're a team, LOOK they're friends, SEE, SEE, SEE...!!! And I found it to be very off-putting, and annoying.
                      It was the visual equivalent of telling the audience instead of showing the audience.
                      sigpic

In memory of Deejay.

Comment

It was the visual equivalent of telling the audience instead of showing the audience.
                        Of course it was. We went from intelligent fans who notice details (BW in earlier years, paraphrased) to needing to be told characters are because we obviously (there was a noticable the lack of SQUEE!! regarding the new character and bad guys <<-- <<YAWN>>) were having a hard time seeing the greatness of them.

IMO we are not the ones who changed. I distincty remember looking forward to S9. Imagine my shock.

suse
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.
                        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Of course it was. We went from intelligent fans who notice details (BW in earlier years, paraphrased) to needing to be told characters are because we obviously (there was a noticable the lack of SQUEE!! regarding the new character and bad guys <<-- <<YAWN>>) were having a hard time seeing the greatness of them.

IMO we are not the ones who changed. I distincty remember looking forward to S9. Imagine my shock.

suse
                          I could not agree more with that. But there was definitely change and it was all quite clearly TPTB of Stargate SG-1 that changed IMHO.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                          K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

suse
                            Hence all of the negativity permeating Gateworld now. So do you all think we should just stop talking about it? We obviously haven't gotten over it.

Somehow I don't think we're the ones sinking the ship here.
                            sigpic

In memory of Deejay.

Comment

Hence all of the negativity permeating Gateworld now. So do you all think we should just stop talking about it? We obviously haven't gotten over it.

Somehow I don't think we're the ones sinking the ship here.
                              The ship has left the port long since. But it hit an iceberg a la the Titanic. Hubris was a factor in the sinking of the Titanic and the terrible loss of life. Draw what conclusions you will.

suse
                              sigpic
                              Mourning Sanctuary.
                              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I meant Gateworld was the ship that's drowning in a sea of negativity.
                                sigpic

In memory of Deejay.

Comment

Working...
                                X